June x Reader R27

(You're 20 and June is 23)(Also I forgot Zuko met her earlier than the episode I'm referencing, sorry

(Also I forgot Zuko met her earlier than the episode I'm referencing, sorry.)
You are a female.

You had gone along with Zuko after his banishment. It's not so much that you were friendly with him anymore, it was more of an escape. You hated the Fire Nation, you never agreed with any of their ideals and kept your mouth shut when ever the subject was brought up. You had been acquaintances with Zuko for most of your life, especially after his mother left. Before she left Zuko and you were actually the best of friends. You would share everything with each other and complain about Azula together. You also both shared the fact that you had crushes on Azula's friends. Zuko with one for Mai and you with one for Ty Lee.

Sadly, Ty Lee never returned the feelings but you moved on. But after Zuko's mother disappeared Zuko closed himself off and turned his back on you, so it was a surprise when you showed up the day of his departure and joined him on his ship. The only person that knew your true intentions was Iroh. You spent almost every day with Iroh playing Pai Sho. You opened up to Iroh knowing he was someone you could trust. You never left the boat or fought against Team Avatar, so you would never be seen as a threat. The times you did think you found a place to start new, Zuko would end up getting hot headed and burn it down.

However now, walking into a loud and dimly lit bar, this could be your chance to leave. "The guy we talked to said the person we're looking for is named June." Zuko said as he walked towards the bar, slipping past burly men. Zuko gets up to the bar and leans against it with a scowl waiting for the bar tender to come over. The bar tender walks up to Zuko and looks at him expectantly. "I'm looking for someone named June." Zuko says getting down to business right away. The bar tender rolls his eyes before putting his hand out, waiting for something. Zuko looks down at his hand in confusion for a moment before you butt in. You hand the bar tender a 20, "Get me something to drink while you're at it." You say looking around the bar again. "Are you even old enough to..." The bartender says looking at you a little questioningly. You roll your eyes at the man, "A year short but I don't think that'll both anyone here." You say giving him a fake smile.

The bartender shrugs before pointing out June and going back to make your drink. June was in the middle of an arm wrestling match with a clearly buff and strong man. But it was pretty easy for her to beat him, she just waited so people could make more bets and get her more money. While waiting June looks over to the bar and sees you talking to the bar tender with a fake smile. You're attractiveness almost caused her to lose focus and the match. After noticing you, June almost immediately ends the match and collects her money. As she walks over to you, a old man and a kid tries to talk to her. She pushes through them, shouting a quick "Give me 5 minutes!" over her shoulder before walking up to you. She noticed that you finished your drink and flags down the bar tender. "Get 2 of whatever she's having." The bar tender nods before waking away to prepare the drinks.

"So... This your first time here?" June asks as she smoothly runs her fingers over your arm. She watches as you finally look up and your breath get caught in your throat. You recover quickly and let her hand wander back down your arm til you can grab her hand. When you do, you lift it and leave a kiss on her knuckles. "Yes but I should definitely consider coming back if the people in here look anything like you." You manage to say with confidence which was surprising, considering that you were shitting yourself talk to this woman.  You take a quick peek to the side to see Zuko and Iroh standing there waiting. You let out a sigh, "But first things first my companions did come here to get some help." You say nodding your head at Zuko and Iroh.

After some conversation and more drinks, you all head out. As you walk down the trail, with the Nyla leading the way, you look up to admire June some. On the other side of Nyla Zuko and Iroh were walking together. June could feel your eyes staring at her and decided to make a move. She turned to you and asked if you wanted to ride with her. Of course you said yes and hopped onto the back of Nyla. You had lost your earlier confidence and didn't know what to do with your hands. June's face showed a smirk as she watched you have an internal panic attack before grabbing your arms and wrapping them around her waist. You tended for a few minutes before relaxing and lean further into her warmth.

Zuko who had witnessed everything happen was about to say something but Iroh covered his nephew's mouth fast and shook his head no. Zuko wanted to argue but they arrived to where the avatar was and almost immediately got attacked. Now you weren't one for fighting, especially since you didn't agree with the Fire nation but the second Nyla accidentally hit June with her tongue, you jumped in. You didn't attack any of the Avatar's friends, you just protected June til they left. Seeing you not attack them caused some confusion in the Avatar friend group but they gave a nod of understanding before they ran away. It seemed like there was now a mutual understanding that you didn't really want to capture them and that you had just protected your friend.

Of course once Nyla's effects wore off, Zuko was overly pissed off at you. "How could you let them go!? This was my chance to regain my honor!" Zuko says as he walks up to you and gets into your face. June tenses and puts herself in front of you, trying to assert dominance and make Zuko back away. Zuko just glares at her instead, "And you get that thing ready, they couldn't have gotten far!" Before June could retaliate, you pushed in front of her and got into Zuko's face. "Alright you need to chill out! Not everyone here lost their honor and are hellbent on catching the Avatar! June did exactly what you paid her to do and Nyla is hurt and can't smell anything right now! You should go find the Avatar for yourself!" You yell at him before walking towards June and Nyla. You had been talking while waiting for the effects to lessen and you had convinced her to let you be her bounty hunting partner.

"You come back here right now! I am your prince!" Zuko says in even more rage, lighting up fire balls in his hands. You freeze as you walk away and look up to see June looking at you with some worry in her eyes. You shake your head and turn around to look at Zuko. "Don't you dare start that crap with me right now Zuko! You are not a prince, you were banished, disgraced! You haven't been anything close to a prince since the day your mother left you! I have been there for you everyday but you always pushed me away! I honesty hope to spirits that one day you get your head out of your ass and realize how fucked up the Fire nation is and how far you are going to get the approval of a man who is never going to love you!"

You take a deep breath after all your yelling and feel a little guilty at the pain you see in Zuko's eyes. As much as you felt bad about saying all that stuff, you knew it was true. "I hope that one day we meet again and that you're on the right side of history." You say before turning back around and walking towards June and Nyla. When you get to them, June pulls you into a hug seeing how defeated you looked. You honestly loved Zuko like a brother but sometimes you wish he would open his eyes. You look up at June as you hug, "Let's just leave now... please." June gives you a kiss on the side of your head before getting into June and pulling you up behind her. As you start moving, you shake yourself out of the funk you were in and wrap your arms around June with a smile. "So where to next?" June turns her head to look at you, your face a lot close than anticipated. "Anywhere you want." She says, giving you a kiss on the cheek before turning back around. You looked forwards with a slight blush in your cheeks and a big smile. "Anywhere I want."