Chapter 22 - The True Identity

ASHLEY POV

I'm now standing outside of my first home the Lanshaw Children's Home. I can't help but reminisce all the good memories I had here with Kaylin and Kalvin.

Speaking of Kalvin I haven't seen him since he picked me up from work. I hate to say it but I miss my best friends. I rarely talked to Kaylin these days since she's always with Thomas while I do trainings. But I'm also thankful she won't be able to notice I'm gone and turning pale.

"Ashley, my child! It's such a long time. How have you been? I missed you! Wait! Why are you so pale?" Mother Ester begins blabbing.

"I'm just having headaches these days but no worries. I missed you too Mom and the kids." I insist while hugging her tight.

"Hush now my child I am here now." She soothes me.

"I couldn't help it Mom." I sniffed.

"I know you are such an emotional child sometimes. I also knew there are only two reasons why you're here. First, you have a problem that's been bothering you and second you just really missed me." She predicted correctly.

"Mom, both are true so I came here for that." I confirmed.

"Let's get you inside and talk okay? I'll make your favourite hot choco with marshmallows on top." She closed the front door.

We head to the garden which was my favourite spot to play when I was a child. Mother Ester left and made the drinks and soon she was carrying a tray with two hot mugs on it.

"Mother, I wanna know how is rejecting your mate is done." I started to talk.

She lost her balance and the tray almost drops to the ground together with the hot drinks. I used my water element and manipulated the liquid. I knew she saw everything but she remained calm and didn't show any fear or shocks.

"Why did you brought up such question Ashley?" She acted as if it's normal.

"I want to protect myself from getting hurt Mom. I can't bear if my mate rejects me because of being an orphan." I sincerely confessed.

"Oh my child I didn't know you've been having that fear." Mother Ester sat beside me.

"All my life I've been waiting for my parents to come and take me but I realized they never wanted me. I feel so helpless and alone Mom so tell me how a mate can love someone like me if my own parents don't." I keep shedding tears.

"Ashley I want you to know that your parents love you since the day you we're born. They didn't abandon you but they have no choice during that time. Just listen to me carefully and I will help you understand." She wiped my tears." She wiped my tears.

"I will try what do I have to lose anyway?" I sniffed a little.

"You are the heiress of Cardovy Kingdom and the necklace you're wearing is the symbol you're a Pura Lupus, it's the only proof I know." Mother Ester looked at my neck.

'Do you think the precious child that Danica's father referring is us?' Silver popped in my head.

'A big chance that it's us but let me talk to Mother Ester and we can deal with it later.' I cut our link.

"Why did you say they didn't have a choice back then? What happened to my parents Mom? Do you know where I can find them?" I clutched the necklace.

"I don't know much about them and your identity but I'm sure Damien and Sophia can answer all your questions." She shook her head.

"Why does my existence remains as myth if I am the Pura Lupus? Is there someone after me and wants me dead?" I bombarded her.

"I have no idea only my sister knows everything. I'm sorry my child I couldn't help you anymore." She shook her head.

"Mom you already provided me so much help and I'm thankful for that." I gave her hand a light squeeze.

"Thank you for taking this lightly I was frightened you'll never forgive me and my sister." She stared at me sheepishly.

"Mom I could never feel that you have given me love, care and attention like a parent should. We might not be related by blood but both you and Thomas are my family same with Sophia." I smiled at her.

"About your mate please think about the rejection law before you decide to reject him. Tell me my child have you found him?" Mother Ester creased her forehead.

"I haven't and my wolf doesn't feel any signs." I sighed.

"Pura Lupus are usually destined to their mate with the same birthdays. Once you shifted your wolf will recognized him that's all I know." Mother Ester informed me.

'We have the same birthday as Nathan! What if he is our mate Ash?' My wolf became jumpy.

'Maybe but I don't want to dwell on it Silver it's too much for me to think and handle right now.' I felt overwhelmed.

'I understand Ash but I can feel that he is.' My wolf stays positive.

"Mom, can I run for a bit? I wanna be alone for a while with my wolf." I asked permission.

"Of course my child be careful and masked your scent like we always tell you okay?" She stood up.

"I will Mom see you later." I kissed her forehead.

I walked to the forest and stripped behind the tree. I carried my clothes my clothes using my mouth and started to run until I reach the clearing. That is where I howled and breakdown but still I need to control my emptions while crying for all the pain I've bottled up inside me.

'Aren't you happy that we finally know who we are Ash?' Silver troubled mind.

'I know Silver but I can't anticipate what I really feel. There is sadness, hatred and revenge to the people who wants me dead.' I clouded emotions reacted.

'Ash, I know how you feel and I can't blame you. I'm just here for you if you need me.' My wolf supported me.

'Thanks Silver.' I cut her for a while.

I don't know how long I've been staying on my wolf form while sobbing and thinking at the same time. My silence was broken when a twig snapped behind me.

'Mate!' Silver claimed suddenly.

That's when I saw a red wolf with green eyes that resembles to the one's I know.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine