Chapter 11 - The Work Place

ASHLEY POV

Hector was gone by now and I made sure that I'm breathing normal before I twisted the doorknob.

"Sissy, where were you this morning? Why you didn't come to school today? Wait! You are pale are you---" She bombarded me with questions the moment she gets in.

"Kaylin! Calm down if you keep blabbing like crazy I won't tell you." I cut her off.

"Okay." She went on silent mode.

"First, I went out to run and then dropped by at the pharmacy to get some medicine for pain. When I arrived home I decided to sleep in sorry I didn't hear you called me." I put my best acting piece.

I hated lying but I can't tell her what I've been up to. I have a feeling Silver is down and needed my attention.

'I know you're guilty that we lied to Kaylin about our condition but this is for the best Silver.' I started to cheer her up.

'I'm just hoping she will understand us later on.' My wolf sighed.

'She will Silver. Kaylin has the biggest heart and she loves us.' I replied with faith.

"I think we better go to hospital maybe you hit your head when you passed out." She bought it.

"It's just a minor headache Sissy so don't worry I'm better now the pill will make it go away. What are you doing here anyway?" I diverted the topic.

"Its lunch break so I decided to check up on you. Nathan and our professors were looking for you I said you're still recovering from yesterday." Kaylin babble without a break.

"Thanks Sissy. Anyway we didn't have time to catch up last night. You ditched me for Thomas and let Kalvin picked me up." I pouted.

"I didn't mean too it's just that there's a lot of thing happened. You were also sleeping like a baby when I came home that's why I waited this morning to tell you but you're gone." She plopped on my bed.

"Enough about me... tell me what happened to your date with my brother?" I saw her blushed.

Next thing I recognized is the mark on her neck with initials T.C.

"OH MY GOD! You found your mate! Tell me who is it?!" I squealed.

"Yeah I found him... it's Thomas." She confirmed blushing harder.

"That's great! I'm so happy for you and him!" I hugged her.

"I actually smelled his scent first but I don't wanna assume so I agreed with the date." She blushed on the last word.

"What were Uncle Steve and Kal reaction?" I sat down comfortably.

"Kalvin freaked out at first when he saw my mark then Dad throws a fit when he smelled me. He was okay with the mark but not the mating part." Kaylin narrates.

"It's given because those two are very protective. Give them a little time they will accept it." I put her at ease.

"Anyway, Nathan seems to be really concerned about you and that's new." She informed me.

I don't know why but after hearing his name my wolf becomes lively again.

"Maybe he misses bullying me like his slutty girlfriend." I countered.

"You are not going to believe it but the rumour spreads like a disease that Nathan broke up with her." Kaylin announced.

"Really?" I tied my hair.

"Tom confirmed it and what's more infuriating was the bitch also tried to seduce him." She nodded.

"She is after the Luna position anyway." I scrunched up my nose.

"How did you know about it?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Last night at my work place I saw her talking with someone. They were planning a scheme on Nathan involving being a Luna..." I started filling up the details to her.

"That conniving bitch! Did you able to see the man's face? Is he around here or from the pack?" Her facial expression changed from disbelief to hate.

"I just know he is Danica's father and his ash brown hair. I wasn't able to see the face because I was hiding in my post." I reasoned out.

"We better tell the guys about it." Kaylin almost dragged me.

"It's better to wait until we have evidence about their plan. If we did it now Alpha Damien will have her interrogated and she has the tendency to lie." I thought of the scenario.

"Thomas will believe us because you're his sister and I'm his mate." She insisted.

"I know but we need to know first who is Danica's father and as of now all we got is the hair colour. Think about it a lot of people have the same colour as his it will be a wild goose chase if we hand over the into to them without any concrete description." I speak in logic.

"I think you are Einsten's daughter you are full of wisdom." She giggled.

"Maybe he is my father." I laughed with her.

After our laughing session died down and her lunch break was almost done we both stand up. She has full day at school everyday while I only got three days because of my remarkable grades.

"I better get back to my class. Are you sure you're okay now?" She watched me for a minute.

"Yup! Now come on I need to catch the next bus before. I'll call you when I'm done so you can pick me up." I gathered my bag.

"Sissy please be careful." She locked our flat.

After our short goodbye I ran to the bus stop and waited. Thirty minutes later I'm set to start my normal daily routine in the shop. Thank goodness Ms. Wells helped was there and we managed to finish the orders in time. I went home early since my Boss basically pushed me to the door and demanded me not to come back if I don't get enough rest.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine