Chapter 42 - The Odd Behaviour

NATHAN POV

Our bet trackers investigations brought us to have another important meeting. He reported that Mr. Langston used to go at the field and he will be gone for a day. I ordered a manhunt and suspected him behind my Dad's sudden missing.

I'm also getting restless from the way Ashley is behaving lately. I still sleep with her on same room but that's it. I keep on watching her sleeping figure and thinking what's happening with her. Even on our sleeping arrangement changed she used to sleep on the right side and spooned me and not the other way around. I made up my mind today I'll go to Kaylin since she was the one observing her from their shopping yesterday.

"Nathan, have you seen my daughter?" Vanessa approached me.

"She's in our room." I pointed the direction.

"Thanks for taking care of her Nathan. I know you already proposed to her and I'm not against it. In fact I want her to be the Queen but since we didn't know where Anthony is we will postpone it until then. I also want to congratulate you both for the upcoming wedding and for my future grandchildren." She embraced me.

"Thank you so much Vanessa it means a lot to me especially to Jade." I returned the gesture.

"I prefer Mom." She pats my shoulder.

"Right Mom. Anyway, have you seen Mom I just need to talk to her about mating?" I held my neck.

"Your Mom is still in the shower when I came in. So what about the mating you want to confide with her?" She creased her eyebrows.

"It's just I know after her heat she's back to her normal self but Jade has been acting weird since yesterday. Never mind I'm not making a sense I think." I shrugged off the question.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Vanessa tone changes.

"Do you think she is possessed?" I thought of the possibility.

"To be honest I also felt her odd behaviour when I went to her room yesterday. She was shocked to see me if I didn't know any better she doesn't recognized me." She has the same thoughts.

"Kaylin was observing her since she's her friend for so long. Do you wanna come with me?" I invited her.

"Come on then." She nodded.

Soon we were knocking on Thomas room and invited us in.

"Thomas, is Kaylin awake now? We need to talk to her about my daughter." Vanessa went straight to the point.

"I'm here! Queen Vanessa, Nathan! Thank goodness you are both here I've been meaning to talk with you about Ashley." She get out from the closet.

"Whatever you say is what we will believe in Kaylin. If there's one person knows her it's you so what do you think. Is that really her?" Vanessa begins our purpose.

"I think Ashley is not Ashley I meant someone is pretending to be like her. First, she calls me by my name Kay that only Thomas do and Ashley always addressed me as sissy. Second, she despises olives and tends to puke just by seeing it but now she eats it. Third, she likes wearing flats hoes and her converse than those high heels. Most importantly if she's Ashley she has a birthmark on her shoulder but I didn't have the chance to do it yesterday." Kaylin summarized without a hint of a doubt.

"Kay, do you think Danica's plan with her father is link to that?" Thomas intervenes and like a bright light it popped in my brain.

"Who is Danica please help me out here." Vanessa has confusion written all over her face.