|3|~The Way To A Wolves Heart~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

Koda refused to allow my new guards and my babysitter inside of her home. They are currently in her yard, searching for an invisible threat.

The moment, we step inside of her Shepherds Hut. My eyes enlarged and my nostrils flared.

Right now, I am still standing in the middle of her home embracing the wondrous aroma. It smells delicious. Ignoring the party in my tummy my eyes scan and take in my new environment.

There is a strong peppery and sweet cinnamon aroma, which blends perfectly around the tight confined space, making my taste buds tingle and my mouth starts to water. Plus, her home is fascinating.

The kitchen, living room, dining area, and bedroom are all in one room. There a red, white, and green checkered stripe curtains that hang in the windows over top of the matching colored striped sofa.

The tiny kitchen sits on the right side of the sofa. That holds one painted Irish green wooden cabinet, and a matching wooden stink, which connects the miniature red refrigerator. A small iron stove plate and an even smaller oven, are the host of that splendid smell, by the way.

There are built-in shelves, with multi-colored cups and pots sitting directly over-top of the miniature refrigerator and some other colorful dishes sit on a boarded shelf on top of the wooden cabinet overall.

The bed is to the left side of the room with the cutest red and tan wolf-printed quilt and a nice size heater sits right beside the front door. As my eyes finish exploring the wonders of the house all I can think about is how my life is way more complicated than it needs to be. This is simple. This is life.

"Are you hungry my dear," the older she-wolf by the name of Koda asks me. My growls and nostrils flaring wider provide the answer to her question. Her lips form into a satisfied grin.

"I'll take that as a yes. Get yourself comfortable, my dear. While I grab you a bowl of my famous chili and a plate of cinnamon cornbread. "

"You don't have to do that," I tell her, being polite. I don't want to intrude, even though I secretly do want to intrude.

"Nonsense," She says, while grabbing a bowl from off the top of the counter, and some red oven mitts from the side of the sink. Then, she opens up the oven to reveal some golden bread.

"It's an honor. Now, sit!" she firmly directs, leaving no room for arguments. I take a seat onto the sofa and continue to study my surroundings.

My mind starts to wander. All I can think about is how spoiled I've been.

I am just a wolf. So, I am not used to grand mansions and extraordinary Palaces.

However, I am used to life at the pack home. Sometimes it's hard to remember that other wolves don't have that luxury. Sometimes it's hard to remember that other wolves still have to go out and hunt for every meal.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that a lot of wolves still enjoy living on their own and embracing life without a pack.

They prefer to be somewhat Rogue and not have to deal with the civilizations and rules that come along with being a pack member. Most of the wolves, a part of the outside territories used to belong to a pack, but there are those few who once were considered rogue.

Rogue wolves were either born without a pack due to their ancestors being kicked out. Or they are pack-less due to them being kicked out themselves. They were once considered to be wolves, which lived, slept, and roamed alone. My people like to call them savage beasts.

Growing up listening to those stories I always disagreed. I felt like they were independent. They didn't have someone else hunting for them. They didn't have protection and sometimes they didn't even have shelter. They didn't have the protection of an Alpha or the bondage of family. They did what they wanted to do. When they wanted to do it, now that's true freedom. I wish I was that brave.