Chapter 18 - The Shop's Customer

ASHLEY POV

Fifteen minutes later I'm already at work Ms. Wells won't come around so I'm in charge for the day. I started packing the cupcakes in the boxes when the delivery van came. I supervised them while lifting it and the wedding cake.

"Ms. Campbell we have set everything is there anything else we need to deliver aside from this?" One of the delivery men peeped in the kitchen.

"No that will be all thanks so much. Please do inform me soon as you reach the venue if there's any problem." I advised him.

"Duly noted." He proceeds to the door.

I saw their van left with the rest of the screw that will cater the pastries. After some minutes the bell chimes indicating there is a customer.

"Good afternoon! Welcome! How may I help you... Luna Sophia?" I finally recognized her.

I felt so embarrassed that I didn't detect her scent at all. My eyes are on the ground and I was too nervous.

"Hi! Ashley. It's nice to see you working here and please stop the bows." She lifted my chin.

"I'm sorry Luna I didn't mean to disrespect you. Please don't punish me. I'll do anything you say." I started to shake.

"Dear, you didn't have to apologize and no punishment will be made. Do you still remember my advised?" She holds my hand.

She used to say that in whenever we are entering the human world we need to cover our scent to protect ourselves and especially our pack.

"I remember sorry Luna I seem to forget things lately." I sheepishly replied.

"Have you also forgotten to call me Sophia like you always do?" She gave a playful smile.

"I... uhmm... I don't Lu--I meant Sophia I'm sorry again for making another mistake." I just wanna hit myself for the second time.

"How many times do you have to apologize Ashley? You do know that I really don't mind it." She is really a nice person.

"Thank you. Is there anything I can help you with? I guide her to the reservation area.

"I would actually like to order a cake for Nathan's 18th birthday next week. I know this is the best pastry shop in town so I came." She walks with me.

"Then you've come to the right place Sophia. Here are some of our best cake designs and best seller flavours that I can offer." I showed her the portfolio.

After scanning she speaks up while I offered her tea that she accepted.

"I think this black forest will suit well for him but is it possible to change the size of this cake? Since there are going to be around 200-300 people who might come." She inquired.

"Sophia, I have to be honest it is quite a lot but maybe if you allow me to have some suggestions I would gladly tell you." I was a bit shaken up.

My idea was idea make 200 cupcakes with same taste and design for the guest then there will be 12" rounds cake with 6 layers for the pack.

"That is more convenient to cut and eat though. I was actually imagining how hard it is to make 20 layers of cake. Thank you so much for your help my dear." She laughed.

"I know the cake might end up messy and ugly." I joined her laughter.

"Ashley I know it's also your birthday next week but I want you to be there on my son's birthday can you please come?" Sophia became serious again.

"I can never say no to you Sophia." I nod.

"If you ever need me I'm just at the pack house. Remember I'm always here for you including your Damien." Sophia hugged me.

I can't help but cry like a child on her shoulder. She soothes me like mother does to her child.

"Thank you for taking good care of me unlike my parents who abandoned me." I hugged her.

"Ashley your parents may have good reasons why they did it so please don't hate them. I might not be your biological Mom but you know I considered you as my daughter. Don't forget that okay?" She wiped away my tears.

"Thanks so much I also consider you as my mother aside from Mother Ester." I sniffed a little.

"You are most welcome dear." She placed her hand on my cheek.

Since the orders are done and the cakes arrived at the venue without any trouble I had some time to spend with Sophia. I left her for a moment so she can decide what design she wanted for the cake. In time I got a message that Kaylin needed her car so she dropped by. After half hour Sophia was done finalizing the cake's design.

"I better get going I have an appointment to event specialist." She closes the portfolio.

"Sure Sophia once again thank you for choosing us to cater the cakes." I hugged her.

"Do you want me to give you a ride home later? I saw Kaylin drove off with her car so I was hoping you'll say yes." She offered.

"No it's okay I need to lock up the shop and it will take me 20-30 minutes. I could take the bus and I don't want to be so much of a bother to you and your time." I declined her offer.

"I'll wait you till you're done its just twenty minutes more after all I have missed you and our chitchats. You rarely visit the orphanage or the pack house and I'm starting to feel neglected." She insisted with a sulking tone.

"I got busy at school and work but I'm planning to visit Mother Ester maybe tomorrow." I removed my apron.

"Thomas informed me you were at infirmary because of over fatigue. Have you checked in at the hospital?" She watched me cleaning up the tables.

"It's just a simple faint Sophia and I feel fine now don't worry. Anyway I will be checking all the windows and doors, do you mind waiting for a bit?" I locked up the cash register.

She nodded and I did the rest of the tidying up. Before leaving I made sure to email Ms. Wells about the new orders. After ten minutes or so I locked up the front door and texted Kaylin that Sophia will take me home.

Soon we were in the car and riding in comfortable silence when I felt headache kicking in and dizziness. I decided to close my eyes and fall asleep.

"We're here my dear. Go inside so you can get rest." Sophia shook my shoulder a little.

"Sorry I fall asleep and thank you for the ride and everything." I almost yawned.

"Mention not dear I can see you're really exhausted because you're very pale. Rest well okay?" Sophia kissed my forehead.

After bidding goodbye she left while I watched her car drove away. Soon I'm inside my room and I drink two pills within minutes I retired at bed.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine