Glimmer x Reader R7 Part 1

Moving to Bright Moon was never in the game plan, but sometime things don't go the way you expected

Moving to Bright Moon was never in the game plan, but sometime things don't go the way you expected. Growing up, your life had never been easy, being born with both reproductive systems will do that to you. Even in your parents village you were bullied, teased, and beat over how you were born. After your grandparents died there was nothing keeping your family in that village, so y'all left. You want to say that that was the last time you moved, but that would be a lie. You tried to stay as a nobody, never making too much noise, never drawing attention to yourself, just trying to stay in the background. Of course, it would only be so long before someone found out and the bullying started again. Luckily, you had an escape, sword fighting. Your father worked as a guard in all the villages you lived in and taught you everything he knew. He was even a personal guard in Bright Moon before he quit to return home to his village and raise you. Whenever a day would be too hard or the bullying would be too much, you would go into the woods and practice everything he taught you. When he first wanted to teach you, he made it clear that you didn't have to go through with learning it, that he could teach you something else. But once you held the hilt of a sword in your hand for the first time, you were absolutely in love with it. You thought that whenever you did move to Bright Moon, your dad would be around to show you what he used to do, where all the fun places would to hang out or do stuff would be. Sadly, that was not the case.

*Flash Back Start*

"Get off of me!" You yell as you get pushed against the wall in between houses. You had just run out to get some milk that your mom needed for dinner and now you were being cornered by the village leaders drunk son. "Come on... I'm just tryna have a good timeeee." He slurs leaning forward and pushing your shoulders harder against the wall. "Bro your drunk, get off me!" The guy rolls his eyes, "C'mon don't be a... party pooper!" He giggles at his own joke. By now, you would have pushed this dude off of you and ran away, but he is like 6'6" and 250 pounds of pure muscle. Before you can even think, he forces his hands down your shorts and then jumps away in repulsion. "What the... the hell is wrong with youuuu?" Now that he was off of you, all you could do was run. So that's what you did, you ran straight home and told your parents what happened.

They immediately started packing things up to leave, knowing how close minded the village leader was and how he dealt with "abominations", as he liked to call people who were different. You were finally packing the last of your clothes when someone bangs on the front door. "Open up! We just want the abomination!" You could tell that that was the village leader from how gruff his voice was. How did the son already tell his father? He was drunk out of his mind! You thought as you threw the last of your clothes into your bag. You threw your back bag on and held your dad's favorite sword in your hands. "How are we gonna get out?" Your mom asked your dad. "We'll have to leave out the back." You all turn around with the intent to break down the back wall but before you could take a step, they set the back on fire. Now you were officially scared out of your mind. "What now!?" Your mom asked, fear clear in her voice. Your dad pulled you and your mom into a hug, while looking around. 

The back wall had completely burned down by this point. Your dad left the hug and grabbed a jacket for each of you after soaking it in water. "We are going through the back wall." As scared as you were, you didn't want to die and quickly shrugged on the jacket. After jumping out the back wall, you quickly took of the jacket that was now steaming. "They went out the back!" You heard someone yell and turned around to see a group of people with torches and pitchforks. Pitchforks? Really? You thought before you took off running with your mom. When you looked back to look at the mob, you saw that your dad was still standing their, letting the mob run at him. "Dad come on!" Your dad shook his head giving you a smile before drawing out a sword. You still had his favorite sword in your hand, it now being your most prized possession. "I'll slow them down! You need to get out of here!" "Dad! No please!" "It's okay. I love you guys." Your dad say before clashing with the mob. You wanted to run back but your mom was already pulling you away. "But mom! Dad!" You said, fighting against your mom, trying to go back towards your father. "We have to go now. I don't want to leave your father either but we need to run." 

As much as you hated, you knew your mom was right. So you both turned around and took off. You were on the run for about a week before you finally stumbled into Bright Moon. Needing a place to stay, your mom got a job at a bakers stand. The money she got went towards building a house for the both of you. Even though your mom quickly rose through the ranks and became a prominent and popular baker in only a few short months, it wasn't enough money. Some weeks she would need to choose between buying food for the house or for her bakery. You always told her to spend it on her bakery so she could get more money by next week. Over the months your mom was working and after the house was built, you spent it honing your sword fighting skills. For hours a day, you were outside sword fighting on a practice dummy. Your fathers sword sat above the fire place and you would stare at it every night. It was what fueled you to push forward with your swordsmanship, so you could protect people who can't protect themselves like your father had done for you those months ago.

*Flash Back End*

Now that it was winter, your mom's bakery was struggling some and money was spent on baking supplies rather than food. So you decided it was time for you to get a job and to honor your fathers memory, you went to apply to be a Bright Moon guard. You luckily you got the position. They had you fight all the guards, starting from worst to best, to see where you should be placed. You beat almost all the guards except for the top three. You expected to be placed with them and do whatever they do. But unknown to you, a certain princess had been watching you and she was absolutely enamored with you. She may have also convinced her mom to make you her personal guard.

(I didn't show the whole request because it's going to be multiple parts and didn't want to blast everything. It's also gonna be a imagine book slow burn, so like medium burn.)