Lovely

Nova woke up slowly. She suddenly remembered what had happened in the past hours and groaned. She looked up, looking for Jade. Jade wasn't around, or in the room, for that matter. Nova considered looking in the hallway, but since she didn't know around here, or where she was to be exact, she stayed. Someone knocked on the door, making her heart jump. She sighed at her reaction.

   "Yeah?"

Ethan cracked open the door with his head poking out. His hair was messy as if it had been tampered with.

    "Oh. Hey," Nova sighed in relief.

She was afraid it would have been Asher or Jasmine.  She didn't really want to face either of them. Not right now. Plus, Jasmine was scary. Almost in a good way, that she admired.

    "Have you seen Mason? He wasn't in his room," Ethan asked her.

Nova gestured for him to let himself in.

    "Close the door," She instructed him.

He did so slowly. She gestured with her fingers for him to come closer. He looked at her, confused, but did what he was told.

     "I haven't seen him. Or Jade," She told him.

     "Where do you think they could have gone?" Ethan questioned.

      "There's no way they would have left by themselves. At least, not without telling us."

Nova looked down and sighed. She found she had been sighing a lot these past couple of days. She wished she could turn back time. So she would have never gone on this mission. So she could just go back to her old life.

And yet, good things came out of the terrible. Good friends.

Like Jade. Mason.

People she had met along the way.

Like Sam, or Eris.

Or people who she couldn't quite classify yet.

Like Ethan.

      "You guys," Jasmine snapped, causing Nova's thoughts to pause.

      "Stay here. We'll be back with Jade and Mason later."

      "What? You can't just say that without context."

      "Oh, but I can," Jasmine smirked as she closed the door.

Nova tried the knob.

Of course. Locked.

      "Screw this," Nova sighed.

She sat on the bed next to Ethan. She was still tired anyways; and as far as she knew, she wasn't going anywhere. She didn't have anywhere to go. She barely knew where she was.

     "Remember, when we rode Eris's helicopter, and you hated it?" Ethan changed the subject.

     "How could I forget," She mumbled.

      "I told you I didn't see a reason for you to use it again."

     "Yes, I remember," She sighed.

     "Life's unpredictable. There's always going to be hardships."

     "No kidding Sherlock," She sarcastically replied.

     "If you want the rainbow, you've got to have the rain first."

She studied him for a minute. His face was still, and yet revealing a smile, his blue eyes sincere.