Nora Reid x Reader

Tumblr Request

You sat awkwardly on your bed as Nora stood next to her sister. "Umm... I'm y/n, nice to meet you." You say with a friendly tone as you hold your hand out towards her. "Yeah I'm Rachel..." She mumbles out in response and leans towards Nora a little. "I didn't know you liked girls." She tried and whispered to Nora. You flinched at the comment and needed an escape from the awkward atmosphere. You stood up from the bed fast, a little too fast, and the sisters turned to look at you. "Do either of you want drinks?" You tug at the collar of your large shirt, "I'm feeling parched." You state and watch as Nora nods her head yes and nudge Rachel to respond. "Huh? Yeah sure." You nod your head and walk as fast but as normally as possible.

"She's taller than I thought." Rachel states as she turns to look at Nora. "Do you... do you like her?" Nora asks, seeking her sisters approval. "I mean, she is a little weird don't you think?" Rachel asks as she looks around the room. "Not really..." Nora responds as she wrings her hands together nervously. Rachel walks around the room, looking at what you had laying around, studying it. "What does she do?" Rachel asks as she thumbs through some papers on your desk. Nora sees what Rachel is touching and rushes forwards. "Don't touch that!" She almost shouts as she moves Rachel out of the way and makes sure all the papers are organized and still in order. "Woah okay damn, I was just looking around... What's so important about those papers anyways?" "A book y/n is writing..." Nora answers as she stares at the papers, eyes filled with love. "It's one of her passion projects."

---

You sat under the big oak tree in the middle of the park as Nora stood in front of you. "Is it because of your sister?" Nora doesn't respond and you feel your heart break. "It is, isn't it? You can't just let your sister control your life! She can't just barge in and take control of you like that. She can't--" "Stop!" Nora yells at you in anger, "You don't know what your talking about!" You shake your head at Nora's denial. "Well I guess that cancels our plans for the summer." You state as you stand up and wipe the dirt off your pants. You had a feeling that you wouldn't be seeing Nora again for a while. "I wish you nothing but the best." You say as you make eye contact with her before turning around and walking away. You felt like your heart was being ripped out of your chest. You paused a few feet away and debated what you were gonna do next in your head. Without a second thought, you swiftly turn around and walk up to Nora, confusing her. You cup her face with your hands and bring her in for a quick but passionate kiss. When you pull back, Nora's eyes are still closed and you take a second to study her face, "I'll always love you." You state before walking away before she could respond. Nora finally opens her eyes as your tall frame turned a corner. "I love you too..."

---

You freeze for a second as you walk onto the plane, the first person you notice is Nora... And then of course Rachel, her sister who sat across the aisle from her. You pause long enough to make eye contact with Nora and see heartbreak in her eyes... Along with fear? You also make eye contact with Rachel, who seems indifferent with your arrival but also a little angry? What is up with these girls? You thought as you make your way to the back and as far as you could away from the two girls. You sit across from a girl who had two books with her, one was yours and the other was one by Jefferey Galandis. "Do you like the book?" You ask as she reads your book. The girl looks at you for a few seconds before turning back to her book. "Yeah..." You let silence linger for a few minutes before you speak again. "The name's Y/n." You say as you hold out your hand and give the girl a small smile. She looks away from her book again and at your outstretched hand. She hesitates for a few seconds before shaking your hand and giving you a smile in return. "Leah."

---

You blinked your eyes a few time as you felt rays from the sun heat you up. You sit up before slowly standing up and shake out your clothes so they aren't stuck to your body. "Help! Help!" You hear yelling from down the beach and run towards the noise, the running helped the joint part of your prosthetic loosen up. You see Leah and another girl being pulled onto the shore by two other girls. You run up and help them as much as you can. Leah lays the girl down and you check on her as she catches her breath. "Are you okay?" You ask worried, resting a hand on her shoulder. She took a few more breaths before nodding her head. "She's not breathing!"

---

"Where are you guys going?" You ask Leah as she and Rachel walked towards the water with floating devices. "Gonna go see if we can salvage anything from the plane wreck." Rachel answers, causing you to tense before nodding your head. "I'll go too." You state, causing the girls to stop arguing and look at you in shock. There was an obvious tension between you and the sisters and you were always too nervous to talk to anyone other than Leah. Rachel looks you up and down for a second before nodding her head. "Just don't slow us down." "Oh, I won't." You state as you pull your shirt over your head, causing most of the girls to let out cheers and wolf whistles causing you to blush. "Okay, damn y/n, I see you." Fatin said causing you to blush as the girls let out sounds of agreement. "What sport do you play?" Rachel asked, obviously confused with your built physique, she thought you were just another nerd like Nora. "I use to wrestle." "You stopped?" Nora's voice cut through everyone else's causing you to freeze and almost physically flinch at her voice. You lean down and roll up the pant leg of your joggers before taking off your fake leg and roll off the mesh that covered the end of your leg. "Yeah, coach kicked me off." You say as you motion to your fake leg. The girls looked at you in shock, not knowing what to say.

---

You sat away from the girls as they argued over something else that you didn't care to listen to. The arguing, yelling, and loud noises still bothered you after everything that had happened. You feel a presence walk up to you and look over to see Nora sitting down next to you, not making eye contact with you. "How'd it happen?" She asks breaking the silence. You knew what she was talking about almost immediately. "You know about the hazing at the fraternity that killed Quinn?" Nora flinches at the reminder of her dead best friend. "Yeah... I tried to help him, get him out of there, but I guess I was too late." You say as you stare down at your stump. "Was in a coma for a couple months before I finally came to and learned about his passing. Wish I got to go to the funeral." You finish, mumbling out the last few words. You feel Nora grab your hand and on instinct give it three squeezes, something you use to do before you both went separate ways. "Sorry..." Nora shakes her head, "No I should be the one who is sorry..." Nora states, giving herself a second to form her thoughts into words. "I shouldn't have let you walk away that day. I should have responded faster..." Nora trails off as she studies your profile. When you turn to look at her, confused by the silence, she almost immediately turns away.

You look away too but feel a hand on your cheek turning you to look back at Nora, who was now biting her lip with worry clear across her face. She almost backs away, overthinking her actions but you cover her hand with your own and pull her into a kiss. You pull back when you both run out of breath and stare at each other, both of you surprised you managed to hold eye contact for so long. "I know I messed up back then but I still love you..." Nora confessed as she let her eyes trail back down to your lips before looking into your eyes again. "I never stopped loving you..." You admit before pulling Nora into another kiss.