|18|~Ending Connections~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

My Immoral in Media: Because I believe the song is beautiful and this is my mood in the moment 🥺. But it's okay. Writing is my escape. Enjoy.

I've emerged from the shadows of the creepy alleyway only to enter into a bloody concrete jungle. The scene before me is so unreal it glues me into place. There are dead bodies of humans, wolves, and vampires scattered all around this street. The air smells like death. The streets are painted with crimson.

As I emerge into the valley of death I fear evil.

I'm not going to lie or pretend to be braver than I'am. I'm scared.

Scared out of my mine, but if there is any chance that I can save lives tonight I will save them. There is no way that I'm going to run to the safety and hide like a coward when my people are in danger. That's never going to happen. I'll never turn my back on any of them.

If one fight we all fight, even if that means we shall all die. I just wish there was another way.

All I want is for all of us to live to see another day. So many lives have already been claimed on this bloody night and for what. I try my hardest to break eye contact and to stop studying the faces of the fallen but no matter how hard I try... I can't.

There is just so many. This is such a tragedy. My heart is hurting.

Physically hurting! I can't stop thinking about the families of the falling from all species who lays lifeless around me. My heart is bleeding. How many children are waiting for their fathers or mothers to return home in this very moment?

How many parents will be hurting when they realize that they have to bury their own child? Too many have lost their mate, or beloved?

Way too many humans have lost their only friend in this devil blossomed world? It's unfair and not right. I hate this. My nerves are wrecked.

And the fact that I can't shake the feeling that this is only the beginning is making my anxiety worse. I just know that things are going to go downhill from here. I can feel it in my very bones.

My heart is hurting even more just thinking about how serious the threat against Kaya life truly is. It's killing me knowing that. At this moment my Aunt Elena and my little cousin Jenkins are facing losing the most valued treasure. I rather die than live with the fact that my family would have to live without of her because I failed to protect her.

If something happens to her I would never been able to forgive myself. Ever! If she falls I'm going to fall with her. It's not a choice. She's like a sister to me. No, she is my sister.

She may not be a Wilde by birth but's she a Wilde by bond. Blood can't make us any closer. She is a part of our family and that is just that on that.

I must find Kaya and get her out of the city now. It's my duty to protect her and place her life before my own. I will not allow my family to suffer another lose. I won't.

That thought alone gives me all the courage that I need. I start to run. My feet barely touch the ground as I run down the city street filled with lifeless bodies. The crisp winter air smacks my face and the wind blows many scents into my nostrils. My people scent becomes stronger and stronger. My wolf is howling and barking at me to run faster.

It doesn't take my long to locate the building that's currently hosting the battlefield. The sound of screaming, growling, and bullets flying can be heard a mile away. If that's not enough the fleeing humans and the toys soldiers and North Pack warriors having a full fledged war in front of the building confirm that I have found the right place.