Jinora x Reader

(I really do be getting the urges to type at night when my computer is downstairs charging. Like that junk is mad annoying😭. And I hope it's clear that I try to make these imagines as gender neutral as possible. But sometimes it's hard and I mess it up, so if I mess that up in any of my imagines feel free to say something and I'll try to fix it.)

Ages:
Jinora- 16
Kai- 16
You- 17

You had been around the air bending family since you could walk, much to your mothers dismay. Your mother was Lin Beifong and you were the product of a very drunk one night stand that made her realize that men weren't that great. She loved you either way and was pretty strict on you, remembering how loose her mother had been with her and Su. She also made sure to give you attention when she could, sometimes it was hard with being the Chief of Police. Luckily you understood how important her job is and would spend days on Avatar Island when Lin got too busy with work. You also liked hanging out on Avatar Island for two other reasons. One being that no one made fun of you for being the child of Lin Beifong and grandchild of Toph Beifong, two powerful benders, and being a non bender. Also Jinora lived on Avatar Island. You and Jinora had grown up together and at some point in time your platonic feelings for her turned into something more. Of course you never told her, your mom was Lin Beifong, Tenzin's ex-girlfriend. And if that wasn't bad enough you didn't know if she even liked you back or if you deserved her, being a non bender and all. Even though you were a non bender your mom made sure you could fight and you spent time practicing air bending moves with Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo, you even are able to go through the swinging walls with ease now.

When harmonic convergence happened, you went with the Avatar team to the South Pole. You know you couldn't do anything to help really, but you wanted to be there when Jinora woke up. And you were, after pulling her grandma into a tight , she noticed you over Katara's shoulder and after the hug threw herself into your arms. You buried your head into her shoulder and squeezed her super tight. You almost told her your feelings then and there, after realizing you could have lost her or the world could have ended today. But you refrained from doing so because of the big clean up everyone had to deal with. But you made sure to flirt more with her or compliment her, just trying to get her to blush. You even flirted with her in front of Tenzin, much to his dismay. One day, after Bumi had showed everyone he could air bend, you wished you could do the same too. So you found a quiet patch of grass, away from prying eyes and meditated, which was something you enjoyed doing even if you weren't an air bender. While meditating, your thoughts kept going back to Jinora who was showing Bumi air bending moves with Tenzin, Ikki, and Meelo. When suddenly you felt something in you shift and when you opened your eyes you were in the middle of the training area, Tenzin, Bumi, Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo all staring at you in shock. "How did I get here?" you asked, looking around for an answer. When you looked down you noticed that you were blue and floating above the ground. "Ahhh what happened!? Am I a ghost!?" "No your doing spiritual projection! Like I can do, that's amazing." Jinora said in awe, making you blush. "How do I stop? Does this mean I can air bend?"

Turns out you could bend, which led you to where you are now, in the Northern air temple. After releasing all those air benders from the Queen of Ba Sing Se, you didn't like her. You also didn't like this new kid Kai and it's not because of his past or anything like that. It was the fact that Jinora started practically ignoring you and spent all her time hanging and blushing around Kai. What you hadn't known was that Kai was encouraging her to confess her feelings to you, all those blushes you witnessed were over you. After watching Jinora blow up on Tenzin, you waited 10 minutes before going after her, wanting her to calm down some before hand. When you got to her, you saw her and Kai standing on the railing about to fly away. You heart at the fact that Jinora was just gonna leave without you. You turn to leave but accidentally kick a rock making noise. When you look back you see Jinora blushing and Kai sporting a big grin, making you smile back nervously. "Hey y/n, we were gonna go see some baby bison if you want to come with us." Kai offered, taking a quick peek at Jinora with a smirk. "Sure." you say awkwardly, not really wanting to go but you needed to talk to Jinora at some point.