Katara x Reader R6

"ACHOO!" you sneeze waking Katara up, who is laying next to you

"ACHOO!" you sneeze waking Katara up, who is laying next to you. "Y/n?" "Sorry." You say sheepishly, you had been holding in that sneeze for a while now, not wanting to wake Katara up. You sniffle a little and try to ignore the aching in your throat. "I'm good Katara, go back to sleep." Katara, being half asleep, is worried but ultimately decides to fall asleep. You try to fall asleep to before feeling the sudden urge to throw up. "Shit." You mumble as you practically sprint out of bed and towards the bathroom. You getting up caused the bed to shake, waking up Katara again. "Y/n?" She asks again in confusion, before hearing you throw up in the bathroom. That finally alerts her and causes her to get out of bed as well. She opens the bathroom door to see you hunched over the toilet, dry heaving at this point. "Oh y/n." Katara says as she walks over to you before kneeling down next to you. She grabs a hair bow from the counter before tying your hair back. She sits there while you throw up, just silently rubbing your back. When you finally run out of stuff to throw up you lean back against the tub. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." You say, feeling bad that you woke her up. "It's fine, you're sick. I'm not gonna let you be by yourself." Katara stands up to grab you a cup of water and a mint. After using the water in the cup to get rid of the taste of barf, you flush the toilet and suck on the mint.

"Come on, let's go back to bed." Katara says as she helps you stand up. "Tomorrow I'll see about getting you some medicine." You nod your head before remembering a story she told you. "As long as I don't have to suck on a frozen frog." You tell her pointedly. Your statement gets a laugh out of her as she nods her head in agreement. "No frozen frogs, promise." You smile at her as she tucks you back into bed and puts a trash can next to your side of the bed. "If you need anything, wake me up okay?" "Okay, thank you, love you." You mumble out as you already start falling back asleep, throwing up taking a lot out of you. Katara smiles at how cute you look before going to her side of the bed and settling in.

When Katara awake the next morning, it's to the sound of you having a sneezing attack. Katara sighs, before rubbing your back in comfort. When you finish sneezing, you turn around to look at her. "Good morning." You say as you cup her cheek with your hand. Katara almost flinches at how clammy and cold your hand is. You pout at her reaction, causing her to roll her eyes at you. "Are you feeling any better this morning?" You nod your head a little, "I think so... I don't think I'll barf anymore." Katara nods her head at your response. "Okay, but you are on bed rest for the rest of the day. We can play board games or something, okay?" You nod your head, knowing that even if you disagreed, she would freeze you to the bed. "I'm going to get us some breakfast and tell the others that your sick." You nod your head as she gives you a kiss on the cheek. You frown, "Kisses?" You practically whine. Katara shakes her head, "No your sick and I don't wanna catch whatever you got."

Turns out eating doesn't help with whatever your sickness is. Every time you ate something, it came right back up in less than an hour. (Happened to me before and it sucked.) Katara gave up trying to feed you after it happened the second time. "I hope it's just a day sickness because if it's not we are going to have to take you to the doctors tomorrow." "Noooooo!" You say as you shove your face into her shoulder, you both were cuddling on the bed. "I don't like the doctors." "I know but if it lasts longer than a day we need to make sure nothing is super wrong with you." Katara says in a motherly tone. You just nodded your head knowing that there would be no point in arguing with Katara when she got into mother mode. You just hoped that it was just a day sickness because you hated the doctor.

"What has everyone else been up to?" "Well today is Yakone's trial, so Aang, Toph, and Sokka are in Republic City and Suki is with Zuko in the Fire Nation." You nod your head at her response, "I hope they finally put Yakone away, I know he has been a thorn in Aang and Toph's side since Republic City was established." "Yeah and we definitely don't need a blood bender running around the city." Katara says as shivers a little, thinking back to the time when she blood bended. You, knowing Katara so well after all these years, know exactly what she is thinking. "Stop Katara, what Yakone is doing is so much different than what you did years ago." She just nodded her head before pushing all the negative thoughts away. "How about we watch a movie before bed." "Ok but you still need to eat dinner." You reminded her. "No I don't want to eat in front of you or anything." "Katara, you not eating will make me feel bad. Plus now you can have those nasty sea prunes you and Sokka like so much." Katara laughs at the look of disgust that appears on your face. "I don't understand why you and Aang don't like sea prunes, they're delicious." "Yeah because your taste buds are broken." You say with a straight face causing Katara to laugh. "Fine I'll go eat but I expect a movie picked by the time I get back." "Yes ma'am." You say giving a small salute to her as she leaves.

Katara comes back less than fifteen minutes later. "Okay, so what--" She cuts herself off almost immediately, seeing you already fast asleep in bed. Katara shook her head in amusement, knowing that you were more tired than you let on. Katara cleans up the board games and any other messes the two of you had made through out the day before getting in to bed. She could never complain to an early night, knowing how the two of you got only a few of those. She leans over and leaves a kiss on your forehead, neck, and shoulder, like she does every night since the two of you started sharing a bed together. "Good night, I love you." She says knowing you wouldn't say it back, already being asleep. When Katara wake up the next morning, she is surprised to see you awake already. She smells coffee and turns over to see a mug of it on her night stand. "Good morning beautiful." You say giving her a cheesy smile. "Well I can see someone is feeling better." Katara says, glad to see you back to your usual self. "Yep all thanks to nurse Katara." You joke. Katara goes to respond, wanting to go along with your banter, before she feels the sudden rise of bile to her throat. Before you know whats going on, she is sprinting to the bathroom like you had done the night before. You follow after her and pull her hair back like she had done for you. "Guess it's my turn to be the nurse, should I go get some frozen frogs?" "Fuck off."