Chapter 13 - The Unexpected Apology

ASHLEY POV

When I woke up today I felt the same but the pain lessen a little. Thanks to Hector for giving me the pill although I had to convince Kaylin that I am fine. We head to school but Kaylin and I separated since she went to find Thomas. I was running late because of the dizziness and glad I made it just before Mr. Wells finished his attendance. Speaking of him I wonder why he wants me at the Faculty Department.

"Mr. Wells, I came here as soon as I'm done." I peeped my head through the door.

"Come in Ashley." He motioned his hand.

"Is Ms. Wells okay and the pastry shop?" I sat in one of the chairs.

Yup! He is the brother of my boss and it was Mr. Wells who recommended me to work on their small family business.

"She's fine but got worried when you didn't come to work yesterday. You know you're like a daughter that she can never have." Mr. Wells gets sad.

"I know Mr. Wells I can't thank her enough for that." I nod.

"You should give her a call anyway she gave you this." He hands me a small tub.

It's a chocolate chip cookies one of Ms. Wells famous pastry. She knows it is my favourite snack.

"Thank you so much for bringing this." I waved the tub.

"You're welcome and I hope you feel better. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me." He smiled.

After some more talking I bid my goodbye and walked directly at the library. On the way I was munching the cookies then I placed my stuff on the table. I spotted a book that can help us for the thesis and then I went back to my seat. In the middle of reading I felt a presence beside me.

"Can I... uhh... sit with you?" Nathan holds his neck.

"Sure." I glanced at him.

His eyes were like chocolates that can melt me so I just moved my things on the table so he can use the space. From the corner of my eye I could see him staring at me it made me conscious so I cleared my throat.

"Do you need to say something?" I speak up.

"I... uhmm... I know... uhmm... I already apologize but I just want to do it again." Nathan stuttered his few words.

"Are you for real?" I stopped reading.

"I'm definitely serious Ashley. I was just stupid, jerk and asshole for following Danica in every pranks and bullying." He turned his chair sideways.

"I will be honest Nathan it's not that I don't believe you but based from the past you always pranked me." I recalled the days.

"I know but this time I really meant it. I'm really sorry for all those things. Please forgive me." Nathan hands brushed to mine.

"I just have one question. Why did you join Danica in everything she does to me?" I can feel the warmth of his hands in mine.

"When Danica and I started dating I got used to the idea that she is my mate but in reality I haven't found her. Let's just say I was played by her and I hated myself for that." Nathan confessed.

Suddenly I felt a pang of jealousy over Danica and his confession about his mate. On the contrary I'm happy knowing he hasn't found her yet.

"You are an Alpha didn't your wolf help you with the signs about your mate? I'm sure there's big a difference between normal wolfs than a Trueblood." I raised my eyebrow.

"Actually it's harder for our wolf to determine because it's in our mate's wolf hand to tell us. The easiest way for Trueblood like me to recognize my mate is if my wolf confirms it the moment I met her. For normal werewolves they can smell, feel the sparks by touching and looking into their eyes." Nathan elaborates.

"Does Alpha have time frames in finding their mate?" I respond consciously.

"Not really but some Alphas happens to meet their mate before they reach the age of maturity and that is 18." I informed her.

"Now I understand I'm sorry for prying. Thanks for sharing it with me." I smiled.

"Don't mention it." He smiled back.

"Anyway since you're here maybe you can help me on our research?" I changed the topic.

"Does it mean you've forgiven me?" He teased with a wink.

'Will you stop howling Silver?' I reprimand my wolf.

'I will as long as you forgive him.' Silver gave her condition.

"Fine!" I went along.

The Librarian rings the warning bell I didn't realize I shouted.

"Do you really forgive me Ashley? Or you we're just talking to your wolf." Nathan face shows confusion.

"I'm sorry I was just talking to my nosy wolf. With regards to your forgiveness yes I'll accept it but it doesn't mean I trust you just yet. You need to gain it I hope you understand." I voiced out.

"I understand Ashley it's more than enough you accepted my apology. I'm okay with whatever you can offer and maybe we can be friends later on." Nathan extended his hand.

To my amazement I accept it and don't even want him to pull away. We are now face to face that our noses almost touch. I don't know why but I found him attractive.

'You're starting to like the Alpha.' My wolf teased me.

'Silver I can't do that and even if there's a chance of me falling for him it's useless soon he will find his mate.' I blocked her.

I'm thanking the one who invented the bell that made us zapped.

"I... uhmm... better head to my class." I retracted myself.

"Yeah I... uhmm... I'll just see you later." He wrapped up his things.

After our conversation I made up my mind to avoid Nathan because if I don't I might fall for an Alpha who is not meant for me.

'That almost kiss is really something.' My wolf invaded my thoughts again.

'That's why we need to stay away from him.' I rebutted.

'What if he tells you he likes you Ash?' She fired back.

'I can't allow myself to fall for him or for anybody Silver you know that. I'm just saving us from getting hurt at the end Nathan will abandon us just like what my parents did.' I concluded.

We didn't speak much after that and she hibernates to her own world while I busied myself on my class.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine