Leah Rilke x Reader

Tumblr Request

You stood with the other girls around what use to be Jeanette's grave. The grave and indentation in the sand was still there but Jeanette's body... It was gone. You look away from the grave... Could you even call it that any more? You look up from the hole in the sand and make eye contact with Leah. You both hold eye contact for a few seconds, both of you understanding that you both think this is suspicious. "Maybe she just got taken out by the tide?" Someone says, causing you and Leah to break eye contact as you look back to the group. "The sand is uneven and wet... That seems like a good explanation." Dot responds trying to keep calm. You look back at Leah right as she opens her mouth to say something. You quickly shake your head wanting whatever she was about to say be saved till later.

You stay behind as the girls slowly leave the ex-grave, just you and Leah are left. "You don't believe that either do you?" Leah asks as she clenches her hand into a fist in frustration. You walk around the grave towards Leah and stand next to her facing the ocean. "No... I don't think even the tide could do that... And for the sand to still fill the whole like that... It doesn't make sense." "Does no one else see that?!" Leah says starting to get frustrated. "There is something obviously going on! And when I think I get one question answered something else happens and adds twenty more question." You see Leah start to clench her fists tighter. "Leah..." You grab one of her hands and slowly try to relax and unclench it before doing the same to the other one. You hold both her hands as you face each other. "I just... I feel like everyone thinks I'm going crazy...Maybe I am." Leah confesses as she lets tears fall from her eyes. On instinct you pull her into a hug, resting your head on top of hers as she only reaches up to your chest. "You're not going crazy..." You say and lean back enough to fully see Leah's face as she looks up at you. You caress her cheek with one hand and wipe her tears with your thumb. "We are going to figure out what is going on."

You sit at the entrance/exit of the shelter that had been built by Dot's team. Today had definitely started as a fun day until whatever happened with Toni's team went down, Toni still hadn't returned to camp yet and you were worried. Exhaustion ends up taking over and you fall asleep, only to be woken up and unknown time later to see Fatin stealing some diet cokes. "You know they're gonna be mad if you take theirs." Fatin freezes at your whispering voice and looks up at you with a guilty and worried expression. You scoot out of the shelter, making sure to not wake Leah who had been leaning against you. "Grab mine, let's go for a walk." You say as you brush the sand off the back of your legs. "Y/n, you look tired you don't have to–" You wave Fatin off. "It's fine."

You walk through the forest in relative silence as you follow Fatin in a random direction. "So... what are we gonna do?" Fatin looks back at you for a second before looking forwards again. "I was gonna find something and prove the girls wrong." Fatin replies in a  confident tone. You nod in response, even though she wasn't looking at you. "So why did you get sent on this retreat?" You ask as you duck under a branch. "I would rather not talk about it... What do you mean sent? How do you know I didn't want to come?" You let out a small chuckle, "No one here wanted to be come... Everyone was sent here for one reason or another." "How do you know that?" "They told me." You and Fatin walk in silence again before she speaks up. "I found out my dad was cheating on my mom..." Fatin's story was surprising but at the same time so... Fatin. "What would you have done?" She asks as you both step away from the hug you had given her when she started crying. "Well I definitely wouldn't have blasted it out to everyone before you even told your mom, the one who would be the most affected by it. But at the same time... I don't think sending you away was the best response. I mean you definitely should have gotten in trouble... I don't know." Fatin nods her head, "Yeah me neither."

"Toni..." "What?" "We need to talk." "No way, your not about to do that therapist shit you do on everyone else." She says as she crosses her arms over her chest. "That's fine, I'll just sit here and keep you company in case you change your mind." You say as you sit next to Toni and stare out into the ocean. You sit in silence for a few minutes before Toni breaks the silence. "You won't leave me alone will you?" You shake your head, "After that last outburst, I think you need someone to talk to." Toni groans and lets her head drop. "I didn't even say anything that bad though." You give Toni a deadpanned look. "I think saying, I don't fucking matter and basically yelling at us for saving your life is a pretty bad thing." Toni lets out a sigh, "Marty is my best friend and the closest thing I have to family. She is way too pure for the world."