Chapter 39 - The Sweetest Note

NATHAN POV

It's been three days since Dad went missing and the training started. Every morning I wake up at 430 in the morning and train with Jade. At first I refused it but at the end I compromised since it will help her fighting skills.

She is still sleeping peacefully in my arms so I tried to move discreetly as possible. Her arms wrapped around me and I couldn't help myself so I kissed her.

"Mmmm... Nate." She began stirring up.

"It's time to get up baby." I stroke her hair.

"Can I pass today?" She wrapped her arms around me.

"Maybe a little convincing will do." I flipped her over.

Our teasing moment turned to intimate morning until she began dozing off again.

"Go back to sleep baby. I will go check the pack and will talk to our Trackers." I kissed her forehead.

"Be safe and love you baby." She closed her eyes again.

After I had my shower I proceed to the kitchen and made breakfast. I decided to bring my mate her meal and made a note.

To my beautiful mate,

You are such a great sight to see in the morning baby. I already prepared your breakfast so eat well. I'm at the training ground if ever you need me but I preferred you staying here because I don't want any unmated wolf to lust over you. I love you so much.

I placed it beside the bed side table and proceed to the training ground. I saw Thomas already beginning their laps so I joined him.

"The man of the night is here." Thomas tapped my shoulder.

"I am what?" I pretended innocent.

"Oh come on! Both of you are going in heat and I bet you knew what I mean." He gave a big grinned.

"Shut it before she kills us for speaking about it." I tried hiding my embarrassment.

"She maybe your mate but I still consider her as sister." He gave this brotherly act.

Damn! Just thinking of her going in heat makes me want her again but I need to refrain myself.

"Let's just focus on running Uncle." I addressed him correctly.

He gave a scowl face since he doesn't want that. He is just like Grams well she is her mother so they act same. A little later I saw Kalvin coming my way with a calming aura.

"Kalvin, do you need anything?" Thomas saw my expression.

"If you are just here to cause trouble forget it Roberts. There's so much to do than have another fight with you." I am keeping Blaze at bay.

"I actually came to apologize for everything and to personally ask your forgiveness for kissing her but---" Kalvin stopped midway because I charged on him.

"HOW DARE YOU KISS MY MATE!!" I punched him again.

"Listen it happened even before she found out you're mates. Ashley knew my feeling for her back then but she only saw me as friend/brother." Kalvin touched his jaw.

"DON'T COME EVER NEAR HER AGAIN!!" I growled and the whole pack went quiet.

"Nathan! Kalvin is not fighting you back so please control your wolf. The mere fact that he is taking all your punches and apologizing is enough for both of you to put this behind. And if there's one person who will truly be happy about this reconciliation it's Ashley." Thomas helped him up.

"You have my word that I'm way passed that stage Alpha. We already settled it and she's willing to forget it and stay friends." Kalvin is still panting.

"Fine I will take your apology for Jade's sake and happiness." I calmed my nerves.

"Thank you Alpha." Kalvin acknowledged my title again.

"Good now it's settled let's continue the five laps. Come on boys!" Thomas mocked us.

Few minutes later the rest of the pack started to gather around the field and proceed with their warm ups. Thomas and Kalvin do their routines while I supervise them. Soon Uncle Steve arrived with and one of our trackers. We proceed to the library where Mom and my mate's mom are waiting.

"Did you find any tracks of him?" Mom beats me to questioning.

"Luna, we found out that Alpha was at Roundhay School and met up with the Principal." He reported.

"Who is the Principal?" Mom raised her eyebrow.

"It's Mr. Langston." I gave out.

I saw Mom and Vanessa stiffed for a moment after hearing the name.

"Vans, isn't it Pamela's last name?" Mom turned to her friend.

"Yes." My mate's mom confirmed.

"Who is Pamela and how is Mr. Langston connected with her?" I interrupted them.

"Pamela was Garret's mate who helped us before. She died for saving me after her mate tried to kill me when he escaped." Vanessa filled us in.

"We don't know much about her personal life son so whoever is this man I'm sure he is related to her." Mom gave her point of view.

"Uncle, do we have his file in our pack records?" I go over to Steve.

"No, he is independent and doesn't belong to any pack." Beta Steve shook his head.

"I want you to investigate on him more and Danica. I have a feeling they are behind this." I ordered the tracker.

After the meeting I made my way to my room and spend the rest of the days with my mate. This is the last day of her heat eversince we mated. We ended up making love for the rest of the day and night.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine