Deena Johnson x Reader Part 2

You flinch away from the back exit of the bus as one of the Sunnyvalers throw a glass bottle. "Guys come here!" "Hurry!" You and Deena yell to Simon and Kate as everyone around them continues to cheer for Shadyside. "Hey, isn't that...?" Simon trails off as you all see how uncomfortable Sam looks sitting in the passengers seat. "Bitch." You mumble as Simon pushes his way to the back of the bus and moons the sunnyvalers. "Sunnyvale sucks!" He says with a giant grin before pulling his pants back up.

"Open the door." Deena tells you as she takes the top of a water cooler that didn't get used because the game got cancelled. Kate looks at Deena with a "are you sure type face", hesitating to follow Deena's instructions. So you push in front of Kate and open the back door. "This is definitely a good idea, right? Deena? Y/n?" Kate asks worriedly as Deena starts a count down. "It's just water or juice Kate, worst thing that can happen is that the paint gets messed up or something." You tell her as Deena continues the count down.

"Two..." You grab the other handle across from Deena and both share a look. Deena's eyes widen in concern and horror and you return the look with a confused one. "Your nose!" She says and you immediately let go of the cooler to feel way too much blood flowing out of your nose. Deena, being too worried about you, let her hold from the cooler relax some... right as the bus hit bump in the road. "Y/n, are you ok--- Oh shit!" You all watch as the cooler slips from her grasp and hits the hood and windshield of the car Sam was in, causing it to swerve and brake before finally veering off into the woods. "Oh fuck." You mumble as you watch it all happen, while Deena yells for the bus driver to stop the bus.

---

Once the bus is stopped, Deena is the first one off the bus and racing towards the car. Simon and Kate went after her after making sure you were okay but you waved them off, saying you would be right behind them once your nose finally calmed down. By the time you get down there, it was just in time to see Sam puking up blood onto Simon. "Eww." You couldn't help but say as Simon freaked out over his shirt. You felt some jealousy rise up in you when you watched as Deena moved to hold Sam close to her but you pushed it down almost immediately.

---

After Sheriff Goode was done talking to Deena, you were next in line to be questioned. "Your name?" He asked and you just rolled your eyes. "I'm sure you know it by now." He clenched the pen tighter as he sent you a look. "I don't need you to act like a hard ass, just give me your name." You both have a staring contest for a few seconds before you relent and answer his question. "Y/n Y/ln." Sheriff Goode stared at you for a few seconds more before writing down your answer. "So that's what you changed your name to?" You were done with his questions. "Look Nick, I didn't do or see nothing. Accidents happen, now hop off my dick and go do your job or something." You told him before walking away, making sure to flip him off for good measure.

You walk back towards the bus only to see Peter and Deena, in what you know is a not so friendly, hug. You check over your shoulder to make sure Sheriff Goode isn't paying attention and walk up to Peter and Deena. You grab Peter's hand and instantly twist is an awkward angle. "I suggest you let go of my friend... I heard that wrists were an important thing to have as a quarterback." You threaten and he lets go of Deena but makes sure to give you a solid shove as you release his hand before walking away. "I had that handled." Deena tells you as you both walk back to the bus. "Oh yeah, getting the life squeezed out of you is the definition of having it handled." You respond to her. Deena tries to argue her point but you put your hand up stopping her. "Look, it's been a long night. We just caused your ex to be sent to the hospital, who you clearly still have feelings for." You say the last sentence bitterly. "So why don't we just can this whole conversation and save it for another day." Deena doesn't even grace you with a response and just walks ahead of you to the bus.

---

You slam your door shut as you collapse onto your bed. You were supposed to spend the night at Deena's house but after the whole car crash incident, you couldn't handle it. One second it seemed like she was going to confess that she liked you to some capacity but then, of course, Sam had to go and ruin it. You just decided to call the car crash karma and move on. "Stupid Deena, stupid Shadyside..." You look in the mirror and see the blood on your jeans. "Stupid Sam." You remove your shirt to start getting ready for bed when someone knocks on the front door. "Who the hell..." You mumble as you wait to see if they'll knock again or if it was just some type of ding dong ditch.

