Chapter 7 - The Conniving Scheme

ASHLEY POV

I was standing by the aisle when I accidentally tuned in on a girl and a man talking. It was never my intention to listen but my guts tells me it's important. Thanks to my wolf hearing I can hear them clearly.

"I gave you a simple task yet you failed to do it correctly!" The man tapped the table a little loud.

"I did but he caught me and ordered me not to see him anymore. I'm sorry." The girl whispered.

"Are you really stupid?! Why didn't you think or sense him before doing it?! He won't even glance or be interested again now that the ring is gone! Without it your Luna position will never happen!" The man's voice rose.

The more I stay on my spot the more I get curious when they mentioned Luna. My instinct told me that they are talking about Nathan and my brother.

"I will seduce him again I've done it before and we got him. If we can't then we will go with Thomas. He can give us information we needed." She persuades the man.

I was right they are after them and it made my blood boil. I am now reluctant to know who those voices belong to. I peeped through the door and from the corner of the booth I saw Danica.

'I knew that slut can't be trusted!' Silver woke up from her slumber.

'She's really a bitch I don't even know what Nathan saw in her.' I controlled my growl.

"How stupid can you be? The ring is the only thing that makes Nathan stayed with you! Do you even know where the hell is it!?" The man balled his fist.

"I lost it when he lunged at me." She stared on the ground.

'Who is she talking to? Can you identify the voice or the face?' My wolf slightly annoyed tone.

'Wait! Let's listen more and see if we can tell who he is.' I moved my head a jar.

To my disappointment I can't see his face due to the light coming from the window. The only features I can tell are his ash brown hair and could be around 40 years old with radiating aura. Something about him wants Silver and I to come out of our hiding and rip his head.

"Now the plan is ruined and I have to do my last resort." The man lean on the chair.

"What is it?" She sipped her smoothie.

"Get me few drops of Nathan's blood and his shirt that has his scent." The man demanded.

"How am I supposed to get it when he ordered me to stay away?" She almost choked.

"You will be going on his birthday party and like a good actress you will apologize to him. By that time the potion is ready, mix it with his drink and make sure he drinks it. The effect will happen instantly and he will think of you as his mate. That same night he will claim and mark you as his." The man instructed in details.

"He can't impregnate me only his true mate can bare his child." Danica has a concrete reason.

"Everything is possible with my magic I will cast a spell so you will smell like a pregnant wolf. All you have to do is get what I wanted and leave the rest to me." He put his hands on the table.

I felt very sick in my stomach hearing about their evil scheme. Good thing I know how to mask my scent otherwise they will smell me. I can feel my wolf is getting really worked up.

'Silver, calm down! We can't let them know we are eavesdropping. We are also in human world and hunters good be in this place.' I controlled her growl.

'Sorry Ash, it's just that it was very alarming.' She relaxed a little.

'I know but please restrain your temper we need to be cautious.' I respond nicely.

"What if he found his mate prior to his birthday and marked her?" She raised another question.

"He is an Alpha it will be hard for him to find her. Based on my researches Truebloods especially females have it in their nature and capability to smell their mate first. As for males their wolf will confirmed it when he met his mate's wolf." The man smiled confidently.

"Let's say hypothetically we found out who his real mate is. Do we have any plans in case it happens?" She moved her face closer to the man.

"Simple. We will kidnap and tortured her until she dies. Don't under estimate the magic my dear daughter." The man last word shocked me.

'No wonder both creatures are evil.' Silver criticized more.

'Quit talking Silver before we get caught.' I reprimanded my wolf.

"Dad! If they found out about it we will be banish from the pack or worse get killed. Alpha Damien already threatened me few days ago." Danica put sense on her Father's mind.

"May I remind you it's all just a creation of our witch magic and we are not part of their pack. With regards to the Alpha I'll handle him on my own way." The man dusted the crumbs on his suit.

'We need to tell Nathan about their plan!' Silver determined voice.

'Do you really think he will believe us over his girlfriend? He hated us in his eyes we don't exist. I reminded her.

'That was before when he didn't come to apologize. Maybe now he will listen to us considering Alpha Damien will be in danger not just his.' She reasoned out.

'You're right if we see him at school we will tell him.' I can feel her smiling.

We broke our link when his father called for the bill. I signalled one of the staff since Danica can't know I am here.

"Make sure you do your part well we didn't get this far for nothing. Don't fail me again or you'll face the consequence. I am sure you don't wanna know or feel it again." Her father actually threatened her.

"Yes Father I will not disappoint you this time." Danica bowed.

"Good girl now I need to go and check the leads of the precious child's location might be. I'll call you again sometime soon." Her father stood up.

They left after paying the bill but from my peripheral vision I saw they parted ways. Danica rides the bus while his father drove off with his car.

'I am curious about the precious child he was talking about?' My wolf commented.

'That's my questions too Silver all we know is Danica and her father are witches.' I stopped wiping

'We really need to go at the pack house now and inform Alpha Damien so they can do an investigation about it. We don't even know what Danica and his father are capable of.' My wolf becomes impatient.

'I got your point but I can't jeopardize my work besides we will see Nathan tomorrow. Can you just wait until then?' I argued with her.

'Fine but promise me we will face him and forget about your pride for a while.' She actually lectured me like Mother Ester.

'Why are you suddenly concerned with him? If I didn't know any better I'll say you're becoming attach to him.' I teased her.

'I just felt a connection with his wolf.' My wolf admits in hush tone.

'Let's discuss this later Ms. Wells is coming in ten minutes so I need to focus on my baking.' I cut our link.

Few hours more my shift ended I texted Kaylin but she's still out with Thomas. As a result it will be Kalvin who will pick me up I just hope he finally get over his feelings for me.

Minutes later I went outside to wait for Kalvin when I felt someone is watching over me. I turned around hastily when a hand grabbed my elbow.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine