Adora x Reader x Catra Part 7

Catra distracted the monster as Adora and Shadow Weaver put your arms around their shoulders and walked towards the door, towards the heart. You wanted to put up a fight but you were feeling swore and tired. You kept looking back to see Catra running around and dodging the monster, throwing in a scratch here or there. "Catra..." "We need the heart, don't let her distract you." Shadow Weaver said, still pulling you forward. However, after a couple of second you hear Catra yell out in pain. You pulled your arms off of Shadow Weavers shoulders as fast as you could. While also trying to pull Adora back towards where Catra is. "No, we can't leave her... I can't leave her again. Leave me here and go back, save Catra." you say before releasing yourself from Adora and sliding down the wall into a sitting position. "But-" "No go." You cut Shadow Weaver off immediately. She just shakes her head before going back with Adora. While they're gone you lean against the wall holing onto your side in pain. As you look down you realize the green lines are growing and making their way up your body. "Shit."

*With Adora, Catra, and Shadow Weaver*

"Your welcome..." "NO!" Catra yelled, banging against the magic barrier. But it was too late, Shadow Weaver was gone. Catra fell to her knees and felt Adora wrap her arms her, hugging her. "Come on, we need to get y/n and get to the heart." Adora said as she pulled Catra up, hugging her tightly before letting go to walk away. "Adora." Catra said causing Adora to turn around. Catra grabbed Adora by the wrist before pulling Adora into her and kissing her. Catra moved her arms around Adora's waist as Adora gently cupped her cheeks, kissing back. When they pulled back they hugged again, tighter this time. "Come on, lets end this." Adora said before grabbing Catras hand and started walking back to you.

When they get back to you your shoulders are slumped and your head is hanging. "y/n?!" Adora yells, letting go of Catras hand. you lift your head up, "Took y'all long enough, where's Shadow Weaver?" As you ask the question Catra wraps her arms around herself and Adora just looks away. Your eyes widen in surprise and you feel tears gather in your eyes. "Oh... I didn't expect it to hurt this much." Adora and Catra pull you into a group hug before lifting you up and wrapping your arms around their shoulders. As your walking towards the heart you look at the two girls helping you walk. You smile slightly realizing that they will always have each other even when your gone. You finally arrive at the heart and honestly it was bigger than you thought it would be. You take your arms off of their shoulders and grab your sword from the holster you have across your back. Your turn to face Adora and Catra and grab their hands. You pull them both into a hug, being careful with your sword to not accidentally stab them. You feel tears threatening to fall as you let go of them. You put your hands on their cheeks before pulling their heads in to connect your foreheads with theirs. "This is it. It all ends here." You whisper before pulling away. "I don't really know whats gonna happen so y'all might want to leave before." You say as you start pulling away before Catra grabs your hand. "No I may have made mistakes in the past but I am staying, no matter what, I am staying." "Yeah, we made it this far together we're not gonna leave now." Adora says agreeing with Catra.

You smile at both of them before turning around and holding up your sword. "For the loyalty of Lionheart!" As you said that, instead of feeling the rush of power you did the first time all you felt was pain. "Ah!" You yelled as you dropped your sword and fell to your knees, holding your hand back to your right side. "y/n!" Adora and Catra yelled before running to you and holding you up on your knees. "Whats wrong?" "Whats happening?" They both asked simultaneously. "Its too late." You groan, "What ever that monster hit me with has spread, its too late." "What no its not we still ha-" Adora is cut off by the heart suddenly pulsing as it started to turn green. "Horde Prime is hacking into the heart." Catra says looking scared now. "Its too late. We failed, I failed." You said punching the ground, before falling forward again in pain. Adora and Catra laid you down in between them, "Hey, come on, we can still fix this... somehow." Adora said looking around. You just shook your head and started letting the pain take over, getting weaker and weaker. "Hey stay awake you cant give up now." You just shake your head again before passing out, the last thing you remember seeing is Adora and Catra looking down at you with tears in their eyes and the feeling of them shaking you, trying to keep you awake.

When your eyes open again your laid on a bed, a very fluffy bed. You looked around confused before seeing a older looking Adora staring at a indoor water fall. "What-" You start to say before you get cut off by an older Catra running into the room with and older Glimmer chasing her. You sit there, completely dumbfounded, as they talk. Bow eventually comes in and takes Glimmer out the room. You watch as Adora and Catra give each other a quick peck on the lips before holding out their hands to you. In your confusion you get out of bed and reach for their hands. As soon as you touch their finger tips they glitch away and are replaced by Horde Prime. You take a few steps back in shock. As he looks at you, you catch a brief flash of confusion. "Hmm, I did not expect this, won't matter anyways. What you witnessed was a flash of what you want your future to be, what you dream of it to be." He looks around and lets out a small laugh. "It wont matter now, I have almost full control of the heart. You were too late, you failed." With a quick flip of his wrist your binded and sent into darkness.

You freak out and shake trying to get out. From above you see a light pour in. "y/n!" You look up to see Catra and Adora both with one arm sticking through the hole of light, trying to reach you. You struggle harder now and get one of your arms free. You reach forward and grab Adora's hand. She tries to pull you up but can't, not by herself. You continue to struggle to get your other hand free but you can feel yourself giving up hope. Tears come to your eyes, "I can't... I wasn't made for this. It's too late, I am sorry... so sorry." you feel your self start to resign and slowly start letting go of Adora's hand. "No, it's not gonna end like this." Catra said her own tears showing, "You have never given up, you don't give up-" "It's like you don't know the meaning of the word." Adora says through her own tears before letting Catra continue, who let out a watery chuckle. "You never gave up on me or anyone, not even Glimmer when she was being an asshole. (Season 4 Glimmer for real had me heated)" You chuckle at that one. "So please don't give up now. I know I always made you choose between Adora and I. But if you'll both have me, you'll never have to choose again." As Catra says that she takes a quick peek at Adora, who is now looking at Catra and wearing a big smile. Adora puts her hand on Catra's cheek and wipes away some of her tears. "Of course I'll have you." She says putting her forehead to Cartas. She turns back to look at you, "Come on, we can figure this out together... The three of us..." Adora puts her hand back out and you grab it again before looking at Catra, who also has her hand reaching out. "All you gotta do is stay." And with that you break your other arm free and grab her hand.

(I know it might seem like it's the end but its not... I decided to give it 2 endings, a sad and a happy one of course, both with a mini flash forward to the future. So stay tuned.)