Book 3 ~Hunted by the Barbaric Vampire King~

Book 3 in The Awakening Series

Book 3 of The Awakening Series

In the year 2081, an unexpected war plagued the world-changing human lives and the supernatural community forever. The awakening is what the media called it, the act of the vampire species coming into awareness of the human world.

Army's all around the world were defeated. Human world leaders were publicly executed. The human species was near the brink of extinction. After the awakening, any human that survived could only pray for death. All human rights were stripped away and lost forever.

The species of hunters have protected humans long before The Awakening or rather Slaughtered Sunday. That's what we call the bloody feast. Before, then we were bounded by our weapons and tied by our blood to protect those who were incapable of protecting their selves. A lot of my people have given their lives to spare the human species.

Once upon a time, when the world was worth a little more than a penny, we did just that. We were the invisible soldiers who enforced the laws of the land. We were like parents to humans, turning on the light and tucking our children into bed after they experienced a shitty nightmare. My people were the ones to get our hands dirty, just so the civilians didn't have to deal with churning stomachs after the slaughter. We went through a lot of shit for the species of humans without expecting anything in return.

We didn't need any type of reward.

Hunters don't do shit for bounty. If I'm going, to be honest, I have to admit that hunters only protected and fought alongside humans because we enjoy the thrill of the kill. We hunters are selfish individuals. We only give a fuck about our damn selves. We're not some type of angels.

To be quite frank, we're just as fucked up as the vampire, even though no one will ever admit it. All hunters love to spill demon blood that's the only reason why we were their soldiers. To be quite candid, the humans didn't deserve our protection. That species was nothing but the devil's seed roaming the earth freely.

Before, the awakening of the human world was anything but perfect. Humans killed one another and fought for land just like the werewolves and Lycans. They were greedy. Extremely, greedy. Sex, drugs, and money was key point in most of their daily lives. In the past, humans have mistreated and even enslaved their own species. It was a dog-eat-dog type of world. Those creatures aren't innocent by far. Humans killed other humans!

They were so fucking barbaric.

That's the truth about human nature. They are ruthless, barbaric, malicious, insane, short-tempered, sadistic, and cold-hearted bitches.

They are just as bad, if not worse than the Seven Demon Kings plus the Devil himself that claimed a continent as one of their own!

To sum it all up, the world isn't fucked up now. The world has always been fucked up, always, and fucking forever! We're all fucking animals if you ask me. Every last one of us! Money used to make the world go round. Now, blood does. Big fucking deal!