It Takes Two To Tango Part 1

Request: There are two halos

Ava x Reader

Takes place after season 1.

"Alright I'm in." You say as you creep through the halls of the church. "Are we even sure this artifact is where you say it is? The Garden Tomb is a 20 minute walk from here and probably easier to get into." You say into your coms as you creep through the halls of the church. "I mean isn't this just like a rebuilt replica or been moved, I'm sure Jesus wasn't buried in the middle of a church." You continue your rant into the mic connected to your ear and can hear the tech guy groan at your questions. "It doesn't matter, even if the walls were rebuilt or redone what we need is in his tomb... And before you ask, no clearly not laid with him but under him."

You roll your eyes as you finally find the tomb. "You know I maybe agnostic but I feel like I'm going to hell for disturbing a tomb." "Like you haven't done that before." "Yeah well the tombs I usually disturb are undiscovered." You reply back to tech guy as you enter the tomb. "This area is ridiculously tiny but I'm inside."

"Alright, the artifact should be in the cement directly below his spine, now you can either blast it with small charges, make the news, and maybe destroy the artifact or you can drill it out." You take the backpack off that you had been wearing and pull out the small hand drill the tech guy had been talking about. "Usually I have no issue making the news but after seeing that video of nuns who can kick ass, I rather take my time." You slide the top of the tomb to the side and cover your face with your arm as dirt, dust, and dead people particles drift out. "Alright setting a timer for 10 minutes, that's when the next patrol comes in."

--- 5 Minutes Later ---

"Umm, Houston we have a problem." You say into your mic as you stare into the grave, eyes wide. "What? There's still a few minutes before the guards do a round." "Yeah this isn't about the guards. Whatever you have me unearthing is glowing." It's completely silent on the other end of your earpiece. "Hello?! It's glowing what do I do?" "The boss said keep going." You continue to drill as told and mumble to yourself as you do so. "Just keep drilling, just keep drilling, drilling... Not like there's some weird glowing thing that is getting brighter and brighter the closer I get..." Your inner dialogue pauses momentarily, "What exactly am I unearthing? I forgot to ask after seeing all those zeros."

"Based on what historians have been scarcely able to figure out, it's a literal halo." You keep drilling, "Like literal halo? Not Beyonce's "Halo"? And shouldn't this be on his head and not the middle of his back."

"60 seconds." Is all you hear in return and you know the tech guy is finally fed up with you. "Alright the halo has been unearthed, I am on route to the extract-- SHIT!" You cut yourself off as you grab the halo only to drop is when it burns your hand. You can immediately hear foots steps coming in your direction and you know if you don't act fast you would be surrounded.

You grab a towel from your backpack and quickly grab the halo and throw it into your backpack. "Hot, hot,hot!" "The van is outside and waiting but we have picked on police radio that they will be arriving in 3 to 5 minutes, you need to move." You hear the tech guy say into your ear, nervousness clear in his voice. "I know, I know, trust me I have gotten out of worse issues than this." You throw your bag onto your back, still feeling heat from the halo through the layers, and grab your Heckler and Koch USP match pistols (iykyk) and run out the tomb. "Police will be here in 1 minute!" You hear as you run towards the exit of the church, ducking as you hear gunshots and return some of your own. You burst through the doors and dive into the back of the van, only for it to zoom off without letting you close the door.

You look back at the church that you just escaped from and feel your heart drop. "Guys we should give this back right now!" You tell the tech guy as you take the backpack off and hold it to your chest. "What, why would we do that? Think of the payday y/n." You shake your head, yes you love the money that you get in your line of work but you'd always value your life more. "Did you not see who was chasing me?" The tech guy shakes his head and rolls his eyes, "It doesn't matter now we're practically miles away, they wouldn't be able to catch up to us now."

"You don't understand man. Do you not watch the news? Those crazy ass nuns that fought people? They were following me!" Now you got the tech guys attention, but it was already too late. "What-" Was the last thing you heard besides the screeching of tire and the feeling of your body becoming weightless as your body lifted into the air.