Chapter 5 - The Absurd Bickering

NATHAN POV

In the middle of our fight we heard Ashley's booming voice commanding us to stop. I don't know if I'm my eyes are playing with me but her eyes turned bright red. She almost fell on the ground when I caught her just in time.

'How was it possible that Ashley got such powerful aura?' Blaze pondered.

'I don't know but let's talk about it later. I need to take her at the school's clinic.' I gently carried Ashley's body.

It's the first time I saw her features and she somehow reminds me of Danica. They have the same hair colour and height the only difference is their eyes. Ashley has deep blue green while Danica have green eyes if I knew any better I would think their related.

"Get your hands off her now Lewis!" Kalvin interrupted me.

"Can't you see she fainted asshole!" I glared at him.

"Where the hell do you think you're taking her?" He panicked.

"To the clinic." I snarled.

"I'm taking her!" Kalvin demanded.

My patience is really on the edge with this guy! Does he really expect me to hand over Ashley when I already have her in my arms! I didn't listen to him at all and lifted Ashley.

"What happened to Ashley?" He showed his concern.

Technically they are siblings because they shared the same last names. I saw my Uncle is with Kaylin one of Ashley's friends. I unintentionally growled at Thomas when he came to my Ashley's side and touched her.

'Blaze!!' I reprimand my wolf.

'I'm sorry I didn't mean too.' Blaze whimpered a little.

"OH MY GOD! What the hell did you do with her? Sissy! Wake up!" Kaylin keep on shaking Ashley.

"She fainted." Kalvin cut in.

"WHAT?! WHY?! AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHEN IT HAPPENED?" Kaylin yelled particularly to his brother.

"We were... uhmm... arguing." He started more like a question.

We are still eyeing each other like a prey while Kaylin tried to get her friend to wake up but it's not happening.

"KALVIN STOP THE EYE TO EYE BATTLE WITH NATHAN!! AND YOU NATHAN TAKE ASHLEY TO THE CLINIC NOW!! Kaylin demanded.

"I'm coming with you." Thomas interjected.

"NO! I'M TAKING HER! HE MIGHT DO SOMETHING TO HER!" Kalvin opposed.

"I AM NOT THE ONE WHO KISSED HER!" I snapped.

Yeah I was on the way to the restroom when I saw them talking. It was unexpected and didn't mean to witness the kiss. A part of me was satisfied when she turned him down.

"You both are acting like an ASSHOLE! Nathan already got her and he is an Alpha so his stamina is way faster than you! The infirmary is at the other side so we will just tow with him!" Kaylin argued in fact.

I mentally grinned because of her idea but preferred to nod. On the way I can hear Kalvin cursed continuously. The nurse attended Ashley immediately soon as we reached the clinic while we waited outside.

'What do you think happened with her? Do you think she will be alright?' Blaze speaks up with care.

'I don't know we need to wait for the nurse whose checking up on her.' I had a glint of worry.

'I hope she will get better soon. Maybe her friend will let us stick around for a while?' My wolf suggested.

'Yeah I will after all it's partially our fault why she's here.' I agreed.

After some time the nurse came out and we immediately stood up on our chairs.

"How's Ashley? Is she okay? Why did she collapse? Is she sick?" Kaylin bombarded her.

"She is fine now it was due to over fatigue that's why she fainted. Don't worry her wolf will help her recover." The nurse updates us.

"This wouldn't happen if she's not working her ass off too much." Thomas knitted his eyebrows.

"Is it okay to see her now?" Kaylin requested.

"Yes and if she wakes up kindly tell her to get enough rest and eat healthy." The nurse left.

Aside from being a top student and an orphan she's also working. It must have been real hard on her and then I add up on her list by bullying her. Damn! I really feel guilty and need to work my apologies but how?

'Now the real nice Nathan is back! You do know I can hear your thoughts.' He mocked me.

'State the obvious so do you have anything in mind that can help us out?' I considered his opinion.

'Her friend or Thomas surely know about her workplace that way we have time to talk to her without Roberts around.' He proposed.

'I doubt Kaylin will tell you but try her if it doesn't work go to your last option.' Blaze is truly a saviour.

"Nathan, thanks for taking Ashley here but it doesn't mean I'm letting you off for hitting my brother." Kaylin confronted me.

"In my defence he provoked me. As an Alpha or soon to be we didn't like it when somebody does that to us." I rationalized my action.

"I understand anyway you can go to your class now I will just stay here in case she wakes up." She gave me a light but genuine smile.

"I want to personally apologize to her. Can I stay few more minutes?" I touched my neck.

"Just because you played hero carrying Ashley doesn't mean she will forgive you easily." Kalvin butted in again.

"Kalvin! For God sake! Ashley is still unconscious and you still acting like an idiot! Go to your class or I'll tell Dad about this. I'm still older than you by two minutes." Kaylin placed a hand on her hip.

"Fine! Let me know if she wakes up." Kalvin gave in.

He eyed me one last time before leaving while I'm doing a happy dance. It's now 2-0 bucko! Ha ha ha! My seventh heaven became sour when Kaylin called my name.

"Nathan, I appreciate your help and apologies but I think it's only fair that you go as well. Tom please take him with you." She switched her eyes to him.

"As long as I get to date you tonight." Thomas bargained.

"Fine! Pick me up at 7ish. I'll text you my address." She blushed a little.

"It's settled then. Come on man! I need to plan my date." He dragged me away.

On the way to the car he was incoherently humming some tune. He was even smiling like a loon and didn't even bother talking to me.

'Since when did you like the alias Tom?' I reached his mind.

'I didn't but it made Kaylin say YES to our date.' He finally stopped his lunatic behaviour.

Speaking of date maybe it's better my Uncle go out with her. It could mean that I will know Ashley more or spend time with her often. Thomas got occupied with planning in his head until we reached the pack house. He literally jumps out of the car and run inside.

I reeved the engine again and sped off to school but this time I didn't went to Ashley. I stayed outside the parking area and waited for the girls to come out from the infirmary. I have this urge to protect her and make sure she is safe.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine