Asami x DualBender!Reader

Reader can be seen as a female or gender neutral.

You shook your head some before opening your eyes. When you fully took in your surroundings you immediately realized you were in deep shit. "Good, both of you are awake. The avatar and the back up." Zaheer says with a laugh. "After this poison is done with the two of you, there won't be any more avatars." You were confused, what had you missed? You watched as a red lotus member started bending a metallic looking liquid. You watched as Korra started pulling on her chains the second the metallic water got closer, letting you know that whatever it was was obviously not good.

Your eyes widen in fear as you watched the poison seep into Korra's skin, immediately causing her to cringe and cry out in pain. "Korra!" You yelled desperately as you watched your best friend struggle with the avatar state, repeatedly going in and out of it. "What is it doing?! Korra!" You start pulling in your chains harder as Korra seemed to zone out. "This is taking a little too long. Administer the poison to the other one." Zaheer says. You start struggling again as the poison got closer and closer to you. "No, no, no..." You kept mumbling over and over angina trying to get away. "Ahhh!" You let out a scream as you get the poison enter your skin. It felt like a million metal needles poking and then stabbing your insides all at one.

You stared at the ceiling cringing and crying out in pain as you felt yourself being pushed into, what you called, your avatar state. You might have only been able to bend 2 elements but you still got a avatar state thanks to the small part of Ravaa inside of you. "Ah it's finally time." You hear Zaheer say and you look to the side to see Korra all the way into the avatar state. "No!" You yell out struggling against your chains again, trying to ignore the impending doom you're feeling. You watched as Korra managed to break out and chase after Zaheer. "I gotta help Korra!" You mumble yell to yourself as you start to burn and hopefully melt the chains that where holding you up.

You heard noise coming down the tunnel and got scared that it was Zaheer coming to brag about a victory but was pleasantly surprised when you saw Bolin, Mako, and Tonraq. "Watch out!" You yelled as you saw rocks being shot their way. "We'll handle them, you get y/n and go help Korra!" Bolin yelled before jumping down to fight Ghazan with Mako following behind him. You finish getting your hands out of the chains right as Tonraq cuts the chains on your feet with water. You manage to slow your fall with some air bending and land next to Tonraq. "Let's go hep Korra!" You say with determination but as you take a step forwards, you almost immediately collapse  and face plant. Luckily, Tonraq is there to catch you before you hit the floor. "Are you okay?" You shake your head at his question. "I'll be fine we need to go though. Korra is going to need help." Tonraq gives you a nod before throwing your arm over his shoulder and helped you walk down the tunnel and towards the exit.

"Y/n!" Asami yells as she sees Tonraq and you exit the cave, with Tonraq practically pulling you along. You get a shot of adrenaline and relief when you see Asami and momentarily forget the poison in your system as you reach the others. "Asami." You say with a smile as you let go of Tonraq and pull Asami into hug. The hug only last for a second however, before you feel the pain of the poison hit again harder than before. "Ugh." You let out as you crumple into Asami, who has to fall to her knees to support your all your dead weight. "Y/n! What's going on what's wrong?" Asami asks worried as your eyes flashed white before turning back to normal. "Zaheer did something... I need to help Korra... It'll put her into the avatar state and Zaheer will kill her." You say as you pull yourself up with Asami's help.

You listen in as everyone argues about what to do. "I can fly my bison up there." "You'd never be able to keep up with Zaheer." Lin responds to Kai, immediately shutting down his idea. You steal yourself for a second before standing tall and walk towards the group, ignoring Asami's worried gaze burning into the back of your head. You place a hand on Lin's shoulder as you enter the circle. "Whatever you think of do it fast... I..." You get cut off by a truck load of pain. You lean forwards and wrap your arms around yourself to keep from falling over in pain. Everyone looks at you worried and you feel Lin place a hand on your back. You unconsciously shake it off as you stand up, eyes shining a bright white. "I'll help Korra for as long as I can." You say before taking a few steps back and use fire bending to shoot into the air.