|65| ~A Magical Surprise~

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

Embry's dress in media.

(Recap)

"It was you," I whisper in awe as I take in the story that I've been told over and over since I was a pup. "You were the vampire that came to my people's rescue, saving thousands and delivering my mother pu-," I pause.

Oh, my Goddess! Oh, my Goddess! Oh, my Goddess!

"You, you, you—-,"

"Yes," she smiles as scarlet drips flow freely from out of her eyes. "I saved your life Embry and promised your mother that I will always be there to protect you no matter what and that caused me everything. My title, my properties, and my lands were stripped away and passed down to my heir only because he participated in the takeover, other than that we would have nothing,"

"And that's the reason why you stopped campaigning for species equality because you can't but you still manage to,"

"Take a stand throughout my heir who is now mated to a very special she-wolf, who happened to be born on the Luna Passing day," she smiles, more to herself than to me. "The same she-wolf pup that I risked it all for," she smiles wider as she walks back over towards me.

Then, Lady Katherine lifts my chin with her finger and stares me directly in my eyes as she says, "Your Union to my nephew is much bigger than your family or my own. The chosen one has arrived and she will need all the backup that she can get on her tragic journey. All of your stories have been written way before either one of you decided to flip the first page of the book,"

"One thing that we all knew about your mother was that she believed in fate. She valued your Goddess gifts and would have cherished any one of them for the rest of eternity," she cries her heart out to me without breaking her smile.

"You were your mother's most valued gift, Embry. You are your people's most valued gift, Embry. You are the one and my nephew is your destiny and together the both of you will play a major part in what's to come,"

"Eight Kings and Eight Queens shall be the world Happy ever after,"

A little while has passed since Aunt Katherine and I had our conversation and I'm still attempting to put all the puzzle pieces together. As of right now, I still haven't been able to sit down and sort out any of the pieces, thanks' to Speck.

She has been holding me against my will, downright refusing to allow me to sit down and think, just so she can as she calls it, "Beauty Proof Me!"

Yes! You heard me right. According to Speck, I need to be beauty proofed before the night's end.

For what, I don't have the slightest clue. Speck has downright, refused to tell me any details besides, the fact that I will be attending a vampire event that every single vampire girls dream of attending. According to Speck, this is one of these every girl dream type of opportunities and that is all that I am prohibited to know. I have also been banned from partaking in the beauty proofing process as well. But I really didn't want to partake in it anyway. I have been too focused on tonight's upcoming element.

There shall be a full moon filled with eternal bliss. I can feel it. My entire body is practically humming with the sweet buzz of high anticipation. I'm ready to allow my inner beast to run freely and, so is my wolf.

Tonight truly belongs to her. She will have full control over our body and there is nothing that I'll be able to do about it, not that I would want to anyway. We're finally on the same page and plan to keep it that way. Although, I'm still a little distressed about how she treated Aunt Katherine during our first encounter.