Ava Silva x Reader

Request: Hiya! I'm not entirely sure if you're requests are open, but.

Reader is the best sister warrior. (The best fighter. Aside from bearrice of course.) And she is tasked with protecting and training Ava, Reader has some large and smaller scars across both her back and abdomen. (Ava sees them when r wears a sports bra or walks in on her changing her tshirt and asks about them. Ava also has a crush on r.) (Reader also never took the vows like Mary.)

The struggle between choosing to set this in season 1 or 2 was real.

Reader and Ava are slightly established.

Not ProofRead

"While Beatrice helps you practice phasing through the wall, I get to teach you how to fight." You tell Ava as the two of you stand in a large square mat that was provided by Jillian. You let out a whistle as you walk towards the rack of weapons on the wall. "Wow, times like these makes me wish I never... left my other job." You pick up a staff and try and get use to it's weight by spinning it a few times. "What? Nothing to say? Your usually so talkative." You say to Ava as you turn to face her, only to catch her eyes trailing back up your body. While you were not apart of the warrior nuns by way of scripture and not made to wear the habit like Beatrice and Camila, you still dressed in over sized long sleeved clothing. So seeing you in a skin tight sleeveless shirt was a nice surprise. "Sorry, just have no complaints about this arrangement." Ava says with a small smirk and you can't help but laugh. "Well then let's get started."

---

"Again." You say as you stand over Ava, staff pointed at the center of your chest. "C'mon we've been practicing for almost two hours!" Ava complains as she stands up. "Yeah and all the other warrior nun and guards are gonna let up when you get tired and sore." Ava groans as she gets back in to a fighting position. "I already told you, beat me and we're done." You barely finish your sentence as Ava charges you and tackles you to the ground. You try to maneuver her off of you but she knees you in the stomach and you concede. "Looks like training is over." Ava says with a smirk as she looks down on you, stilled pinned below her. "Great, so maybe you should get up and we could go get post work out smoothies or something." You tell her as you watch her eyes roam over you and you try your hardest to ignore your nervousness. "I don't know... I kind of like where I'm at."

You roll your eyes at her obvious attempt of flirting and try to return the comment with one of your own but are interrupted by Ava placing her lips on yours. You relax into the kiss and let Ava take the lead. She finally lets go of your wrists, which allows you to cup her face and neck when you feel her hands slip under the hem of your shirt. Ava breaks the kiss as she feels the uneven terrain of your skin under hands and goes to lift your shirt but you stop her. "Stop. Let me up." Ava looks like she's about to argue but you repeat yourself. "Ava, please." Ava gives in and gets off of you, holding her hand out to help you up but you ignore it and stand as fast as you can. "I'll... I'll see you later, ok?" You say to attempt to be casual but the way you practically sprint out of the room doesn't help.

---

You stare at yourself shirtless in the mirror. Eyes and hands tracing over the scars you accumulated over the years, before joining the nuns. You were so entranced, you hadn't heard Ava yelling your name from down the hall, outside the door, or even knocking. So she let herself in like she has done many times before, but this time she lets out a gasp that finally knocks you out of your stupor. "Ava! I-" You move fast to try and find the shirt you had been wearing just minutes ago. Ava doesn't say a word and silently walks up behind you before placing her fingers on one of the larger scars across your back. You freeze from the contact. "Is this what you didn't want me to see? Scars?" Ava asked confused. Everyone in the Warrior Nuns had scars, it wasn't surprising after being in countless battles. So why were you so secretive of yours?

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and turn to face Ava. "They're not just scars, well they are, but that's not why I was hiding them, well it kind of-" Words were just spewing out of your mouth at this point as you became more and more nervous and unsure of what to say. "Hey, y/n, breathe. Ok? It's just you and me right now, so just breathe." Ava says as she holds your face in her hands to get you to focus. "There ya go, just focus on me nothing else." Your breathing finally settles and you relax yourself into Ava's hold, causing her to smile. "Now you don't have to tell me why you hide your scars now or ever, just know that if you ever want to, I am here." Ava tells you serious and sincerely, a stark contrast to her usual blunt and joking manner.

"No, it's- I should tell you. I mean we kind of have something going on and you should know, in all, what you're getting into." You say as you sit on your bed and pat the spot next to you. "As you know, I never took the vows to be a full warrior nun. I kind of respect and follow them to a certain point. When I first joined the Nun, I was offered to take the vow but I declined. Not because I'm more loyal to Father Vincent than the church like Mary but because... I don't see myself as worthy enough." Ava almost immediately opens her mouth to defend you from yourself. "Please just let me finish."

"I know that doesn't necessarily make sense, especially since in most people's eyes, me just liking any gender makes me unworthy. But that's just their own distorted and incorrect views... Besides the point. Before I joined the Nuns I was a hitman, a gun for hire, not even for hire really. The man who... "owned" me, would beat us up if we didn't do what he asked." You can see Ava's eyes widen in shock, "Why did you stop?" She can't stop herself from asking. You let out a sigh and ring your hands together nervously. "It was my last mission. Kill a foreign diplomat before he could sign something. That's all I was told, I was given a location, date, and the exact time to kill the man. It was routine at this point. I would scale a building across the street or a few buildings away, line up sniper and wait..."

You feel tears well up in your eyes as you think back on your memory and Ava places a comforting hand on your shoulder. "The time hit and I fired my shot... and he leaned down. He bent his head down to sign the paper and I missed and... his family had been with him that day, they stood in front of him as he signed this paper..." Tears were spilling out of your eyes now and you wanted to stop, to not relive this memory but you pushed through. "I hit a kid. Straight in the stomach, where his dad's head was supposed to be. I didn't know what to do, so I ran, hid, and just kept replaying the moment over and over and over again in my head. How do you come back from something like that? How do I lay my head down at night and not see the kids face over and over again?" You say as sobs rack your body and Ava pulls you in closer, not knowing what to say. "Luckily, he survived... If he didn't I don't think I'd be here today." Ava finally lets the tears she was holding back fall.

"It's not your fault." Ava cringes, wishing she had found a better way to word what she needed to say. "Not my fault? I pulled the trigger. I missed! It wouldn't have been any better if I didn't miss. Imagine being the reason a kid has to watch his own father be murdered!" You yell as you stand up and start pacing the room. "That's... I didn't say that correctly." Ava stands up from your bed as well and stops you from pacing. "Look, I don't know exactly what to say in this situation but I will tell you what I think. You couldn't have known the mission would go wrong like that. You were put into an impossible situation by who ever was in charge of you. You can't shoulder all the blame onto yourself. I won't take away or minimize the pain you feel you deserve but I will carry it with you." You look into Ava's eyes surprised by her statement. Ava puts a finger to your lips to stop you from arguing with her. "I'm not going to run because of what you told me because I know you. I know that you feel deep guilt and regret for what you have done in your past. But I also know who you are now and I know that you are doing everything in your power to make up for what you did in the past. That's the Y/n I fell for. Not a perfect version you try to present to everyone else but the one that comes with a couple bumps and bruises... a couple scars. And until you are able to see yourself the way I see you, and even after then, you're stuck with me." All you can do is smile at Ava's words and feel the rush of relief as you pull her into you and into a kiss. "Thank you. Thank you, thank you." Is all you can say as you lay your head onto her shoulder and let the mask you were trying so hard to keep on, crumble.

Next week I'm posting a Angela Montenegro (Bones) x Reader