Mission Impossible

Nova was on the training grounds. She spent most of her time here, for she was the princess of the Luna (the moon).

As your narrator, it is my job to clarify. Things on the moon are different than on Earth. For one thing, 'princess' did not imply preppy dresses and tiaras. A Princess is a warrior who fought for her people. For another thing, the moon was united under one rule. Of course, it is simply impossible to watch over the entire moon at once. The current ruler of the Luna would choose 6 District Men (or women). They would watch over each section and give the ruler a report each year.

Nova continued practicing until she couldn't lift an arm. She hopped on her hoverbike (she learned to ride one when she was four, like everyone else) and drove away.

She met her father and Jack, a childhood friend of hers. Actually, "childhood friend" is not the exact phrase for that. They were never really friends. Nova found Jack quite annoying, actually. The king adored Jack, so he stayed.

     "Ah, Nova," her father smiled.

     "Yes, father?"

     "I have an important mission for you today."

Nova was not excited. Every time her father told her she had an "important" mission, it was something useless and dull.

   "Yes, father. What's the 'important' mission?"

    "You will be going to Earth?"

    "Earth? Why?"

Her father looked nervous.

      "The entire deal has nothing to do with you. Your mission is to eliminate Robert Roberts."

       "Robert Roberts? What kind of name is that?"

        "That does not matter." the king said, slightly annoyed.

        "I sent you his profile, so go read it,"

Nova slowly walked to her pod, kind of like a room on Earth. She knew her father wasn't telling the full truth. There was a reason behind this mission, but she did not pay attention or care, really. She was going to Earth! Finally, after years of training, she would be going on an actual mission. Sure, it was random and out of the blue. It was also oddly suspicious, but she did not care. She opened the hologram profile and read it. She actually didn't read it-she quickly scanned it. She didn't have time to read the entire thing. Now she had to do more training than ever.

     Training was a basic requirement for a princess. Nova had been doing training since she could remember. She trained with other members of the Squad, or as Earthlings would call it, the army. The Squad consisted of children 13 and older. Jack was in the squad as well, and they spent the next several months training for that mission.