Mermista x Reader R5

(Age- 18-19)

(Age- 18-19)

The fall of Salineas was a hard hit to the princess alliance, but an even harder hit to Mermista. No she had herself locked in the bathroom, sitting in the tub in her mermaid form. It hurt you to watch her shut down like that. You and Sea Hawk even put your competition for her love on hold, yes that is how serious it is. You had grown up with Mermista, you were groomed to be her personal guard. You were there when she took over Salineas, when she had that brief fling with Sea Hawk (which broke your heart but you didn't care as long as sh was happy), when the gate got fixed, and everything after that. You had been in love with Mermista for a long time but always kept it to yourself unless Sea Hawk was around, that's the only time you let your jealousy come through. It had gotten worse when Sea Hawk decided to stay with the princess alliance as well.

You knew that Mermista wasn't that dense and knew exactly what was going on. You didn't understand why she wouldn't just put an end to the competition and choose one of you. You would accept if she chose Sea Hawk, you just wanted to be happy. But that didn't matter right now, she just lost her kingdom and you knew it was not the time to compete, it was time to be there for her as a friend. Sea Hawk, however, didn't see it the same way as you and thought that it was a perfect time to get ahead of you. You didn't realize it until you caught him coming out the bathroom in the afternoon.

*Flashback Start*

You raise your hand to knock on the door to the bathroom, Mermista had asked for a refill of ice cream. Right when you go to knock Sea Hawk opens the door. He makes brief eye connection with you before noticing the ice cream in your hands. He gave you a smirk before closing the door behind him. "I already got her ice cream, looks like I'm ahead of you now." You looked at him in confusion, "Ahead in what?" Sea Hawk looks at you like you lost your head, "Ahead in the quest for my Mermista's love of course!" That sentence made you angry, she just lost her kingdom and all he could think about was the competition. "The competition for her love!? Your still doing that right now! Mermista just lost her kingdom for spirits sake! I can't believe you!" Sea Hawk looks sheepish at your outburst, but you just walk away before you do something.

*Flashback End*

It's been a week since then and you were the princess alliance's last resort to try and get her out of the tub. You knocked on the door softly and after hearing no response you walked in. Mermista was still in the tub, with bubbles, eating ice cream but now she was in her normal form and not her mermaid form. The thought of that made you blush, hard. "I- I- ummm-" Mermista smirks at your awkward state before putting her ice cream down on a table next to the tub. "You can come in I don't bite." You just blush more at her statement before walking deep into the bathroom after closing the door. "So I guess your the last ditch attempt to get me out the tub." You just nod your head nervously. Mermista groans, "Ugh fine I'll get out. But only if you do something for me." You just nod again, still nervous to whatever your agreeing with. "Join me." .

Your eyes bulge out your head, "HUH?" "Join me in the tub for at least and hour or two and I will get out."  "But- But-" Mermista just rolls her eyes at your shock. "Going once, going twi-" "Okay! But turn around so I can undress and I'm sitting behind you." Mermista shrugs at your commands, "Okay." After getting undress, you slide in behind Mermista, blushing hard. As soo as your in, Mermista leans back resting her head against your chest. "Relax, why are you so tense?" You didn't even notice you were tense, you were so caught up in how close you and Mermista was. You do relax and try and calm the beating of your heart. You sit in silence for a while before Mermista speaks again. "You know I heard you and Sea Hawk last week." You blush again, knowing exactly what she was talking about. Mermista sits up and turns her body around so she's sitting on your lap. "You know even without all the gifts and stuff, I'd pick you every time. That fling thing I had with Sea Hawk was to try and get over you... Obviously didn't work." You start smiling, hard, overwhelmed with happiness. "Can I kiss you?" Mermista rolls her eyes, "I just confessed to you and you think you have to ask to-" She gets cut off by you pulling her into a kiss. You pull away once you run out of air.

"I would choose you every time too. But while we are having a talk about feelings, you know it's okay to talk about how you feel or cry. You lost your kingdom, we lost our home, and it's okay to show how you feel about it, bottling it up isn't gonna help." At your words, Mermista lets out all the tears she had been holding in for the past week and a half. You just let her cry it out and pull her closer to you. "I got you, I'm not going anywhere." Mermista cries until she physically can't anymore. "Did that help?" You ask as she lifts her head from your shoulder. "Yeah." She smirks, "But now I have years worth of kisses to make up for." You know she wants to move on from her display of, what she calls, weakness. And you let her, knowing Mermista likes to be strong at all times and not show emotion. So you nod with a grin, "Yeah you do."

"Y/n has been gone for too long. I shall go check on them." The rest of the princess alliance just shrug their shoulders. Sea Hawk gets to the bathroom door and puts his ear against it to try and hear anything. When he doesn't, he just opens the door only to close it not even a second later. The princesses look up as Sea Hawk walks into the room with a facial of sadness and shock. "Are Mermista and y/n okay?" Glimmer asks. Sea Hawk nods his head, "More than okay."

(Why do I always put them in the tub for fluff? I won't do it every time, I swear. But any who, just finished LoK and... if that was not made in 2014 there better have been a kiss, point blank period. But that's what we got fan edits for. I don't know but sis is ready to read turf wars. And I got new imagine ideas for after I'm done with requests. If anyone wants to know, I have 4 more requests left after posting this one and one of the request will probably be a mini series because I have some ideas for it and it's kinda slow burn but not because this is an imagines book.)