When In Rome...

Nova was doing her homework. No, not her school homework. That was useless. She was doing homework on Robert Roberts so she had a visual of her options. She was starting to feel bad, which she knew was stupid, but she didn't know why she needed to eliminate this guy anyway. She knew he had something that the Lunar Army wanted, but what was it?

She heard a knock on the door and scrambled to put the pad under the bed. Her pad was almost like a modern-day tablet, except transparent. The only way you can see the contents was with special glasses, which she was wearing.

    "Yeah, come in," she said.

Ethan walked into the room.

    "Since when do you wear glasses?" Ethan asked.

Crap. She forgot about the glasses. She threw them across the bed.

    "Oh, you know just...casual glasses. Old school. Cosplay or whatever. That." She stammered.

Ethan looked at her strangely.

    "Yeah well...ok. Do you know how to do this question?" he asked her.

She scooted over, making room on her bed. He sat down beside her, showing her the problem.

    "It's D," Nova said.

    "Okay thank- wait, this is a true or false question."

    "D. As in, do your own homework," Nova told him.

    "Wow."

Nova threw a pillow at him.

    "So that's how it's going to be, huh?" Ethan said as he tossed a pillow in her direction.

She screamed as she tumbled backward.

    "Seriously, Ethan?" she laughed.

    "I told you not to call me Ethan!"

    "Too bad!" she said as she stood on her knees to slam him with a pillow.

Ethan laughed as he grabbed a pillow and smacked her with it.

Suddenly, they heard a loud crack.

    "My glasses!" Nova screamed.

    "I'm so sorry..." Ethan trailed off.

Nova had a serious look on her face.

   "You know what has to happen now, Ethan..." Nova smiled.

She hit him with a pillow and laughed. The pillow fight continued.

After about thirty minutes of striking each other with pillows, they finally became tired.

   "Oh God, I'm so tired..." Nova huffed as she fell flat on her back.

   "I think it's time to end the pillow fight," Ethan said.

   "Agreed, but I won."

   "Seriously?"

Nova didn't answer, and Ethan didn't bother arguing with her. He just smiled as she slowly fell asleep and left.

»»»»»»

  The next day at school, Nova hung out with Sam and Eris again. Even though Sam was pretty weird and Eris was...well, you saw, but she enjoyed getting to know them.

  They enjoyed getting to know her as well, even though they did not enjoy getting to know Ethan. Not that they tried getting to know him. They found him quite annoying. As for Jason...well, all the girls found him annoying. All the girls except the popular girls, such as Victoria and her best friend Rylee. Nova ignored him as much as she could, making witty remarks here and there. Eris and Sam have been teaching her their best stuff. Nova managed to ignore him as much as possible. Well, except this day, afterschool.