|82| ~ The Grand Finale, or Not~

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

Speck regains my undivided attention when she suddenly begins to hyperventilate and her body begins to shake.

"Oh, hell no, Embry, do something now," growls out my wolf.

"I'm already on it," I call out while I spring into action. Not even, a second after I lift her head from off the floor Speck begins to choke on her tongue, coughing up an extremely thick amount of blood. Instincts take over, and I found myself gently easing Speck over to lay on one side.

Then I snatch the jacket that Celine gave me off my back before folding it up and then finally placing it under Speck's head to act as a pillow. Once, she is positioned right I guide her to breathe slowly.

"Relax and breathe," I say to her while stroking my hand over the top of her head. She's burning up which should be impossible. There is no way that a vampire could catch a fever.

"Who on Goddess earth operates CPR on a dead body?" My sensitive ears pick up on Celine talking sideways out of her mouth and I swear on the Goddess itself that it's taking everything out of me not to go off on her.

"Now is not the time, focus Embry," my wolf is the one that calms me down, surprisingly.

"Focus, Embry," her words begin to register as my eyes immediately begin to scan Speck's body in an attempt to locate what's causing the trauma.

After a second or so, Speck begins to regain control over her breathing pattern and her body follows suit. It feels like she's somehow calming herself down.

"That's right, Speck," I cheer her on. "I'm here, everything will be alright,"

"Embry, is that you? Are you really here with me?" she questions me as she begins to regain consciousness. "Am I in heaven? Are you dead too? Oh, crap! Cyrus is going to kill me," she finds the strength to say, and unable to help myself I burst out laughing. Leave it to Speck to be the one to worry about Cyrus in her weakened state. My girl.

She's so unbelievable, I think to myself as I begin to spill a river of blissfulness happiness.

"Fuck, I'm so dead," she says again.

"How can he kill you if you are already dead?" I question her as I once again begin to search for the cause of her wounds. So far, there are no noticeable injures and her heart naturally doesn't beat so I can't determine the speed. My father trained my siblings and me in the craft of medical aid, but our patients were always other wolves. I have no clue how to save a vampire, or even know where to begin.

My father didn't bother with teaching us how to save them. It was always about killing them and avoiding being drained of our blood. Oh, my Goddess!

Blood! Speck needs blood. I immediately go into action. "Here," I say to her while biting into my skin. "Drink, now!" My blood is pouring out with ease over top of her delicate lips.

"Don't be silly!" she says in a hurry and somehow finds the strength to swat my hand away. "Even on my death bed, I wouldn't drink from you. I rather die. I'm way too weak. I can't risk hurting you to save me. That's selfish," her last words come out in a whisper.

"Do you really mean that?" Celine comes out of the shadows and takes a step closer to us.

"Would you actually prefer death over hurting Embry,"

"Of course, I do!"Speck snaps at her as she coughs up more blood.

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot," responds Celine. "She's your Queen and your Ruthless King would have your head on a spike if anything happens to her, not that that matters with you already dying and all,"