There doesn't seem to be another knock but the kitchen phone starts ringing. You let out a grunt of annoyance, having just wanted to take a bath and go to bed. You grab a random sweatshirt from your bed and throw it on, missing the fact that the sweatshirt was Deena's. "What?" You ask rudely as you answer the phone. "Damn who pissed in your cheerios?" You can hear Simon ask in the background. You let out a sigh. "Sorry guys, it's just been a long day and I feel like-" You get cut off by someone pounding on the door. "Fuck off or I'm gonna call the cops!"

"Sorry, as I was saying. It's been a long day and I keep getting ding dong ditched... Did you need something?" "Yeah, Peter has gone completely mental." You hear Kate say. "I can literally hear Deena breathing into the phone. Why are Simon and Kate there, I though they were babysitting." This time Deena spoke. "Peter is dressed up like the skull mask killer and stalked my house and then broke into the house where Simon and Kate were babysitting."

"What the hell who does that?" You ask with disgust lacing your voice. "Maybe thats-" You get cut off again by pounding on your front door. "I bet that's the asshole right now! I'll be right back." You say as you lay the phone on the counter. You grab a knife before you head to the door to try and hopefully scare Peter when you open the door. "I know it's you asshole!" You yell as you open the door, only to dodge the swing of a knife a second later. "Ahh! What the hell!" You stumble back as you try and close the door but skull mask Peter kicks it open. You run back towards the kitchen as skull mask Peter walks slowly but menacingly after you. "Help! He's gonna fucking kill--" Is all you can say into the phone as the cord gets cut.

"Look Peter what happened was just and accident! Can't you buy a new car or something!" You ask desperately as you dodge another swing of the knife. "I'll even help put a down payment on it or something." "I won't even call the cops, we can forget this ever happened!" You were just spewing random things out of your ass at this point, hoping not to die. Your lucky quickly runs out when Peter manages to stab your thigh. "Fuck!" You yell as you fall to the floor, blood seeping out of your thigh fast as Peter removes the knife. He looms over you, ready to strike again when you hear the sound of a car pulling up and doors opening and closing. You close your eyes and prey that Peter will make it a quick death.

---

"Y/n! Y/n!" Deena yells as she rushes into your house, the front door wide open. Deena looks around quickly as she tries to find you. She can see the kitchen phone on the floor and rushes into the kitchen. You were leaning against a cabinet, your whole body tense with blood dripping from your thigh. "Y/n!" Deena calls out again but in relief as she rushes to your side. "Hey, are you okay? What did he do?" She asks as she grabs your face in her hands and lets out a breath of relief when you open your eyes. You just shake your head, tears falling from your eyes, as you remember what just happened. "Simon go get cloth or towel or something! Josh go get some water!" Kate tells the two of them, taking charge as Deena is too wrapped up in you.

"We're gonna have to cut the leg off." She tells the two of you, causing you both to send her horrified looks. "The jean leg, not your actual leg." You nod and point to the living room where your mother kept fabric scissors. "As soon as I opened the door he started swinging. I managed to say something into the phone but- but- but-" You were starting to freak out again. You knew that someday some bad shit would happen to you just because you lived in Shadyside but you just weren't ready. "Shh, it's okay." Deena says as she tries to soothe you, pushing down all the anger she felt towards Peter. "We're gonna patch you up and take you to the hospital. Once we make sure you're okay, we're gonna yell at Sam so we can find Peter and then I'm gonna kill that motherfucker." She tells you as she holds your head to her chest so you don't have to watch Kate cut off your bloody jeans. She holds you as you cry out when the water hits your stab wound. And all she could think about was how much she was gonna make Peter wish he was never born.