Blood

Mason was very, very busy the next morning. He sitting down, on his phone, taking a quiz on what kind of garbage he was.

He loved those random quizzes, and he wasn't going to apologize.

He looked up when he saw Jade walking towards him hesitantly. She was only wearing a large hoodie and shorts, with her dark hair up in a messy bun. This was basically her every weekend.

And somehow she still managed to look attractive as hell.

Yeah, he probably shouldn't have been thinking that about his ex. Especially the ex who had friend-zoned him about 30 times in the past week.

  "What's up?" He asked her.

She gave him a hesitant look, like she was debating something in her head.

  "I need to tell you something," She finally said.

  "Okay. Shoot."

She gave him another one of his looks. He had gotten really good at reading them over the years. This one said she wasn't going to tell him anything if he didn't get his butt off the couch.

He got up and stood in front of her so that they were face to face.

  "I...I've been thinking," She said slowly as she ran the fingernail on her thumb over her bottom lip.

It was a weird, sort of hypnotizing habit she had. Mason had noticed that too about her.

He nodded as if to tell her to go on.

 "Well, um, the guy that looks like Ethan. The one that's supposedly king," Jade continued.

  "Isn't it weird that he became king, or maybe even made himself king, just to...well, sit there?" She questioned.

It was true. Nothing had really happened. He hadn't changed any laws, hadn't renamed a city, taken over the moon... nothing.

  "But that's not really it," Jade kept going.

  "Okay," Mason said slowly. 

  "He looks exactly like Ethan. Except for maybe a few, tiny differences that only Nova can notice."

Mason chuckled. That was definitely true.

  "But... why though? Unless he went through a lot of plastic surgery..." Jade trailed off.

She bit her lip as Mason looked in her eyes, waiting for her to finish.

  "They must be related."

Mason stayed quiet.

  "You mean like... twins?" Ethan asked in disbelief.

  "Possibly, but I don't think so," Jade said.

  "More like, cousins."

Mason nodded.

   "Now, how do you think we can get Ethan's blood? I have a big needle, don't ask me why, or we can give him a papercut, I wish we could hire vampires-"

  "Woah, hold on," Mason interrupted.

  "His blood?"

  "Well, yeah," She said in a 'duh' tone of voice.

  "Ever heard of DNA? I can definitely find out if their related."

  "Sure, but not blood. Hair or something. But definitely not blood," Mason told her.

  "You're no fun," Jade pouted.

   "So how are you going to ask him?" Mason asked her.

Jade started laughing.