Toph x Reader R1

(I apologize because it took me like a month to publish this 😬

(I apologize because it took me like a month to publish this 😬. But I just watched the episode with the flashback of Yakone's trial so I got this out as fast as I could.)

You sat behind the prosecution table, watching as the council walked back to their seats. After Sokkas little speech about unique bending, which caused you to stifle a laugh and try not to roll your eyes, he might use bigger words now but he's still the same Sokka. "We find Yakone..." You sit up straighter at this, you and Toph had been working your asses off trying to finally pin Yakone down. You and Toph had gotten together around the time Republic City was being built. The two of you had been friends since childhood. You had grown up together, trained together, both of you learned earthbending with the moles together, you went to every Earth Rumble IV match, and you ran away with her. You both had danced around each others feelings for years before you got together. You two had a chance to get together before Sozin's Comet. It was after crossing Serpents Pass, when Toph almost drowned. She couldn't really help with delivering Hope, so you made sure to check up on her while the birth was happening. Of course the kiss was just a quick peck because you were trying to get her to calm down and the fact that ya'll were just 12. Both of you had talked after that day about your feelings for each other and how it just wasn't the right time and that you would revisit after Aang defeats Fire Lord Ozai. And even after that happened, you both got swamped with different responsibilities, Toph being sent to Ba Sing Se to help with rebuilding before coming to the newly forming Republic City, while you went straight there and helped Aang, Sokka, and some others build up the city.

"guilty with a sentence for life." You sighed in relief before turning to look at Toph and smile, she felt you smile and returned it. Your relief was ended suddenly when Yakone stood up, this wasn't gonna be good. Yakone started bloodbending the council causing everyone to stand up. Toph took a step forward before getting bloodbended as well. Once Yakone has everyone bloodbended and gets Toph to free him, he looks around with a smirk. "Now I want to have some fun before I leave." He makes eye contact with the members of the Gaang. "Now sadly Katara is in the South pole taking care of the children... And Suki is with the Fire Lord." You were shocked with how much he knew about your friends. "But..." he chuckles before looking in between you and Toph, shit. "We do have you two here together... Ahhh what a powerful little couple... The blind chief of police and the hard hitting lawyer... I can have some fun with this." You watch as Toph's face gets a worried expression over it. "Now lets put you here." You grunt in pain as Yakone moves you a few feet in front of a wall. "Now this'll probably hurt Toph more than it hurts you." "Wha--" Before you could ask your question, you felt a rock slams into your body causing you to slam into the wall behind you. You felt ribs break and your head slam against the wall before passing out against the floor. Yakone smirked as he looked at Toph, who had tears in her eyes. He then looked at Sokka and Aang who were glaring at him. That made him smile more before making everyone black out and ran out the building.

When Toph woke up she was in the hospital. She laid there for a minute before remembering what happened. She stood up fast, almost falling back at the sudden dizziness that hits her. When she finally is able to stand she walks slowly to the door and opens it, to see Katara standing on the other side. Katara freezes for a moment before she starts making Toph sit back down. "I can't sit down, I need to check on y/n." Katara slowly pushes Toph back to the bed, "y/n is doing alright now--" "Now!?" Katara gives Toph a glare, which shuts her up. "They are alright now but they were pretty busted up. They're gonna need you to lean on and you want to be strong for them, right?" Toph sighs in defeat before letting Toph put her back in bed. The next couple of days was filled with Katara pushing Toph into bed and giving her updates on y/n. Today Katara was finally letting Toph see y/n and Toph couldn't tell if she was more happy or worried. She knew y/n wouldn't blame her for hitting her but Toph still blamed herself. The walk to y/n seemed longer than it should have to Toph. "Where are we going?" "I had y/n healing in a healing pool." Toph's eyes widen at that statement, healing pools were for emergencies only. Just hearing that now made her mad, "I thought you said y/n was ok!?" Katara flinched at Toph's shout and put her head down slightly with guilt. "They were okay, I didn't lie about that in the beginning. But during transport into a normal room, they got jostled around too much and their rib stabbed their lung. They're recovering fine and I didn't want you to worry." Toph's anger lessened a little when she saw how bad Katara felt about it, but she was still angry. "I still deserved to know Katara. That person in the healing pool is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, get married, have kids, the whole shebang. If something like that happens again, I deserve to know." Katara just nodded her head before opening a door they had stopped infron of. "They're in here."

Toph walked in quietly, not wanting to disturb the bender that were healing you. She focused on feeling your heartbeat, her throat tightens when its sped up more than usual, probably from pain. When the healer do leave Toph moves towards you and grabs your hand. You squeeze her hand before looking up at her. "How are you feeling?" you ask and Toph suddenly seems to explode. "How am I doing!? How are you doing!? I slammed you into a wall with my earthbending! I watched you fall limp to the floor! I was so scared and then Katara wouldn't let me see you! Only to come to find out, you had to be put in a healing pool!" Toph takes a deep breath, finally getting all her anger out. "Its just... I can't lose you y/n. We've been through too much together for that. I love you." You squeeze her hand again before tugging on it to pull her down for a kiss. "I love you too." You pause for a few minutes before calming yourself. "Actually I've had something I have wanted to give you and ask you for a long time. And this probably isn't the best moment of time but I kind of heard your little rant in the hallway to Katara." Toph blushed knowing what you heard. "So..." you say as you reach a hand over to a small bag that you had been carrying around with you the day of the trial. You pull out a ring, its made of the same space rock of the arm band that Toph use to have when you both were younger. "Will you marry me?" You say as you place the ring in her hand. Toph's eyes widen in shock, trying her hardest not to cry.

"Yeah."