Adora x Reader x Catra

(I didn't want to have too many time skips in my first imagine, so there will be maybe 2 or 3 flashbacks and a time skip.)

You and what was left of the rebellion had finally reached Mystacor in hopes of finding the Fail safe to the Heart of Etheria. Walking through the hallway that had appeared after Shadow Weaver opened a secret passage, all you could think about was how you got to this moment in time. How crazy your life had been.

Growing up in the Horde hadn't been fun to say the least. Everyone there was serious and uptight. But you had always had Adora and Catra there for entertainment, y'all were the three musketeers of the Horde. Until you weren't...

Flashback #1

You and Catra had been sent to find Adora after she had disappeared the night before. "This is completely ridiculous!" Catra practically shouts, annoyed, "Adora leaves and suddenly we're the ones to blame? She left by herself, with her own free will." You were a little annoyed to say the least, but the feeling of worry about why Adora hadn't come back last night smothered any other feelings you had. "Well at least you get to drive a tank." You said with a little enthusiasm to try and keep the air light and hopefully calm down Catra some. She just grumbles in response before focusing back on what's in front of her. You sigh and just lean back hoping to get Adora back fast and return home.

*time skip*

You sit up slightly hearing what sound like firing in the distance. "What's that noise?" You ask Catra. "We must be near Thaymor, that's were the attack was scheduled for today." She seems a little pissed that she wasn't in on that mission. "Well why don't we take a little detour and see what this baby can do, besides it's not like we can't find Adora later. She couldn't have gone that far walking." You honestly only suggested taking a detour because you were getting bored of looking for someone in a semi dense forest. Plus who didn't like blowing things up. Catra smiled at you slightly before nodding her head and changing course, heading for Thaymor.

*time skip... again*

"Catra, look, is that..." "Adora." You and Catra quickly got out of the tank and ran towards Adora. "Adora!" Catra yelled. Adora looked up confused, "Catra? y/n?" "Who else?" you joked slightly, relieved to see her in one piece. "They let me drive a tank. Believe it?" said Catra, happy to see her friend as well. "I don't understand. Why are you here?" Adora looked around at the other tanks confused. "Uh, duh, we came to find you..." "More like Shadow Weaver made us" you interrupted. Catra rolled her eyes, "Whatever but I mean the whole "Cover for me, Catra. No one will even know I'm gone." Did you just get immediately captured right after you snuck out--? What are you wearing?" she looked at Adora questioningly. Adora took a flower out of her hair and threw it to the ground. "It doesn't matter but we need to stop all this!" You looked around confused, "Stop all what?" "What do you mean what, this is a civilian town not one full of insurgents! This is all wrong! Shadow Weaver and Hordak and all of them have been lying to us!" Adora said freaking out a little. "Duh! Did ya just figure that out? Manipulation is Shadow Weaver's whole thing. She's been messing with our heads since we were kids!" Catra said, seeming kinda shocked that Adora just realized all of that. "How could you be okay with that? y/n?" Adora looked at you to see if you had known all along as well. You just shrugged, "It didn't really matter to me, we always had each other to watch each others backs. Can we just go home now?" You reached your hand out towards Adora, expecting her to take it. "I can't, not when I know what I know now." Adora said shaking her head slightly and backing away from your hand. You dropped you hand slowly in disappointment before looking at Catra and nodding your head.

Catra swiftly shocked Adora. "Shit that wasn't supposed to be that strong." Adora tried standing up again but Catra quickly shocked her again. "Sorry! It was a reflex!" Adora laid on the ground in pain. "You guys could come with me, we could fix all this." You looked down at Adora, "Adora whatever this little identity crisis is that is happening needs to end right now. If we don't bring you back with us Shadow Weaver will have our heads. So please lets just go home." Just as you were about to reach down and pick Adora up, you get hit with a giant flash and get thrown into a tree. Hitting you head knocking you out. (Because I don't feel like writing out a fighting scene.)

When you slowly wake up you see a blonde princess destroy all your tanks. You look around trying to find Catra and see her standing next to a tree a few feet away from you. You stand up slowly, trying to use the tree to hold up your weight. Catra sees you struggling and rushes over to you, putting your arm around her shoulders and one of her arms around your waist. You looked at her with a thankful expression before you both turned back to the scene in front of you. You watched as the blond princess turned into Adora. Your eyes widened slightly before making eye contact with her. Adora slumps to knees and you can see her mouth your and Catra's names. You take a slight step back before looking at Catra, who seems to have a angry and pained expression. You take one last look at Adora who is being helped up by a princess and a boy, keeping her eyes on you and Catra. And then you feel Catra pulling you away through the smoke and away from Adora. And you let her.

Flashback End

(So I lied about the time skips, whoops. There will be a part 2 but I decided to try and end all my imagines when they hit 1,000 words, or as close as I can get to it.)