Adora x Reader R9

You sit up fast, breathing heavy and fast

You sit up fast, breathing heavy and fast. "Shit." You whisper, hoping you didn't wake Adora up. It's only been a week since the Horde was defeated and you and Adora have been run ragged helping people fix whatever the Horde broke. You got out of bed quietly, trying not to wake Adora up and go to the kitchen, hoping hot tea will calm you down. After making some, you decide to go back up to your room and sit on the bench next to the window. You stare out into the night and watch the stars. Having only seen stars for a week, it was still so weird to see the night sky lit up. You let out a small sigh, thinking back to your dream or nightmare. It had been about the heart and how Adora almost died before she could use the fail safe. Luckily, for some reason, you confessing your love for her ended up saving the day. But you still had all the thoughts of what if it hadn't worked, what if it had been to late, what if the fail safe didn't work, what if Adora had died. You know it was all in the past now but it was still scary to think about.

You heard movement from behind you and figured it was just Adora shifting around in bed. Until you felt her wrap her arms around your neck from behind you. "Why are you up? Come back to bed." You turn your head and give her a small smile, "In a minute, you go back though. You need your sleep." Adora pouts, knowing you can't resist it. "Please, we can cuddle and hug and I'll even turn into She-ra. You know you like it when I do that." You blush at her sentence, knowing that it was true. You wanted to agree but still couldn't get the dream out of your head. You grab one of her hands and give it a squeeze, "Just... just give me a minute, please." Your response concerned Adora, you usually always jumped at the chance to cuddle and hug her as She-ra. "Y/n? What happened, what's wrong?" You shook your head, "It was just a nightmare, nothing to worry about. I'm fine." Adora shook her head, knowing that you were lying.

She stood up from her hug and turned into She-ra before picking you up and carrying you to bed. She laid you down before getting into bed herself and pulled you on top of her. You shove your face into the crook of her neck and let a few tears slip. She-ra rubs you back to try and calm you down. "Care to tell me what happened." "It's just I keep thinking about what could have happened if you didn't make it. Or even if the fail safe failed." She-ra pulls you into her in a tighter hug. "But everything ended up okay, didn't it?" You nod your head, "Yeah." 

"How about I tell you what I saw before you saved me. It was like a flash to the future, I was so confused about what was happening. Then next thing I knew, you came up behind me and had the biggest stomach I had even seen! Wait... that came out wrong, you were pregnant. I remember being so shocked and then you were like, Come on lets go get our children some food, and I was just shook like, OUR CHILDREN, it was crazy. But before we could leave Catra, Glimmer, and Bow came running in and messing around. You got them to leave after threatening to not let them be aunts and uncles but it was all so surreal. And then of course Horde Prime had to ruin it. But seeing you like that, happy and carrying our children, made me fight harder to get back to you. I knew after seeing that, that the fail safe had to work that I had to be true about how I felt about you. I know we had been dating for a while before actually saying the L word and I was being a terrible girlfriend for a while but after seeing what my future could be like, was like a fresh of breath air and punch to the stomach at the same time. It was a breath of fresh air because I realized that it was all possible and a punch to the stomach because at that moment I knew that that possible future was endangered. I know you've been having some nightmares about what could have happened but you need to know that no matter what, it would end with me coming back to you. You, y/n, are the love of my life, the person I plan on marrying and having children in the future with, and I will let nothing stop that from happening."

After hearing Adora's little speech, you were crying again but this time it was happy tears. Hearing that Adora wanted a future with you gave you a great feeling. But you paused for a second and pulled back a little to look back at Adora. "Wait why am I the one carrying the children? That's gonna hurt!" Adora chuckles at your childishness before pulling you back into a hug. "That is a conversation for the future but until then how about some She-ra cuddles?" Now feeling better about everything that happened, you nod your head in excitement before shoving your head back into shoulder and neck, smiling. "I love you too by the way."