Nora Reid x Reader Part 3

You laid on the cot as you watched the clock hands slowly turn, signifying the time. It was about 3am, it's been... what? 3 days since you slept? Maybe more? You don't really know anymore, all the days seemed to blur together. You were excited though, later in the day you would get to see the girls for the first time in, what you would guess, weeks. You were excited but also scared because you knew she wouldn't be there and that would make everything so much more real, make what happened real. You watched as the hours passed, you laid incredibly still so the people watching you would think you were asleep. You didn't trust them, maybe Agent Young... very strong maybe.

You "awoke" several hours later as Dr. Faber and Agent Young opened the door to your room, informing you to get ready and that they would be back in an hour. You slowly got out of bed as they left and looked at yourself in the mirror. You looked like complete shit. You had lost a lot of too much weight since arriving to the facility. You hadn't taken care of yourself at all and only ate when you were absolutely starving. The bags under your eye were more prominent than they had been on the island since Nora wasn't there to fight away the nightmares.

You don't even want to think about the nightmares that now fill your head every time you sleep or close your eyes. You've seen too much death in your life, so much that it's all you see when you close your eyes. Your brothers eyes staring into the side of your head as you both sat upside down in his car. Your mother's cold dead eyes staring straight at the door to her bedroom, so that when you walked in it was the first thing you saw. The weight of Jeanette's body in your hands as you all walked her to her grave, only for her body to disappear some weeks later.

You close your eyes and remember the day you lost Nora, the fear that ran through your veins as she sprinted into the water towards her sister. You remember trying to go out after her, to stop her or help her you didn't know. You remember being held back by Dot as you all watched the scene before you. You remember screaming so hard you couldn't speak for days afterwards, not that you wanted to anyways. You remember the feeling of throwing up when... most of her body washed ashore a few hours later. You were a shell of yourself the rest of the time on that god forsaken island. The girls would try and be there for you but you would push them away. They would try and tell you that Nora would want you to move on take care of yourself, but you had heard that before. After your brother died, after your mother died, and now after Nora died but nothing ever gets better.

---

You follow Agent Young and Dr. Faber as they lead you to a room that had no roof and let you feel the sun on your skin for the first time in weeks. You enter after a second of hesitation, having half the mind to ask the two men to take you back to your room. You push the door open and listen as all the talking stops and the girls look at you. You give them all a nervous smile, knowing you look worse than you did on the island, minus the sun burn. The girls each take a turn hugging you, Rachel hugging you last and holding you as tight as she could. All the girls looked at you with worry on their face. You ignore the stares, knowing they all felt your ribs through the hug. "So what were you guys talking about?"

---

"When need them alive you absolute idiot!"

---

You and the girls stood on a boat as you watched the island you were trapped on, the building you were trapped in disappear. You held your stomach tightly not wanting the other girls to worry about you. "I can't believe were actually out..." Dot states for everyone, the joy on everyone's face clear as day. "I am sorry that I ever called you crazy." Rachel said to Leah with a laugh. The other girls start talking excitedly about hat their going to do when they return home, ignoring the sadness and loss they all felt for the time being. You didn't join the others and sat down on a seat in the corner of the room. You removed your hand from your shirt before returning it to cover the bullet wound in your stomach, your shirt now sporting a rapidly growing red spot as the shirt got wetter with your blood and started sticking to your body. None of the girls seem to notice until Fatin turns to you, wanting you to join in the conversation, and notices your head lolling to the side and blood dripping down from your shirt.

"Y/n!" She yells out in pure fear as she crossed the room to you. The other girls now notice how you were struggling to stay awake and try to encourage you to be strong while Leah looked for a first aid kit. "It's... mmmm... is okay guys..." You slur out as our try to hold yourself together for a little while longer. If you weren't bleeding profusely, the girls would have thought you were drunk. "I'm ready to go home." Shelby holds your hand as you speak. "We know y/n, so we need you to stay awake so we can get you there." You shake your head at her words. "No home." You state as you let your head fall back and stare at the ceiling. "Zeke... Mom... Nora..." You lean your head back up as black spots dance across your vision.

You frown as you see the other girls in tears, Leah having returned empty handed. "'m sorry." You say as you reach your non-bloody hand out to one of the girls. Toni ends up grabbing it and runs her thumb soothingly across the back of your hand. "It's okay bud." She says as she pushes hair that got in your face being your ear. You give each of them a small smile as you feel yourself start to slip unconscious. "tell her... you said hi." You say to everyone as you looked at Rachel before letting go, making sure to close your eyes.

---

"Nora?"

"Y/n."