Chapter 23 - The Orphan's Home

NATHAN POV

I woke up early and did my plan last night to my dismay I didn't find any records of the Pura Lupus heir inside Dad's office. Sunday have no training schedule so I decided to pay a visit at the orphanage. I parked my car and soon I saw Mother Ester coming out from the garden. Actually she is my grandfather's sister so that makes her my grandmother but she preferred to be called Aunt. Her dibs were the age is just a number and she's not that old to be called as Grams.

"Aunt Ester! How are you? I missed you!" I greeted her enthusiastically.

"My favourite grandson! I'm good by Moon Goddess grace how have you been?" She embraced me happily.

"I'm great! It's been so long since I last visited you and the kids." I partly lied while she's scanning my face.

"You're right four years were such a long time. Now you are all grown up I bet you found your mate huh?" She teased and I frowned.

"Not yet but I will do my best to find her on my birthday on Sunday. Mom will throw a party specifically for my mate so you need to be there." I invited her sweetly.

"Of course I will be there. Now, tell me what really brings you here?" She put a hand on her hips.

"You haven't changed still straight to the point. Can we talk in secluded place?" I locked my car.

"Let's head to the den." She guides us in.

As soon as we are seated she served me her tasty hot choco. I waited for her to comfortably sit before I make my purpose.

"So how important this talk that you wanted to discuss?" She placed the mug on the table.

"It's about the kid that was under my parents custody eighteen years ago. I wanna know who is the... Pura Lupus and the child's whereabouts." I slowly utter.

"H--how did you know about this?" She stuttered after a minute of silent.

"Dad and Mom that's why I wanna know who the child is. I have this strong gut inside me that I need to protect the heiress of the King and Queen. It will help me a lot if I know about it please tell me who is it." I begged her.

"I... uhh... don't know who she is." She slipped the word that I never failed to hear.

"The gender you just uttered just made it clearer and most likely you know who the child is." I analysed her body language.

"Didn't your parents tell you who the child is?" She ignored my assumption.

"Just please tell me Aunty for all we know she could be in danger right now." I pleaded almost going crazy.

"I... uhhh... I can't tell you about her. I'm saving her identity for safety it's better that way believe me Nathan." She refused to tell.

"Wait! Does she know about her identity yet?" I stopped her from standing up.

"Yes she knows it already." She nodded.

'Say it's Ashley and let's see her reaction.' My wolf gets interested.

'Good idea. Thanks Blaze!' I mentally smiled.

"It's Ashley isn't it?" I made the wild guess.

From the looks on her face it's confirmed she is the Pura Lupus child.

"N---no she isn't!" She raised her voice a little.

"I gotta go and talk to her!" I kissed her forehead.

My visit was worth it! I left my Grandmother and head to my car. I was to rev the engine when a howled of pain captured my sensitive hearing. As an Alpha my wolf instinct is to help the wolf. As soon as I tied my clothes to my knee I shifted and track for the sound.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine