43||Twist||

"Adrian!" She screamed out to his name when she woke up from the terrible nightmare she encountered. She had barely slept for 3 hours and here she was, having nightmares about Adrian. She wiped her forehead with her palms before huffing out a sigh. 

She looked around her. She was back home, Her home. Her parent's home and not Adrian's anymore. She looked astonished. She trailed back to the nightmare she experienced only to find out she couldn't remember. Her eyes swept around her room looking for a jar of water to quench her dry thirst. 

Dropping down the glass, a drop of tears fell down her cheeks. She didn't even know how she started crying until she heard herself hiccuped. Her chest began to heave and ache. She hated what she felt. She was pathetic even to herself. She was just an immature girl who considered herself as part of Adrian's life even though she wasn't. 

She had fallen deeply for him and it still shocked her until now. Her emotions were not in check after admitting to herself this. 

"Ariana?" A muffled voice came from behind the pastel pink door of her room. It sounded like her brother's voice soaked in worry. She must have screamed Adrian's name too loud.

"You okay there, sis?" Asked Liam when he heard shuffling noises and chairs. She walked to the door and pushed it open after unlocking the door. 

Her hair was a big mess and a small drool leaked down her lips. She wasn't ashamed of her how she looked now because it was her brother and not anyone else's. Liam gently knelt in front of her and cupped her cheeks.

"I heard your scream." He told looking behind her to see if someone was there. Perhaps, Adrian. He rushed out of bed when he heard his name from his little sister's lips. 

"Nightmares." She muttered sniffing. Liam bent his brows in worriedness when he felt tears on his hands. Due to the dimmed light of her room, he couldn't see her face clearly enough.

"Are you crying, princess?" He asked her leaning in to peck her cheeks. He carried her into his arms and dropped her on her bed. Ariana didn't answer. She only fiddled with the hem of her dress playfully before nodding. 

"Why?" He asked wiping her stained cheeks. He didn't know she was crying until he felt the hot liquid on his palms. It wasn't heavy but it was warm. 

"I don't know. I just started crying." She said. She was not telling the truth neither was she telling a lie. She didn't know exactly why she was crying when she woke up. Maybe it was because of the nightmare she had or the aching feeling she was having. 

"I'm here, okay? Tell me what's bothering you. You're missing Adrian and everyone else already?" He questioned doubtfully. She shook her head with a sigh and looked at her brother. 

"It's nothing, I promise." She replied smoothening the crease of her nightdress. She laid down on her bed before closing her eyes and drifting to sleep. 

Unknown to her, Liam had doubts.

~

The sweet sound of the birds chirping and the sound of the water island. Ariana was able to wake up to a sound mind but not a peaceful heart. Her mother was coming today and she couldn't be happier. She hopped out of her bouncy bed and quickly went into the bathroom. She tied her long hair into a ponytail and began brushing her teeth.

~

"Oh my gosh! Look at my baby! All grown up just like a brother now." Her mother exclaimed holding her cheeks in awe. Ariana rolled her eyes and hugged her mother before pulling back. Her mother was really bad at telling a difference or maybe telling a joke. To her Ariana, she hadn't grown an inch since she left. However, she had grown fatter than before. It wasn't in a bad way but it really added more to her thickness.

"Did you miss me? Cause I swear, I cried last night because I miss my 2 babies. Look at you all. You grow up so fast." Their mother continued. Liam coughed dropping his hoodie on his head before turning to his mother and sister. 

"Mom? You alright?" Asked Liam furrowing his eyes at his mother who laughed. 

"Yes, I am. Of course, after seeing my bab-"

"Please stop calling us that," Ariana muttered looking away from her mother. She used to love when her mother called her that years back then but that changed. Everything had changed in just 5 years.

Her mother pouted, feeling offended. She didn't have to feel that way. She knew the day was going to come when Ariana was going to reject her sweet pet names for her. 

"Okay, then. Liam, please bring my bags into my bedrooms. I need a quick shower." And then she exited the kitchen. Liam groaned before leaving outside in getting his mother's bags. 

"I need to shop." Ariana took note to herself as she scanned the almost-empty shelves. She wasn't allowed to buy groceries since she was 14 because well- she didn't buy what the house needed but what she needed. It's been like that for several months now. 

"Could you help me please?" With a small grunt, Ariana helped her brother with the bags she was begged to help with. Liam was wasting her time and her patience was running quick. She had to go to the library and do some research. Yet, she hadn't been to school for days, she had a lot of uncompleted work to do. 

"Bye, butthole!"She called out to Liam who smirks and replied with an 'it smells better too'

Walking down the small pathway, Ariana turned around to look behind her as she couldn't get it off her chest that someone was watching her. It looked that way too. She continued on her way trying to get off the bad feeling of being watched but indeed she wasn't.

The small ding of the bell alerted everyone that someone had come into the library breaking the cool silence of the room. She hadn't been to this library before as it was a new one. It wasn't that fancy but was quiet with good lighting and facilities. It also smelled like lemon and coke. 

My new obsession

She smiled at her thought before pushing herself in. The silence was quickly broken by the sound of gum being chewed from behind her. It sounded very loud earning attention to someone behind her. She turned around and her eyes widened ever so lightly. 

Jada. 

"Hey, girly." The squeaky voice spoke with an evil chuckle. Ariana gulped softly tucking a baby hair behind her earlobe. 

"How rude. You can't even talk to me just like we use to anymore. Tsk." Jada tsked with her tongue scanning the room.

"What you all looking at?" She barked and the people who stared went back to doing what they were doing before. Doubts and thoughts flooded her mind as Jada being the one watching her on her way here.

Pop!

The gum sounded very loudly followed by a small laugh. "Where's your man?"