Chapter 15 - The Pack House

NATHAN POV

The scene from our almost kiss still replaying on my mind. After my conversations with Ashley at the library I didn't saw her again. Thomas tipped me Ashley went home early because she doesn't feel good. Now it's Friday and she didn't showed up too.

'I think you are starting to like her.' Blaze gave his observation.

'You are correct but we both know we can't pursue her.' I admitted.

After class I went home at five in the afternoon and had a power nap. For the rest of the night my thought was with Ashley until I doze off and up set my alarm for my weekend training. I put up my training gear and started running. After two hours I was back and saw Uncle getting near me.

"Hey man! Done with your warm up?" Thomas and I do our bro hug.

"Hey! Yeah you know how Dad is he will kill me if I slack the weekend training." I wiped my sweat.

"Yeah the whole pack heard him threatened Danica and handling the Alpha position to me." He starts his stretching.

"I know it was very foolish thing to do just because of that bitch I was ready to break the Pack law and mark her! Good thing she showed her true colour and is now out of the picture.' I wiped my sweats.

"Frankly eversince you start dating her you're not usually yourself." Thomas continues his routines.

'I was right didn't I?' Blaze butted in.

'I never doubted your words Blaze.' I knew my wolf is smiling.

"Have you spoken to them about the incident?" Thomas doing his push ups.

"I haven't since he is busy with pack meetings. He is still pissed from what happened so I have to be on his good side before I talk to him." I get down on the ground.

"Aren't you threatened with the position?" Thomas doing push ups.

"I wasn't because if there is anyone aside from me who deserves the title it will be you. How are you and Kaylin anyway?" I copied his actions.

"Fantastic! She is the best mate I could ever ask." He stopped for a minute.

"Glad to hear that I just hope I'll meet my mate on my birthday and she won't reject me." I carry on with my reps.

"It's eight days to go so you better be prepare for that day." He stood up.

"I will man anyway let's finish this so we can train the rest." I followed him afterwards.

After another hour the pack starts arriving on the ground. The men ages 13-21 are the right age to train while women helped with the errands. Most of the time women who are mated are trained by their own mate because of the possessive nature of the male species.

"Since you're all here let's begin! Men ages 13-17 will be with Thomas to train your endurance while the rest of you will be under my supervision and to determine your skills in fighting." I started my responsibility as their next Alpha.

"Men at my side start running on 10 laps then 200 push-ups, 200 sit ups and 300 jumping rope." Thomas piled them up.

"The others you can now go to the battle ground and fight on human forms. I expect it to be done with no complains is that clear?" I ordered and they all comply.

Soon there are a lot of groaning and whimpering both on our teams and they are sweating to the fullest. As the Alpha in line, I have to set a good example like my father does. Show them how responsible I am and prove I am capable to do everything. After the exhausting hours Dad came to the field.

"Attention! As you all know I will be retiring soon as your Alpha so considered that day as my retirement." He announced.

"Alpha, how about his mate is she coming?" One of the pack members raised his hand.

"Nathan hasn't found his mate yet so I would like invite you on my son 18th birthday. That would be all and you can proceed with your dinner." Dad commanded in his Alpha tone.

Everyone was out of sight in no time leaving me, Thomas and Dad to talk for a little more.

"Dad, what do you mean you're retiring on my birthday? I thought you want me to find my mate first before you step down?" I furrowed my brows.

"I changed my mind your Mom and I talked about this. You will be Alpha by next week so act like one also Beta Steve will be stepping down and his son Kalvin will be take over. Thomas, you will be the Delta I believe you're fit in that position. You can handle the trainings and battle strategies against rogues and hunters well." Dad appointed us.

"Thank you Alpha. I will gladly take that than be the Alpha that I am not fit in to be." Thomas bowed his head as a sign of acceptance and respect.

"I'll be going to my office now." Dad left us.

"Alpha Nathan." My Uncle grins.

"That title has a lot of responsibility that takes up most of my time. If only my mate is here she could help me out running the pack." I thought about my future.

"I'm sure she will be a great Luna. We better head to the dining area before Aunt Sophia twists our ears." Thomas joked.

We chuckled while walking inside the house where the rest of the pack is enjoying their meals.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine