|86| ~ Family Reunions ~

The Lovely Beyonce, Bigger in the media. Not only did the song assist with chapter inspiration it also describes how the werewolves view Embry, especially her father. If you guys never heard Beyonce's The Lion King, The Gift album I highly recommend that you download it. During my time of sickness, the album pushed me towards my spiritual healing.

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

My head and chest hurt. Badly. Where am I? I open my eyes to an unfamiliar room filled with very familiar scents that I don't really recognize at the moment. As of now, I can't feel my wolf, but then again I can feel that she is awakened. It's like she's trying to hide from me, completely shut me off, and blocking our line of communication, but why?

She promised me that she would never do that again. "What's going on," I question her only to be met with silence.

I wait for a couple of minutes, for her to respond but when she doesn't I decide to take in my new surroundings instead.

The room is extremely spacious and the bed that I'm laying on is fit for a queen drenched in silky light grey satin bedroom sheets. The soft black satin window covering is draped back a little, allowing a little light from the blazing winter sun to evade the room. The walls are mostly painted dark grey, but there is also a snow-white, glistening silver, and midnight black stripped absent wall. This wall, in particular, is covered with artwork and a few silver-framed photographs.

My eyes zoom in to view the pretty people that were captured in the photos. Instantly, I recognize my handsome mate and the lovely Aunt Katherine. That's when it all hits me.

And when I say, everything and I mean everything hits me.

Starting with, my near-death experience and the fight with my mate's Ex.

Ravanna is dead. I killed her.

Followed by, Celine coming to my rescue and Speck almost losing her life. She was poisoned.

They all were due to the attack at the ball. The ball was thrown in my honor.

Then, it was the attack on the Red House. My tears begin to pour when I remember the battle. Celine and I first battle with one another going up against the last people that I would ever think that I would have to kill. My first kill was all were-people.

My people, members apart of my species.

My heart begins to break, more, and more as I continue to think about it. Then, it was the tunnel and the encounter with all of those helpless vampires, who were afraid for their lives. Each one of their faces begins to dance gracefully across my memory.

Next came, the plan and the walk of doom throughout the tunnel and my first official meeting with The Southern Pack Alpha. She was a pretty and powerful she-wolf, if only the circumstances were different we may have been friends.

Shortly after, I was reunited with my family. My dad. I saw my dad, sister, brother, uncle, and his devil of a mate, Mecca. All of the Packs of North America were there as well and Lycan Royalty. They placed Celine and me on trial and our uncle's mate, Mecca acted as our prosecutor.

Eventually, all hell broke loose and so many lives we taken. Many wolves and vampires were killed.

The Lycan King was killed.

I was almost killed.

Aunt Katherine.

Oh, my! Aunt Katherine. My heart rate instantly drops at the horrifying scene of the Lycan Queen swinging a sword at Aunt Katherine's neck, chopping it off, clean. Replays over, and over, and over, and over, and over again inside of my mind. Traumatizing me.