Kit x Reader x Jade

Request: May I have a KitxReaderxJade oneshot where the reader tries telling them their feelings just to find out Jade is leaving for training and Kit is getting married?

AN: I'm having Jade not come to Tir Asleen until everyone's about 15, even though I think canonically she's been there longer?

Not Proofread

You were the child of Ballantine and have spent your whole life being groomed to take over your fathers place as Commander of the Knights of Pacalcade. That also means that your grew up with and around Kit and Jade, once she is brought to Tir Asleen. Things hadn't always been all rainbows and sun shine between the three of you. For the longest time it had been you, Kit, and Airk. You would spend any free time with them, whether it was to train, go horseback riding, etc. If none of you had duties, everyone knew that they would find you together. It actually caused talks between the Queen and Ballantine about a possible engagement between you and Airk when you two were older, but all three of you and Madmartigan shut it down. Your hand had been securely held in Kit's as you got into an argument with your father over the idea.

Everything had calmed down for a while a and life returned to normal. Until Madmartigan left. It was fine for the first few months when Kit waited for her fathers return almost every night with you by her side and it was fine for a while. Until one day you go to join Kit and you could see her shoulders shake from the sobs she let out. You immediately run to her and wrap your arms around her. You don't say anything as she lets tears run down her face because you know there isn't anything to say. You had heard talks around the castle that Madmartigan wasn't coming back, either because he was running away from responsibility or because he died. And you know that if you had heard things like that then Kit definitely did too. "Why isn't he back? Why did he leave?" Kit cried into your shoulders and you just held her tighter. "If I know anything about the King, I know that the only reason he isn't back is because absolutely can't. And there is no way he is dead, like some people are saying, I mean he's Madmartigan for gods sake." Kit smiled at you from her spot on your shoulder and you felt your heart stop. Had Kit always been this pretty? Had you always been this nervous to hold her close to you?

---

Jade joined your group pretty late in life, well in your view of life. Without even asking you, Ballantine had accepted Jade into your home and began to train her as well. At first, all the attention to her had annoyed you. You had been an only child for 15 years and now suddenly you had to share your dad's attentions. It didn't help that Kit was suddenly interested in the girl who had come from across the barrier. When the two of you would train together, you wouldn't hold back, unless your father was paying attention. You told yourself it was because if she actually wanted to join the knights that they wouldn't go easy on her. But in reality she both made you mad and made your heart race. The way she wouldn't give up in training, would wipe the sweat off her forehead and get back into stance, determination clear on her face, was kind of hot. The one sided jealousy came to an end when Jade sought you out one night when you were with Kit. She wanted to talk to you and you were annoyed because you hadn't been able to spend as much time with Kit lately but you still followed behind her. Jade spilled her guts to you that night, about how she was feeling, how much she missed her parents, and how much you pushing her in training was a great outlet for all her frustrations. And you felt like a terrible person, all this time you were jealous of this new found attention towards Jade when in reality her world had fallen apart. That night you invited her to join you and Kit and the rest is history.

---

Today was the day, you thought as you got dressed and headed to the castle. Today was the day you were going to tell Kit and Jade how you felt. You wore your best clothes and had even picked flowers from a nearby meadow the night before. You dodged and weaved through castle and Galladoorn servants who were setting up for a feast tonight. What you hadn't expected was for Kit and Jade to be at each others throats as you opened the door to Kit's room. "At least I am staying in Tir Asleen! You're going all the way to Galladoorn! To be a knight like you already aren't one here!" Kit yelled at Jade, her finger pointing at her accusatorily. "Well at least I'm not the one who is about to spending the rest of their lives with someone they don't even know or love!" Jade yells back and you decide to step in, making sure the flowers you brought were hidden behind your back. "Kit? Jade? What's going on?" You ask wearily.

Jade spins around to you fast and points at Kit. "This feast isn't just because Galladoorn is visiting, it's because Kit is getting married to Prince Graydon! Tomorrow!" You heart drops at her words. "Oh yeah, well as soon as it's over Jade is leaving! She's joining the Shining Legion!" And your heart breaks at that. "What?" You let out meekly, never having felt so sad and unsure in you life. Both of the girl, still lost in their anger towards the other, don't really hear you. "Tell her she's what she's doing is wrong! She already has a place here as a knight!" Kit says trying to get you on her side. "Well remind Kit that her marriage is one for politics and not love, which she never wanted to happen!" Jade points out but al you can hear is white noise as you realize the two people you love had already slipped through your grasp. Kit was betrothed and Jade was leaving. What were you supposed to do? You had known your place since you were a child, what you were going to be and do when you got older and you were content. But now the thought of all that happening without the two of them made your head and heart hurt.

Both girls stop their arguing as they see you start to cry and get angrier the more you think about everything. "Y/n?" They both ask as they move towards you but you take a step back. "How long have you two known?" Neither girl can meet your eyes. "Well how long have you known you were going to leave Tir Asleen? How long have you known you were going to get married? How long?!" You cry out at the two girls. "Months." Is the only response you get and you shake your head, hand coming to your face to wipe your tears away causing you to drop your flowers. "You guys have known about these things for months and neither of you told me or the other person? I thought we were friends, I thought we confided in one another?" The anger, while still there, had lessened and despair settled on your bones. "Well I guess I'll share my secret too then, huh?" Jade and Kit share a confused and concerned look. "I came down here to tell you both that I loved you, as more than a friend, for a long time. But I can see that it was a waste of time." You say as you turn to start heading to the door. Kit and Jade chase after you, both grabbing one of your hands. "Stop! I love you too! I have since we were kids and I thought you were going to get married off to Airk." Kit said. "I've slowly fallen in love with you as I've gotten to know you over the past 5 years and broke through your walls to know the true Y/n." Jade adds on. And all you can do is shake your head, not even turning to look at the two girls because you know your resolve would break. 'It's too little, too late though. Isn't it?" You say before shaking their hands off and rushing out Kit's room and eventually the castle. Leaving behind two heartbroken people.