Adora x Reader x Catra Part 5

"For the loyalty of Lionheart!" (Cringy ik, but you're like a knight and knights are loyal or whatever) You yelled, you honestly don't know why, it just felt like you were supposed to say it. As you yelled it though, you felt yourself change? Is this what Adora feels like every time she changes? You wonder. However, you don't dwell on that thought long as your realize your friends are still trapped by dark magic. So you send out a big wave of magic, blasting all the dark magic away and Micah back down the hallway more than likely unconscious. (Image above is what you look like, except the helmet looks like this; but without the face netting)

 (Image above is what you look like, except the helmet looks like this; but without the face netting)

Everyone turns to look at you in shock. You look at the sword and your armored arms in shock as well. As you feel a sudden wave of exhaustion hit you and you stumble down the stairs, falling forwards and changing back to normal. Luckily Melog appears at the bottom of the stairs to catch you on his back before letting you roll off into Catras arm. She seemed pissed, "What the hell was that?! I know I told Adora not to do it but why would you do that! Now that the failsafe is tied to you, you could die!" As Catra is talking she lifts you into a standing position before pushing you backwards and into Adoras arms. "Catra..." you say trying to grab her arm as she walks away but your still too tired to move much. You look up at Adora who was now holding you up from behind, arm wrapped firmly around your torso. She was already looking between you and Catra with a sad expression. "It wasn't supposed to go like this." She said as she shakes her head, her frown deepening. "This was supposed to be my destiny. I was supposed to take the failsafe. I should be the only one at risk."

*Time skip*

Today was the day, you were prepared for this... Right? Well it didn't matter now, the plan was set in motion. You, Bow, and Glimmer would go to the heart. While everyone else did whatever they were told to do. You had honestly stopped listening after hearing who was going with you. Catra had sadly disappeared the night before, Adora said she left on her own terms. Her departure is all you could think of at the moment. You knew there was a possibility of you dying when you use the failsafe and you don't want the last memories you had of Catra being her walking away from you angrily.
Before you knew it, it was time to head separate ways from the others and Adora. As everyone said their goodbyes and good lucks, all you could manage to do was smile. Everyone either pulled you in for a hug or patted you on the back returning your smile with a small sad one of their own. You all knew that this could be the last time you see each other. When you got to Adora the tears you had seemingly been holding back, slowly started to fall. You threw your arms around her neck tightly, reveling in the feeling of being close to her for possibly the last time. You shoved your face into where her neck and shoulder meet and her arms tightened around your waist. You backed away from her slightly before cupping her face in your hands, thumbs wiping away her tears that were going down her face. She leaned her head into your hand before opening her eyes. You smiled at her slightly before putting your foreheads together. "You got this. No matter what happens, this all ends today. After this Horde will be no more and the universe will be safe." You say, trying to be encouraging, who you were trying to encourage more wasn't exactly clear. "But at what cost?" Adora mumbles out, opening her eyes again but this time to study your face, just in case. You opened your eyes to look at her face as well, before connecting your eyes with hers. "One life is not worth millions." "But it is to me." This was it, you thought. You had been waiting for this moment for years. Honestly, if you didn't know you could die in the next couple of hours, you would have pushed away already. But f it, you would probably never get this moment again. So you did what you had been wanted for the past couple of years, we'll half of what you've wanted.  You closed your eyes again before pushing your lips on to Adoras. Thankfully she kissed back or you would have been mortified. You threw all the love you had felt for her into that kiss before pulling away, noticing that her eyes were still closed.  "Now go save the world." You said as you squeezed her hand one last time before turning to walk away. Knowing that it honestly hurt more to leave now than it did 10 minutes ago.

*T-t-t-TIMESKIP*

This was taking way to long in your opinion. It felt like you, Bow, and Glimmer had been walking down the same door way forever. "Are you sure this is the right way?" Bow said impatiently. You nodded your head, "This is the way Adora said to go and I feel like something is pulling me this direction." "But shouldn't something h-" "Y/N" you turned around quickly hearing your name being called. It sounded like Catra. You turned to start running towards were your name was being called. Leaving Bow and Glimmer behind confused. You came up to another hallway, that you swear wasn't there before. But what you saw ahead of you was weird. It was Adora and Catra as kids. It was weird to see but they kept getting older the closer they got to you. Before they stopped right in front of you, both of them holding hands. "What are you doing here? I thought you lef-" As you were speaking, you had lifted your hands to cup each of their cheeks. However, right as you touched their cheeks, they pixelated and blew away. Right as they did you felt Bow and Glimmer pull you away from the ledge you were on. You turned back around and started down the hallway you had already been walking in. The scenery soon changed into the vault at Mystacor, where you go your sword. You ran towards it as fast as you could telling back to Bow and Glimmer that you need to do this alone, the walls closing behind you. You reach the sword and taking a deep breath before going to grab it. As soon as you touched it everything turned dark.