21||Liam||

.Think of the good memories and kill the bad.

"How was your day baby?" Mommy questioned me as she stares up at me while I try to put my hair in a high ponytail. "Good mommy!" I hollered from across the room as her gaze was still fixed on me. It was like trying to study me but with the right angle. 

"Baby? Have you heard of the news?" She asked me and that's when I froze. My eyes spontaneously became watery and my arms limb. I could only think of the worst possible outcome for my mommy. I looked at her nonchalantly, ignoring the pain in my chest. "Yes, papa's death is on the news," I said looking away. 

She purred removing her gaze. "It's good. They should know what kind of a father is. He deserved it." She said emotionless. I felt pain just hearing her voice, cold. It didn't have that motherly love anymore. Just like a rock thrown to my chest. My lips shivered in sadness as I recall that I don't have a papa anymore and that I even knew the murderer of my papa. I forgave them. That was the best thing. God said we should forgive and I did. I didn't do the wrong thing, did I?

"I'm going to the bakery. Wanna come?" She asked as she whirled her bag over her shoulder. I shook my head, not feeling like it. "Okay, take care. I made pasta for you. Love you and lock the door. I may come home late today." She said before leaving me in my stupor. 

I plopped on the sofa looking straight at the blank Tv screen. The world was against me and everything hated me. I looked around the house, the old memories ringing in. The old frame of my papa and me when we went to get my first bicycle wasn't there anymore. Nothing of him here but  I could still feel him. His presence watching me and looking out for me. I could still feel him. In my heart. 

Knock Knock!!

I snapped my head to the opened door, that was being tapped out. A figure stood there still banging the door causing me to flinch. A small whisper was heard followed by a chuckle. Oh, blueberry! I forgot to lock the door!

"Oh come out baby." The hair on my body stood solid and straight as the cold, gruff voice spoke. I hadn't realized that I was the only one at home. The tall figure still stood there, chuckling and whispering something I couldn't hear. My heart was tapping fast, my palms moist. I couldn't see him but I knew he was male. It had to be a male. The knocking stopped followed by the whispering and chuckling and slowly by slowly, the male made a step, coming forward and nearer. 

I wanted to scream for help but I couldn't find my voice. I was deadened with shock. I was still, froze, halted. My eyes were wide opened observing the figure as he walked. His footstep reverberating in my ear and around the room. I just stood and see. His voice spoke again. "I'm here baby sis."

---

"Thank you." He said as I passed him the bowl of pasta. He looked tired but I couldn't still help and blush at him whenever he made a comment. 

Here. Stood. My. Big. Brother. 

I watched him ate the small pasta that was prepared for me. I shared it with him because he looked hungry and tired. I sat down opposite of him. I couldn't still believe it. I was still scared though. He said he was my big brother and I believed him. I was a fool! I believed a stranger who claimed to be my brother! Why? Momma never told me I had a big brother. 

Maybe it was because of the way he talked to me and the way he looked at me and smiled. I felt a warm brotherly feeling from him. Like I knew him. Although, the creepy feeling still remained. The way he always stared at me and talk to me. He was my brother, he said. And I believed him.