Don't Ask

Nova found herself in bed after a nap which, didn't actually last that long. She couldn't make herself go to sleep to ignore her emotions which usually, she was very good at. She had a pounding headache she couldn't seem to knock of so, she slowly crawled out of bed. It was in the evening, and she found herself wearing a huge, comfy, oversized hoodie along with shorts. The hoodie was so long you could barely tell they were there. Her dark hair wasn't made whatsoever, so she decided to at least pull it in a messy bun.

There. Now I only look 98% deceased.

Not having much energy, she made her way downstairs. Neither Janet or Alex were home yet.

When she was finally downstairs, she saw Ethan sitting on the couch. She smiled. He turned around and smiled back, until his face changed into concern.

  "You okay?" He asked once again.

Nova nodded and crawled next to him on the couch.

   "I have one hell of a headache and I didn't get much sleep, but yeah, I'm fine," Nova looked up at him and smiled, trying to say it in a joking tone.

He didn't smile back.

Nova looked back down as she wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest, warming herself with his body heat.

   "What are you going to eat?" He asked her.

   "I'm not hungry," She said lazily as she made herself comfortable.

Ethan frowned.

   "Nova, you have to eat something. You skipped breakfast and didn't eat lunch," He reminded her.

She had forgotten about this morning. It seemed as if that were weeks ago.

  "Fine. Ice cream," Nova said, satisfied.

   "Something that's actual food," He told her.

  "You digest it, don't you? There. Food."

He gave her an unamused face.

  "Fine, mom," Nova sighed, thinking.

Her face lit up.

  "Pizza."

  "Pizza?" Ethan raised one eyebrow.

She nodded.

  "Pizza it is then," Ethan shrugged as Nova clapped her hands like a five year old.

»»»»»»»»»

   "So we are actually going?" Mason asked, just to be sure.

   "Yes. Nova needs us, especially now," Jade told him.

   "Now help me close this suitcase so I can transport it," Jade said as she pushed it down harder.

Mason was about to help her, until he jumped unto her bed and cursed under his breath.

  "What is it?" Jade asked him.

   "Spider," He nearly whispered.

   "Crap," She said, nearly leaping across the room unto her bed as well.

She looked until she found the spider crawling across the floor, and she swore she could feel it staring into her soul.

   "Well? Kill it!" She said to Mason impatiently.

Mason scoffed.

   "You expect me to kill it? You kill it!"

    "I'm sure as hell not killing it!"