Chapter 1 - The Mobbing Duo

ASHLEY POV

My name is Ashley Jade Campbell an orphan and 17 years old. The people I considered family are my best friends Kaylin and Kalvin Roberts including Mother Ester. She is the one running the orphanage at Lanshaw Children's Home and the woman who gave her last name to me.

I never knew who my parents were aside from the necklace with a locket that I'm wearing since I was a baby. For two years I tried searching for any relatives or clues that will lead me to them but I always failed. I've come to terms that if they didn't want me back then they will never want me now. Nobody will love me even my mate since my own parents abandoned me.

I'm a werewolf and it's not easy for me especially when I first shifted at the age of 7. Thanks to Luna Sophia and Mother Ester who is always there to help and guide me in everything. They claimed I'm special but I don't see it the same way. Maybe they are just being kind and wanted to make me feel better.

Anyway I'm a working student and scholar the same time at Roundhay School. It's a school not only for human who are mated but also for half or pure blood werewolves. I'm in my senior year now and it's been a week since the class started.

I was walking to the canteen when I saw the couple I loathed eversince I enrolled here. The names are Nathan and her slutty girlfriend Danica that makes my life a living hell. I don't know what the hell these pair problems with me especially Nathan.

"Hi Nerd! Pick up my books!" She ordered.

"Go do it yourself bitch! I'm not your slave." I spat with same tone.

She made an "o" face but somehow managed to get back at me.

"What did you just said?" She sneered.

"Are you deaf or you're plain stupid?" I mocked her.

"You you'll regret it! Baby she's not taking me seriously maybe it's better you do it instead." Danica complained.

"Pick it up and respect your Luna!" Nathan used an Alpha tone.

Honestly it doesn't even affect me there's just something about him that makes me wonder. Luna Sophia and Alpha Damien are kind people they treated me as family but Nathan always made me feel miserable.

"Here you go Almighty Alpha. Anything else your Highness?" I smirked.

"Next time know your place nerd." He watched me on the ground.

With a plan in my head I abide his useless demand. I stood up and passed the books with the intention of letting it go.

"Oops... sorry it slipped." I acted innocent.

What Danica did next made me furious and I wasn't prepared for that.

"How dare you disobey your Alpha!" She slapped me.

"This will be the last time you will hit me because I will not sit in the corner and cry. I will fight you back and won't let you or your coward boyfriend bully me." I copied her action.

She thinks I am frightened because of her boyfriend? Well she better think again because I am not like others.

"You will pay for this!" She screamed.

"I'm warning you don't you dare touch me again." I gripped her arm tightly.

She was about to advance on me again but I blocked her. Her spineless boyfriend did nothing but stand like a statue. Kalvin came with Kaylin and so the whole incident.

"Don't even think about it Danica." Kalvin protected me from her.

"I'm sure Alpha Damien will not like it if he knows this eh?" Kaylin checked if I have any injury.

"You're just lucky now but this isn't over. I will get back to you bitch!" Danica threatened me.

"Instead of bullying why don't you just do something to help your grades up huh?" Kalvin mocked her.

"The only thing she knew is making out in janitor's closet." Kaylin gave a disgusting look.

"Lewis, you better tell your slut to stay away from Ashley." Kalvin gritted his teeth at Nathan.

"Don't you dare call my girlfriend a slut!" Nathan growled.

I could almost see steams coming out of their ears from watching them. We were in that moment when a voice interrupted us at the hallway.

"Lewis! Roberts! What's going on here?" The Principal strode towards us.

If I remember correctly Luna Sophia mentioned that his father was the former Principal of the school. He is also a werewolf and doing a great job in maintaining harmony when student's performance and grades are concerned.

"Mr. Langston, their just having man to man chitchat right guys?" Kaylin saves us.

"Is this true Ms. Campbell?" He focused his eyes on me.

"Yes Mr. Langston. We're all actually heading to our class." I knew everyone's eye is on me.

"Very well now proceed to your class." Mr. Langston dismissed us.

He left and we all parted ways with the twins beside me. Few hours later my last class started and I zoned out thinking of the earlier events.

(FLASHBACK --- After History class)

I was walking to my next period when Kalvin catch up with me while Kaylin was nowhere to be found. I shrugged since she used to spend her time every period break inside the bathroom. That girl is like a having a dam in her glad bladder for peeing too much.

"Are you okay Ashley?" Kalvin placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I am why wouldn't I be?" I assured him.

"I just thought you got affected by Danica's threat." He sheepishly acted.

"Don't worry I never let her ruin my day Kalvin." I walked ahead of him.

"I just care about you a lot and I like you so much Ashley. I'll rephrase that I'm in love with you since I saw you at the orphanage when were kids." He snatched my hand in gentle way.

His confession made me stopped on my tracks and made me turned around.

"Kalvin, I... uhh... I don't know what to say." I was really speechless.

"You don't have to I just want you to know and perhaps give me a chance to prove it?" He actually wanted to court me.

"Kalvin, you know my opinion with relationships right? Besides when you find your mate you'll realize it's not love you feel for me but just an admiration. Please don't hurt your mate because of me." I stepped forward to him.

It was a wrong move for me to do that because the moment I stand in front of him he kissed me. His next action made me stone dead and I was too shock to even move or think.

'Keep calm. Close your eyes and try to get into his bloodstream. It will have you control on him.' My wolf pops in my senses.

I did what she instructed me to do and I was able to push Kalvin away.

"I'm sorry Kalvin I don't see you that way. I love you but only like a brother or best friend. Please understand." I left him at the hallway.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

I felt really bad for rejecting him but I know it's the right thing. I ran to the clearing to clear my head by watching the sunset. All of a sudden I felt someone was watching over me maybe it was my imagination since I am alone and it's almost dark. I gathered my things and walked back to the orphanage. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine