Chapter 50 - The Rightful Decision

ASHLEY POV

As soon as I gained consciousness I knew where I am by the smell of the room. I was overwhelmed when I saw a lot of flowers and notes wishing me well. I wanted to read one of them but I felt something rough but warm feeling on my hand. I lifted my head and saw Nathan sleeping figure. I reached for his hair and stroke it gently.

"Ja--ade? Baby? Is this true? You're really awake? Am I not dreaming?" Nathan rubbed his eyes.

"Yes I am Nate. I am back and you're not dreaming." I confirmed smiling.

"I missed you so much baby. Please don't scare me that way again." He instantly stood up.

I can see his face lights up as he keeps on touching my face and my hands to check if I am really real.

"I missed you so much too and I won't ever leave you again baby." I cupped his face.

He claimed my lips that I respond instantly as we savour the taste. We stopped when our lungs can't give us air anymore.

"There's something you need to know Nate." I muttered after our intense kiss.

"What is it baby? Are you hurt? Are you in pain? Are you --" He keeps blabbering.

"I'm fine now that you're here beside me baby but if you can't stop rattling I might have headache." I touched my temple.

"Sorry baby I was just worried... anyway what is it you want to say?" He massaged my temple.

"When I was at oasis... you know between after life and death Moon Goddess appeared and talked to me..." I recap every single detail.

He listens attentively as I saw his face changed from being sad to and confused to happiness.

"Don't cry baby please I hate seeing you like that." Nathan cupped my face.

"I will understand if you choose to leave me because I can't be a rightful Luna anymore. I'm human now Nate and you deserve someone better." I continue to sob on his shoulder.

"Listen baby, it doesn't matter to me if you're human or werewolf. You are my mate whatever it takes and I will still choose you no matter what." He lifted my face.

"What about the pack and what if they won't accept me anymore?" I sniffed.

"Jade you risked your life not just for them but for every werewolf that existed. I know and I believe that no matter what or who you are to them and to everyone else they accepted and respect you as much as your human side." He held my hands.

"I'm afraid they will reject me." I voiced my fear.

"Then they are not worth to be in our pack I will banish them because nobody is allowed to disrespect my decision or you. I promise that I will take care of you forever. I love you very much Jade." Nathan assured me.

"Thank you Nate and I love you too." I hugged him.

We broke apart when someone barged in to the door with a squealing tone.

"Sissy!!! You're awake!! OH MY GOD!! WE MISSED YOU!!" My noisy best friend hugs me.

"OH MY DEAR SISTER IS AWAKE!!" Thomas matched his mate's tone.

Due to their loud screams and probably mindlinking the whole pack everyone rush in. The couple gave me a sheepish look but continue to smile like lunatics. My parents and Nate's parents came in together with Mother Ester and Uncle Steve with Kalvin.

"We are glad to see you my dear child." Dad went to my side.

"It's nice to see you finally awake after a month Valerie. We can now celebrate you and Nathan's birthday." Mom hugged me together with Dad.

It has been that long since I was gone? I can't believe it! I thought it was only few hours ago.

'Yes, it's been that long baby I can still hear your thoughts you know.' Nathan pops in my brain.

If my wolf is now gone how is it possible that I can still connect with Nathan? I replayed the last conversation I had with Moon Goddess and that's when I realized what she meant. Silently I thanked Moon Goddess for the blessed gift.

'Nate... I still have our mindlinked!' I exclaimed.

'I'm happy you still have them.' He smiled.

'Should I tell them the truth baby?' I get so nervous.

'No we will tell them baby.' Nathan corrected me.

Our short chitchat was cut off when Sophia came forward on my bed too.

"Now that you're awake we can talk about the upcoming Proclamation and the wedding too." Sophia announced.

"Mom before that we want to tell you something first and foremost..." Nathan started.

We exchanged words as they all gathered and listened. I can't help but sobbed thinking of Silver and her last advised. Seeing my parents in silent together with everyone else made me really nervous.

"Dear, you have nothing to be scared or be ashamed of. What you did was a very strong and brave decision that none of us can." Sophia held my shoulder.

"That is true you saved us and chose to risk your life for everyone and that alone truly shows how great Luna you are." Damien stepped beside Sophia.

"A person like you is what the pack needs to be their rightful Luna." Uncle Steve seconded.

"We attest to that Ashey I meant Luna Valerie." Kalvin joined in.

"Thank you for all understanding." I was once again teary eyed.

Moments later Michael and Hector appeared panting.

"Princess, we came as soon as possible." Michael bowed.

"Your Highness welcome back!!" Hector hugged me while "Hector." Nathan growled.

"I'm sorry Alpha Nathan I got carried away." Hector submits.

"Don't worry about him Hector he is just being a possessive some times." I elbowed Nathan.

"Always." Nathan touched his stomach.

"So care to tell me what took you so long and where were you when the fight started?" I playfully grilled them.

"Well Princess..." Hector gulped.

I saw everyone went silent while the two were queasy with their movements. At first I upset with my parents actions but later on it reached my understanding I will also do the same thing if I were in their place.

I also found out the people who Sophia summoned were all related to us. For the Vampire elder, it was dad's sister Amelia who ruled the Darkworld together with her mate Jarred. The Guardian elder is Arabella, Michael's mate that he thought was dead she was brought to life by the angels from Afterworld. Comes next is Sophia's cousin for the Witch elder, Nicole Payne who was Uncle Steve's mate. She once led the Wicca World but was casted by Garret to vanish. When the book of Shadows was retrieved she was also brought back. The last supernatural creature was a Demon elder, my mother's former maiden named Macy Caldwell who is mated to Vincent, the princess of Underworld. All of them contribute in my healing process using their bloods.

Few hours after their visit the pack doctor made his last checked up on me. Nathan was finally convinced that I am well so I insisted to go back in our room. Nathan called a pack meeting regarding my awakening and the proclamation in two weeks' time.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine