13||Spilled||

She panted apprehending what she just did. How could she be so foolish? She thought. She immediately apologized and ran inside without looking back.

Why did she do that? Why did she kiss Adrian?

She gasped panting for breath at what she did. 

"What's wrong?" Her papa's voice called out from the other side. She swiftly adjusted herself to block any misgivings. 

"Nothing. I just came back from study and I'm tired." She said scorning her's father face. He knew something was fishy but didn't press further. He allowed it to pass. 

"You need a shower." He murmured before turning around and leaving the astonished girl. She agreed walking upstairs and into her room.

--

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. I had to go grocery shopping with my dad." Chloe said from the other side of the phone. The two girls laid on the bed while gisting and chit-chatting about their day.

"Oh, it's okay. Jada was still able to make it. No much pressure." Ariana said as she tended off about what happened earlier. Her heart was still knocking in her chest just thinking about what she did. She couldn't bring herself to even think about what Adrian was going to think of her. Even though it didn't matter, it matters a lot to her as a girl. She didn't want him to think badly about her.

"I pecked Adrian's cheek." She blurted out. It was too late as she clasped her hands towards her mouth in shock. Her friend's face plumped up. 

"YOU WHAT!!" She almost screamed. Ariana looked down in tears. She was getting the same reaction from her friend too. It was the same reaction she would have gotten from anyone else. It was bad enough to think that everyone thought that the small naive girl wasn't capable of doing such. Tears swelled her eyes as a small hiccup came out from her mouth. Her friend's eyes gently softened at the girl. She knew the girl was too sensitive to anything, especially a bad reaction. 

"It was a mistake," Ariana said or at least she thought it was. "I just did it." She said again trying to convince the both of them. Mostly herself.

"And what was his reaction?"

"I didn't wait for him to respond. I just barged into the house without looking backwards." She told fiddling with the end of her bracelet.

Chloe sighed. "I have to go now, Ari. I'll see you tomorrow in school and don't forget to turn off your light when you sleep." And with that, the video call ended. 

Ari turned and twirled until she landed on her butt on her soft carpet. She let out a soft groan as she sat back on her bed. She was now hungry.

"Honey, come down for dinner!" Her mom alerted. She smiled and dropped her phone to charge jogging down the stairs for dinner. 

"How was your day, dear?" Her mom asked setting the plates down on the table. She hummed rather lazily. 

"Good. I'm a little tired but I was able to complete the project with the help of Lin." She said seating on one of her chairs. A small frown made its way to her lips.

"Where is papa?" She asked looking at her mom. Just like both of them, they both had a frown on their faces. 

"He's out for work. He has to stay out for a bit. I'm sure he'll be coming home soon." Her mother said avoiding eye contact with her daughter. 

This is how it's always been for the past few days with her dad. Going out late at night with the same excuse of staying late at work. The smell of alcohol hasn't been ignored by his wife too and the stain of lipstick on his shirt when it's time she does the laundry. The big, sad part of it was also the hickey on his neck at times. 

"Oh, why is papa always going out late at night? Doesn't he want to eat with us?" Ari asked her poor mother who secretly just wiped her tears before her daughter could see her. She didn't want her daughter to know all that was happening. 

"His position got shifted at work. That means, he has to stay more at work so that he could get his full pay. I'm sure he ate something before going. Come on, eat your food." She said wanting to end the hurtful talk of her husband. 

-~-

"Goodnight momma. Please tell papa I said goodnight when he comes back from work." I said giving my momma a small peck and going to my room. I brushed my hair and tied it in a ponytail going into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. 

Today's been a long stress

--

Hey guys! 

Happy Monday! How was your day?

So...Last week was Christmas and I'm super excited to start this week. It's been a long day/weekend but I was able to get through it. 

Also, I just wanted to REMIND you that 'Dancing with the devil' will be soon be published on GOODNOVEL. I can't believe it but I'm soon going to start sharing the link from 2021 Feburary. I think this story is going to last until Febraror so but I'm not sure. But I may just surprise you with a Valentine special....Who knows?

Anyways, I wanted to give you a sneak peak in what has been happening in Ariana's family's life. 

Question of the day

Do you have any idea of what Ari's father is doing out late at night?