Leah Rilke x Reader

Tumblr Request

*TW- Death*

You had known Leah since before the whole thing with Jeff happened. You were her bestfriend since kindergarten, neither of you having a big friend group and mainly stuck to each other with the addition of Ian from time to time. You were completely against what was going on with her and Jeff and you both didn't talk while she was "dating" him. The two of you didn't talk again until Leah accused you of sending Jeff her birth certificate.

"I can't believe you would do something like that!" Leah yells at you as you sat on a bench outside of school waiting for your mom to pick you up. You use to have Leah drive you home but stopped once the two of you stopped talking. "What the hell are you talking about?" You say as you look up from your book and see Leah standing over you. You put a hand against your forehead to block out the sun from your eyes. "Don't act dumb. I know you sent Jeff my fucking birth certificate." Leah states aggressively. You stand up and get in her face, not liking how angry she was getting at you for no reason. "I don't know what the hell your talking about. I may be against whatever the hell is going on between you and Jeff but that isn't my business. So whatever happened with this birth certificate wasn't me. Now if you'll excuse me, my mom is here." You say as you look past Leah and see your mom's car. You grab your bag from the bench and walk around Leah. You throw your bag in the back seat and pause before opening the passenger door. "I hope next time we talk... You're calm and find whatever your looking for." You state and open your door and get in before Leah could respond. You buckle in and let out a deep breath. "Are you guys okay?" Your mom asks as she pulls away from the curb. You lean your head against the car window and look into the rearview mirror. You watch as Leah turns around to watch your mom's car go down the street. "I don't know."

---

You don't talk again until you get a call from Leah weeks later. She's crying through the whole call and by time she finished calling you were only a block away from her house, having run two blocks already. "I-- Open your window..." You say trying to catch your breath as you reach her house and jump the fence into the backyard. You climb the tree like you use to do almost every weekend and climb into her room. You pause to catch your breath again and take in the scene in front of you. Leah laying on her bed crying, clothes thrown around the room, Jeff's book laying open on the floor. You walk closer to Leah slowly and sit on the edge of it. "What happened?" "You were right... About everything, Jeff was a mistake and I fell for it. I should have listened to you-" Leah cuts herself off as she starts sobbing again. You moved in closer and wrapped your arms around her. "What else happened? It looks like more than just Jeff is affecting you." You say as your rub her back and try and comfort her. "I sucked this guy off at a party..." She starts off and you cringe, eww boys. "Ian kissed me and we almost had sex but it reminded me too much of losing my virginity to Jeff. It just reminded me too much." Leah kept repeating as you repositioned yourself so she was laying on top of you, cuddling into your neck. "It's okay, let it all out. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere."

You don't know how long you've been laying in the same position but Leah had finally stopped crying and her breathing had evened out. You push some of her hair behind her ear to check if she was asleep, she wasn't, so you just lean run your hand through her hair in a comforting way. Leah sits up suddenly, straddling your waist. You stare up with wide eyes as she leans over you, hair surrounding both of your faces like a curtain. "Help me forget." She mumbles as she glances down at your lips before making eye contact. "Wha-- I--" You stutter out, you had always had a crush on your friend but it felt wrong to take advantage of that while she was going through things emotionally. "Leah... You're not thinking straight. I know what happened with Jeff, Ian, and that guy from the party hurt but us fucking is not the answer." You state as your heart beats faster and faster as she leans down closer to your face. "Please, just this once." She asks as her eyes bore into yours, full of hurt and need. You feel your resolve crumble almost immediately, "Just this once."