|40|~The Chase Down~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

Let me go this very instance," she continues to growl, drawing me back in as she attempts to break free from him. Our mate is currently dragging us through the estate and my wolf is not happy about it. She's furious, way past the point of livid and honestly so am I.

We hate the fact that he is manhandling us and hate it even more that he is doing it in front of the entire household and when I say the entire household. I mean that the entire household.

Every servant, soldier, and slave appears to be present, including Gutter and Abigail. They are watching us with wide eye stares, as he drags us throughout the hallway.
It's embarrassing.

"Yes, this is embarrassing," my wolf growls inside my head. "See this is exactly what I mean when I say that he has no respect for us,"

"You're right, he doesn't," I agree, because he doesn't. When my wolf and Cyrus were having their little dispute I couldn't believe my ears. Everything that my wolf said about Cyrus in the past is true. He has no respect for us, not a single ounce. He wants to control us, and he believes that he owns us. Cyrus acts more like my father than my mate, and I'm for one am tired of it.

Honestly, I'm tired of it all. The struggle for dominance between Cyrus and my wolf is starting to be quite irksome. Both of them are driving me insane, but Cyrus is the one who started it. He constantly continues to try to control our bond, instead of respecting it. That's the real problem.

"I need your help," unexpected growl my wolf.

"Who me," I just have to question.

"Yes! You," she answers me in a duh voice. "I need you to distract him, so I can get away,"

"Distract him how," I question her. "This is your time to shine." She's the wolf, I'm the human. My strength comes from her, without her I'm weak.

"You are wrong," she tells me. "We are one without you, I don't exist,"

"I mean your right but,"

"There are no buts," she cuts me off. "How do you expect him to respect us and stop treating us like we're some sort of weaklings if you don't believe in our strength yourself?" She makes a valid point, but I still hesitate to flat out agree. I take a moment to myself think about it and I mean really think about it before I finally make up my mind.

"You're right," I agree finally agree. "I'm in, just tell me what to do,"

"I need you to take over and pretend to be hurt," she instructs right away."I'll do the rest,"

"Pretend to be hurt," I question. I don't get it.

"Just do it," My attention snaps back to Cyrus when a terrifying growl escapes from out his lips. My heart drops. For a second there, I thought that he was inside my head again, but my mind quickly dismisses that thought as my eyes land on our audience.

They are all standing around with petrified looks plastered on their faces dam near shaking in their boots. His growl was a warning to them.

"Now, Embry," spits my wolf. "Take over and pretend like he's hurting us,"

Oh, right! The plan, I think to myself before I come up with the fakest cry that I can manage. "Ouch, you're hurting me!" I falsely cry out, causing my wolf to sneakily snicker inside my head. Within a second, Cyrus releases his hold on me and immediately gives my wrist his undivided attention. A look of panic flashes across his face as his soulfully deep golden eyes begins to search for an imaginary bruise.

"Awwww, he cares," I woo to my wolf and to myself.

"Sure he does," she growls before once again taking control over my body.