Chapter 30 - The Library's Tunnel

ASHLEY POV

At last we stopped at the end of the tunnel and entered a small is passage that leads to library. I got fascinated with all the books left untouched unlike the whole castle.

"It's amazing Hector!" I ran my fingers to the bookshelves.

"This is the only place that was preserved before Cardovy Kingdom your real home was destroyed from the battle." Hector walked to the other corner.

"Is there any survivors left aside from me and you? How about my parents Guardians?" I explore the library eagerly.

"Only female heirs have their Guardian your Highness. I know you are still confused that's why I want you to have this book. This will help and guide you as you go day by day." He showed me a book.

"Book of Great Powers." I read the book.

"This book belongs from our great ancestors to the future generation. It is same with the necklace you have it was passed down to every heir of Pura Lupus and you are the last. Let me have your necklace for a while." He waited as I unclasped it.

He placed it on the top of the book and I noticed the symbol is same with my necklace. There is also a small subtitle that was written in an odd language that I managed to understand.

"Property of Pura Lupus." I traced my fingers on it.

"The book is protected for safety purposes and only the heir's blood that can access it. Place the necklace on the holes then pour a few drops of your blood on it." Hector hands me a needle.

I pricked my hand while blood goes in motion the book started to move. As soon as it was unlock a bright light comes out and the page begun to turn. I familiarized myself to the pictures from our great ancestors to recent generations.

"This is me." I claimed in hush tone.

I was shocked and utterly speechless with what I saw. The picture is with two people holding me with pure love. At the bottom of the page there is an initial VJI.

"They are my parents... she is... my mother." I claimed in total awe.

I lost my balance and Nathan was fast in supporting me. Hector pulled a chair and they sat me on it while tears forming in my eyes.

"Yes they are the initials of your real name is the same with your mother. Her name is Queen Vanessa Jasmine while your father is King Anthony Charles and that makes you a Princess of Cardovy. I am sure that Alpha Damien and Luna Sophia already informed you this." Hector confirmed.

"Hector I wanna know if it will help us defeat Garret?" Nathan focused on the book.

"That I can't tell the book will only help you learn and discover all the powers of each Pura Lupus and so as the Guardians. Since Queen Vanessa and King Anthony were the last in line before she was born only their abilities were written down." Hector observed me.

As I read the pages I found out my mother Queen Vanessa is wind and earth bender while King Anthony, my father carries the fire and water.

"Princess, being the only child of Pura Lupus with two powers joined this made you powerful or should I say one of a kind because of your blood." Hector officially declared.

All of us for a moment when I saw a folded piece of paper with my name scribbled on it.

To our precious daughter Valerie,

By now your guardian Hector already introduced himself to you and I'm hoping you found your mate too. I wish I was there guiding you while you're starting to discover your wolf abilities and powers. To watch you every single day, cherish your every smile and give you all the love you deserved. We want you to know we are very proud of you and we love you so much. We're very sorry to leave you in the world where you will be alone and helpless but we only did it to protect you. Before and after the battle with Garret, only I and your father along with few of our people survived including our close friends. Garret was spelled but after three days you were born he got escaped and thanks to my dear friend Pamela who informed us.

We were prepared for his comeback now so I and your father decided to take you to Alpha Damien and Luna Sophia of Blue Crest Moon, our trusted friends to keep you safe while we face another battle with Garret. I requested Sophia to keep your middle name and gave you my necklace to protect you. Don't be upset for they keep the truth from you I ordered them especially my Guardian Michael.

As you are now gaining your elemental powers the witches and other supernatural creatures will be after you especially Garret Crawford I'm sure this part is already resolved. Pamela told me the only way to defeat my half-brother is with your blood bending skills. Place him in the middle of our triquetra symbol and command his blood to leave his body. Once it happens the powers will be freed with his blood filling each line. Please be careful my child Garret is out there hunting you to take your powers and kill you. If we ever meet again we promise never to leave your side.

As for your mate, please take care of our daughter for we were not able to do it. Love her with all your heart like we do. No matter what happens please promise us to keep her safe. I wish you all the best of life with my daughter.

With all our love,

Your Mom and Dad.

After reading the letter tears are streaming down my face continuously. In my 18 years all I did was blamed them for abandoning me because I thought they never love me. I was wrong because now I know they did it to protect me. My longing to hug them is what I wanted to do right now. I will do anything to find Garret and make him pay for all the pain that he caused to me and my family.

"Hector let's start training my blood bending as hard as it will be." I wiped my tears.

"Yes Princess." Hector bowed.

I stood up and both of them followed by now all I want is to revenge. Just by thinking how our people suffered from the war makes my blood boil and it only made worse if I add my parents.

"Baby, your eyes and your body is almost flaming." Nathan is now standing beside me.

"Nathan is right Princess you need to relax remember it will absorb more of your enegy." Hector gave a double meaning.

"I will be alright don't worry Nathan is here to heal me rapidly." I vouched to both of them.

"What do you mean I will heal you Jade? What is it you are not telling me?" Nathan used my name in questioning tone.

"During her trainings her energy is transferred to her powers that cause her to get weaker. With this last bending power she will be using her blood so it is a do or die process." Hector revealed and Nathan was shocked.

"WHAT?! NO! SHE WONT DO THIS! I CAN'T LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO HER! WHAT IF I CAN'T HEAL HER?!" Nathan opposed while his eyes are turning black.

"Nathan, I need to do this if I don't all of us will die without a fight. We can defeat Garret and end whatever evil plan he had created against me, our people, your pack and especially my parents if I master this." I made up my mind.

"Baby, call me selfish but I'm not letting you do this. Listen to me Jade, please baby." Nathan begged me.

"I'm sorry Nate but I can't let that happen you need to understand me please baby. Besides I believe you can heal me so please let me do this." I know he was battling with his mind.

"Fine but promise me if you feel weak or anything you will stop this." Nathan cut a deal.

"I will thank you Nate." I kissed and hugged him.

"I'm ready when you are Princess." Hector gave me signal.

This time I have the full determination to do my tasks with no complains. I will do this for everyone especially for my parents.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine