Korra x She-ra!Reader

(Female Reader)

You were a non bender and had been friends with Korra way before you found the sword. The two of you had been friends since childhood, before Korra and her parents even knew she was the avatar. You were even there when Korra found and took in Naga. When Korra was sent to the White Lotus compound, the White Lotus had tried to end all of Korra's friendships so she could focus on her training, but you would sneak into the compound almost every night. The guards were usually asleep half the time you snuck in, so it was never that hard to sneak past them.

You were there for Korra when she would reach new achievements, mastering water bending, fire bending, earth bending, etc. You had managed to befriend Katara, who had been the first to recognize the looks of love that you sent the avatar (reminding her of how Aang looked at her). So you didn't have to sneak in as often the older you got and would just go with Katara instead.

You didn't go to Republic City with Korra, which broke your best friend's heart. But she understood why, your mother had gotten sick from an unknown disease and someone had to watch your family bakery until she got better. The two of you would send letter through out the time of separation and all was going well, until your mother passed.

---

Her death had been sudden but not surprising. You had lied to Korra that your mother was getting better when in reality, the last family member you had was slowly slipping away. Not even Katara could heal your mother. You went into a deep depression soon after your mother's funeral and threw yourself into work. The more you worked, the less time you were alone with your thoughts, the less time you were stuck in an empty house. Slowly, but surely, your letters to Korra were blander and less frequent. Your love for her never faded, but the excitement in your life had.

Finding the sword was your saving grace. You didn't know how much longer you could last, all the days slowly meshing together into a mess. You had gone on a walk, not something you did often because it left you alone with your thoughts. But something had been, seemingly, calling out to you, urging you to walk. When feeling the urge, you didn't hesitate to follow it, maybe it was the spirits calling you home to be reunited with you mother.

A cave, a freaking cave... Is what you thought as you stood outside of it. By now, the snow that was falling softly had picked up and you knew you wouldn't be able to return home until it had calmed. You walked slowly into the cave, trying to make sure there was no wild animal inside of it. As you were checking the cave, a light caught your eye. You followed it to its source, interested in what shone so bright in cave so dark.

The sword was stabbed into the ground, vines wrapped around it. The light was coming from a bright blue crystal in the middle of the hilt. Who would leave such a beautiful sword here? You wondered as you walked closer to it, looking for traps or even a dead body. When you found nothing, you grabbed the sword and pulled it from the stones and vines. As soon as it released, a surge of power blasted you back and into the cave wall, knocking you out.

---

You kept and studied the sword after you had woken up in the cave, sword still in hand. You told no one else of what you had witnessed or found and studied in silence, continuing to run your bakery in the day time and practice with the sword through the night. The Legend of She-ra is what the sword was, or supposed to be. You read through the book that most people called a fantasy novel and not non-fiction. You read about the adventures of the best friend squad and a world called Etheria, that was filled with princesses and magic.

You had been confused of the reason that the sword had ended up on Earth but by doing more digging, you found that over thousands of years ago your earth had been Etheria. The magic of the planet slowly effecting everyone and giving them the ability to bend. You learned about how there was light and dark magic, what Raava and Vaatu were made of. How someone named Prince Peekablue created the spirit world with the last of their magic for loved ones to wait for each other before finding eternal peace. Having used their magical powers to see beyond perception to make what they imagined a reality and how the spirit world only became stronger and visible as the magic of the spirits grew.

You read how when the last She-ra, Adora, died the sword wouldn't work again until it was needed. You read how the sword was hidden for generations until the last of Adora's bloodline had died out and the sword was lost to the world. Luckily, there were instructions on how to use the sword and practice with it for when it was found. You thanked the spirits that Catra, Finn, and the other authors of the book had left such important information.

---

When Korra returned to the Southern Water Tribe, you weren't there. After greeting her parents and showed her friends were they would be staying, she ran off towards her best friend and crush's house. She had missed you since she left the South Pole and even more when you both stopped sending letters. She had tried to get over you and date Mako but it ended almost as fast as it happened. She hoped that being back at the South Pole would rekindle your friendship and maybe even let it go beyond that if she convinced you to return to Republic City with her.

---

"Korra! Slow down!" Bolin yelled at the avatar as she ran towards your family bakery. Korra just rolled her eyes at Bolin, "C'mon, if you keep up with me, I'll get you some food. They have the best kale cookies in the world!" Bolin's eyes lit up at Korra's proposal and managed to keep up with her the rest of the way. Both of them ignoring how Mako and Asami rolled their eyes at the two's childish behavior.

Korra reached the door to the bakery and attempted to enter, being confused when the door wouldn't budge. 'What the...?" Korra muttered as she looked through a window in the building to see that it was empty with chairs put on the tables. Bolin was sad that he wouldn't be getting cookie. Korra noticed someone standing across the street and ran over to ask about the bakery. "Excuse me? Excuse me!" "Huh? Oh wow your the avatar!" The kid said as Korra got their attention. "I... Um, yeah. Do you happen to know why the bakery's closed?" The kid looked around Korra and at the building she was motioning to. "Oh, yeah. The bakery hasn't been open for almost a month! It sucks too cause they had the best muffins." The kid said with a frown, causing Korra to frown as well. "A month..." She mumbled to herself, what had she missed while she was away?

Korra tried your house too but you weren't there. She let her friends go do whatever as she went to Katara to try and find you. "Katara!" Katara looks up from what she was doing and gave Korra a kind smile. "Korra, what can I help you with?" "Do you know where y/n is? Or her mom?" Korra asks hoping Katara knew and not liking it when Katara gained a frown on her face. "You mean y/n never told you? I had just assumed..." "Told me what?" Korra asks, worried at Katara's reaction. Katara lets out a sigh before responding, "Korra... Y/n's mother passed away. Y/n hasn't been the same since. A lot quieter, more reserved..." Katara just trails off, not knowing what to say, while Korra feels like the air got knocked out of her. "What..." Korra says, not really asking, with tears in her eyes. Your mom had been like a second mother to her growing up and hearing that she sick was bad enough but finding out she was dead and that you were dealing with it by yourself, hurt more than she could imagine. Katara pulls the young avatar into a hug trying to comfort her. "Y/n has been gone for almost a month. She told me she would be safe before she left. She didn't want me to worry." Katara says, hoping to lessen the worry on Korra.

---

You had left to go to the swamp where the Bayan-grove tree was located. You wanted to go to the spirit world and learn more about magic. You knew that only air benders were supposed to be able to go to the spirit world, but with the new knowledge of magic, you hoped you would be able to as well. So you went to the place most tapped into magic. The tree had grown right over where you read the heart of Etheria was located before all the magic in it got released. You meditated and and practiced with the sword everyday, wanting to master it and the other things it could turn into. You hoped that going to the spirit world could connect you with Mara or Adora or anything to help you know that you were the one meant to get the sword, that you were doing what you were supposed to do with the sword, and that you were ready to use it if need be. You weren't able to enter the spirit until Korra opened the first spirit portal.

---

You spent days in the spirits with a spirit that went by the name of Swift Wind. He was an alicorn that was the previous She-ra's animal companion, similar to how Aang had Appa and Korra had Naga. You had inquired about when you would be able to get an animal companion but Swift said that it had to happen naturally. You didn't know how long you had spent in the spirit world but it felt like days before you felt a sudden shift through out the spirit world. "What was that?' You ask Swift Wind as you felt a sudden disheartening feeling. Swift Wind lifts his horn into the air and you watch as his eyes get big. "Vaatu has escaped."