|55|~You're Driving!~

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

"You picked a side now stay there. At this point you don't mean anything to me. You're dead to me,"

"Goodbye, Embry! I never want to see you again," my cousin said to me. She's supposed to be my best friend! My sister! My other half... She is my everything. How could she say that too me? How could she?

Words can't explain what she means to me. Blood couldn't make us closer... or, so I thought. Now I'm not so sure. My heart hurts. My mind, body, and soul is under the influence of pain. It hurts. The very moment that Celine was no longer in sight, a waterfall of tears began to drip down my face.

I started to cry a river down onto the forest floor and my mate allowed me to do so in peace. All I can do is cry. In actual fact, a minute or so has passed and I'm still crying now.

My heart feels like it's being ripped out of my chest. My entire body still aches. I feel so weak in the knees. Extremely weak, I can barely stand. I'm losing control of my own body, going down but Cyrus is here to break my fall. He catches me, proving to be my rock and the glue that holds me together.

I feel so broken, so very very lost. I don't know what to do. Luckily for me, Cyrus seems to. He holds me in place and even utilizes one of his magical hands to wipe my tears away.

Making it his point to show me that I'm not in this alone. He's here, lending me a helping hand and also giving me the strength that I need to get through this. I'm so grateful. Only Goddess knows how much I need it. How much I need him...

I have never been so grateful. Cyrus has no idea how much him being here right now means to me. As of right now I need him more than I need air to breathe. Especially, as I try to process the fact that I'm officially considered to be a lone wolf. A rogue.

I have no pack and my family have disowned me. I know this because if Celine couldn't accept or understand my union no one in my family will. So, yes! My family have disowned me and for the life of me I can't understand why. My father once said to me that family means everything. We're supposed to stick together no matter what. So why doesn't that rule apply to me? I'm a part of the family. Right?

Even though, I happened to be paired with a vampire. Why can't they accept the gift that our Goddess sent to me? I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

At this point, Cyrus is all I have. It's just us and even though I love him that one thought doesn't sit well with me. I want all of us to be one big happy family. I truly believe that we can all live in peace. In my eyes, Cyrus and my union is proof that our species can co exist without hate.

Our union can change everything. All everyone has to do is leave the past in the past, and then we all shall see better days.

Cyrus rest his chin on top of my head as I bury my face into the crook of his neck and take in a deep whiff of his addictive scent.

The smell of him is calming to my soul. It's therapeutic, easing the raging sea of emotions that are washing over me. Right now, I need him here on me. He is my air. No substitutes, he's the one and only person that can calm me.

The chill from the winters wind seeps into my pores as Cyrus lifts me up off the ground and into the warm security of his arms. Then, he places my frame directly onto his chest. It's so warm inside his arms. His body heat is like a blanket against my tiny body, even though the cold doesn't bother me but still... It still feels good. His touch alone can take away the stress inside my body that's draining me.

I allow my head to rest on his chest acting as if his muscular frame is my pillow.

He's the best pillow ever! My racing heartbeat starts to slow down as he carries me out of the forest.