Perfect

The next day, Nova woke up alone, with the bright sun penetrating the windows. She didn't hear anybody, so she assumed that everybody was downstairs.

 She lazily got up from the bed out of hunger. After getting ready, she made her way downstairs where she found Alex, Ethan and Janet. Alex and Ethan were on the couch, while Janet was on her phone in a chair.

She greeted Janet before making her way towards the couch.

    "I never thought I'd see the day when you got up before me," Nova smirked.

    "I just got up early to watch the game," Ethan said.

He gestured to the HTV in which Alex's eyes were glued. A football game was on the HTV. 

    "Typical," Nova commented.

She shook her head as they both cheered at the HTV. 

 As she headed towards the kitchen, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out and smiled when she saw it was Asher.

    "Hello, customer service. How may I help you?" Nova said sarcastically.

     "Hello to you too," Asher responded.

She heard shuffling on the other end of the phone.

    "Asher, give me the phone!" She heard Jade's voice.

    "Hi, Jade," Nova laughed.

    "Hey, how's everything?"

    "Surprisingly simple," Nova shrugged.

    "Is that Jade?" Ethan whispered behind her.

    "How the hell did you get there-"

     "I can hear you, Ethan," Jade said.

      "Are you on the phone with Nova?" They heard Mason's voice on the other end of the phone.

     "Hi, Mason," Nova smiled.

      "This has to be a most chaotic conversation ever," Alex joked.

Chaotic? Yes it was. But it was with the people she loved. And in that moment, everything seemed perfect.

»»»»»»»»»»»

Everybody was upstairs as Nova scrolled through her smart pad. It was finally quiet, and she took this opportunity to raid the kitchen for some snacks.

She munched on the popcorn as she went through her smart pad, and everything was peaceful and quiet.

That was, until, her inner thoughts were interrupted by somebody ringing the doorbell.

    "I'll get it!" She yelled so everybody else could hear.

This better be good.

She opened the door to find Simone waiting in front of her.

    "Oh," She said blandly.

    "It's you."

     "Hello to you too," Simone replied.

     "Well, come in, I guess," Nova sighed.

Simone quietly walked in. Nova decided to resume eating in the kitchen. She leaned over with her elbows on the counter. Meanwhile Simone sat on a barstool in the kitchen playing what seemed like a game on her phone.

They sat there in awkward silence, each one looking up at the other occasionally but saying nothing.

   "Do mind if I ask you a question?" Simone said out of the blue.